Mixing with pre-blended concentrates

I remember really struggling as well to get nic added. The way I got around it was to start a new recipe and then clicked "Add Ingredient". It prompts you for a name so call it "nic 36mg" or whatever. Then click on "Update". In the box that comes up, there's a list on the left that includes "Nicotine" as an option. Select that option, click Save and you're good to go. Every recipe from there on, when you click on the Nicotine box, you will get a drop-down box with "nic 36mg" as an option.

Eureka! Just made my first two 30ml pre-blends for Rhodonite and Girly Cakes. My favorite tank DLH juices at the moment.

This is gotta be the best way to make juice especially for those mornings when you get up realise you have an hour to leave the house for work and then figure you forgot to mix some new juice last night. I made my 1st vape-able 30ml from pre mix this morning in under 2 minutes...just weigh NIC, PG,VG and good to go...stunning!

I am forced to now mix with pre blends because of different nic values for the same juice.
Did my first batch.....wow this does suck concentrates!!!!!
blends.jpg

You will notice the English blend needs a bit extra.....that would be the Virgina, I ran out.

I am forced to now mix with pre blends because of different nic values for the same juice.
Did my first batch.....wow this does suck concentrates!!!!!
View attachment 76997

You will notice the English blend needs a bit extra.....that would be the Virgina, I ran out.
Actually another advantage of pre-blends now that you mention it - easy to do different nic values.
Get the Oba Oba too when you replenish the Virginia!
My pre-blend cupboard is at the stage where it needs organising:).

I forgot about that. I left out the oba oba from the start and have gone through a fair amount of English Blend because I enjoy it so much.
Too late to add to order, already checked out at two vendors.
Let me see if I can get hold of them and add another bottle to order.
Thanks for the reminder @Andre

Hey @Andre

Quite keen to try making pre-blends, however, I just wanted to find out if the pre-blends lose flavour over time? For example if you mix up a juice using use your pre-blend in week 1 and then make a second batch at week 6, will both mixes taste the same? Or will the second batch have a reduced flavour due to the time lapsed?

Hey @Andre

Quite keen to try making pre-blends, however, I just wanted to find out if the pre-blends lose flavour over time? For example if you mix up a juice using use your pre-blend in week 1 and then make a second batch at week 6, will both mixes taste the same? Or will the second batch have a reduced flavour due to the time lapsed?

Hi @Faheem777..it depends..my experience is that some flavours do loose steam like strawberry ripe so what I do when I make my cheesecake is I steep all the flavours except s/ripe and then add the s/ripe when I do the final mix..using flavours from cap and FA rather than TFA solved this problem for me

Hey @Andre

That imo is one of the advantages of pre-blends. Your pre-blend consist of the full strength concentrates so should not fade in that format. If that was the case, it should fade in single form concentrate too. From my practical experience this is true. So, your juice from a 6 week old pre-blend, might taste different to the one made from a 1 week old pre-blend, but only because of the longer steep time and not because of any fading of flavours.

Hi @Faheem777..it depends..my experience is that some flavours do loose steam like strawberry ripe so what I do when I make my cheesecake is I steep all the flavours except s/ripe and then add the s/ripe when I do the final mix..using flavours from cap and FA rather than TFA solved this problem for me
@Faheem777 is referring to fading in pre-blends (of concentrates), not in fully mixed juices.

That imo is one of the advantages of pre-blends. Your pre-blend consist of the full strength concentrates so should not fade in that format. If that was the case, it should fade in single form concentrate too. From my practical experience this is true. So, your juice from a 6 week old pre-blend, might taste different to the one made from a 1 week old pre-blend, but only because of the longer steep time and not because of any fading of flavours.

@Andre ah get you so I could mix my s/ripe and it shouldnt loose flavour?

I've had a 30 ml premix for over 2 months (with S/Ripe and Shisha) and no problem. In fact once nic and VG/PG are added, the steeping is quicker.
The folks over at FlavourArt UK reckons if steeped in pre-blended format (half the normal steeping time) you need no further steeping, i.e. then it is shake and vape. I usually let it stand overnight. Exception to this rule is Custards apparently.

With tobaccos I let my pre-blends steep for only 15 days, mix, shake, leave overnight, vape. Same taste as a normal mix steeped for 30 days.

BTW, cracked open a 3 month old Gitanes Homage, in which I upped the Burley and Western by 0.5 % each and decreased the Vape Wizard by the same percentage. Out of this world! Pre-blend made post-haste.

Last edited:
The folks over at FlavourArt UK reckons if steeped in pre-blended format (half the normal steeping time) you need not further steeping, i.e. then it is shake and vape. I usually let it stand overnight. Exception to this rule is Custards apparently.

With tobaccos I let my pre-blends steep for only 15 days, mix, shake, leave overnight, vape. Same taste as a normal mix steeped for 30 days.

BTW, cracked open a 3 month old Gitanes Homage, in which I upped the Burley and Western by 0.5 % each and decreased the Vape Wizard by the same percentage. Out of this world! Pre-blend made post-haste.

Damn, back to the mixing desk. I still have 50 ml waiting for 16 December and my Gitanes reconciliation:abrazo:.

That's great news @Andre ! Gonna give it a try this weekend:)

This is interesting. So we can conclude, from a chemistry point of view, that flavour fade is not occurring from the interaction of flavourant molecules with each other, but rather the interaction with nic/VG/PG molecules?

Way to go!

11 Of those are tobaccos, and busy working on at least 3 new tobacco recipes. I'll need to find a replacement for Rhodonite soon, getting a bit tired of it.

The folks over at FlavourArt UK reckons if steeped in pre-blended format (half the normal steeping time) you need no further steeping, i.e. then it is shake and vape. I usually let it stand overnight. Exception to this rule is Custards apparently.

With tobaccos I let my pre-blends steep for only 15 days, mix, shake, leave overnight, vape. Same taste as a normal mix steeped for 30 days

In my head, this all makes sense. But why would custards need additional steeping after mixing with VG/PG?

In my head, this all makes sense. But why would custards need additional steeping after mixing with VG/PG?
To let the initial lemony taste of the custard fade away, if I remember correctly. Maybe they are just referring to FA custard.

So this pre blend thing has been going a while. What do you guys do with the last bit left in the pre blend that doesnt make a full recipe?
I wanted to mix my pre blends into 15ml bottles instead of 10ml so it would make it easier to just refill them back to 10ml but never got there.
Now I am getting to the end of some pre blends and thinking....should I just add the last bit and make the recipe stronger and see how that turns out or just make enough for what is left in the preblend

Back