Reonaut
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Sigelei 213 Power Testing self.electronic_cigarette

submitted 8 hours ago by Mooch315

I tested two Sigelei 213's to add additional results to Daniel Batista's (Djslb Vape's) great testing of this device. Using 20A, 25A, and 30A batteries I wasn't able to get more than 160W to the coils with the Sigelei set to 213W. This was done using Sigelei's recommended load of 0.2 ohms to get the most power from the board.

Sigelei recommends using "40A" batteries in the Sigelei 213. This is quite surprising considering that such a battery doesn't exist and the ones labeled as 40A are typically just 20A batteries. For my testing I used 20A Samsung 25R5's, 25A Sony VTC5A's, and 30A LG HB6's. The highest rating available for an 18650 is 30A.

Even using the Sigelei's highest voltage display of 6.26V during the start of the first pull using VTC5A's, that is only 178.1W maximum that could be sent to the coils even if the atomizer had no voltage drop! Even Sigelei's own numbers show it's not a 213W device.

Djlsb Vape's tests of the Sigelei 213:

My results:

Problems I ran into during testing included several instances of incorrectly read battery voltages after inserting them, sometimes off by over four volts! Other problems included voltage readings bouncing all over the place. This could be caused by the large voltage spikes occurring every 6.2 microseconds or so in the output. If the board was taking a reading during one of these spikes it would affect the accuracy of the reading. And since the spikes are happening over 160,000 times a second this seems likely to happen a lot. In my experience these voltage spikes are caused by insufficient filtering of the output of the regulator and/or a less-than-optimum layout of the circuit board.

I wasn't able to finish the testing with HB6's. After 35 pulls the device dropped the power setting down to 170W because the battery voltage had dropped too low. I stopped at the HB6 testing at this point. Another time though I got a low battery message and the device wouldn't fire, still set to 213W.

The Sigelei is definitely not a 213W device. For short periods, with just the right battery, you could vape at up to around 160W. From my testing though most of the time you will start at about 145W-150W maximum and go down from there.

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/4onyxu/sigelei_213_power_testing/

This is bad for such a company and the stiff competition out there, but at the moment I only use my 213 at 50 watt with a ceramic coil and enjoying every moment. But yes it surely is bad news for the power hunters.

If is possible to return the device to a vendor I bought if from if it is still under wawa?? Clearly this device does not meet any of the specs advertised....

If is possible to return the device to a vendor I bought if from if it is still under wawa?? Clearly this device does not meet any of the specs advertised....

Hmm, interesting question as it is not the vendors fault.
I doubt they would take it back though. The Sigelei is a very sexy mod.

No doubt it's a very well built device, however it is being falsely advertised and although it might not be the vendors fault they as a vendor should still make the customer aware of such issues before purchasing the device

This is bad for such a company and the stiff competition out there, but at the moment I only use my 213 at 50 watt with a ceramic coil and enjoying every moment. But yes it surely is bad news for the power hunters.
But is it 50 watts ?

I have noticed that wattage rating from manufacturers seem to differ, and this is from vaping, not testing. 50 watts on the Minikin is "stronger" than the RX200, with same atty and batteries.

From what I have heard the the 213 is a great device, and owners love it, such a shame they have to lie about such a trivia specification. I am sure not many people purchased this mod for it's 200+ output rating. Such a shame.

But is it 50 watts ?

I have noticed that wattage rating from manufacturers seem to differ, and this is from vaping, not testing. 50 watts on the Minikin is "stronger" than the RX200, with same atty and batteries.

From what I have heard the the 213 is a great device, and owners love it, such a shame they have to lie about such a trivia specification. I am sure not many people purchased this mod for it's 200+ output rating. Such a shame.
Yes, 50 watts hehe, but I must admit greaaaat battery life and one awsome vape, compared to my Cuboid with the same tank and coil, way better.

The Sigelie 213 is a phenomenal device, great battery life, great looking and I don't think the vendors were aware of this until Monday or Tuesday this week. A quick question though before you choose to give it back do you even Vape over 150w? If you do then give it back, if you don't then you still have one of the best devices and don't even need to worry about the false advertising. It does everything you need it to up 150w.

But is it 50 watts ?

Check what the resistance is on the atty in the two devices, I know my RX200, Sigelei and my ohm reader give different resistance readings. A slight change in resistance will change the amount of Volts outputted.

Just a thought.

I'd be interested to know.
A while ago, must be almost 2 years ago, a well known local vendor recalled their Cloupor T8's and took the stock off their shelves because their own testing showed the device was not performing at the advertised 150W (at a time where the Sig100 was king). It was the right thing to do. That particular vendor doesn't stock the 213, but I'm very curious to see what vendors do if customers feel that way. Maybe not quite as bad as overrated batteries, but still shouldn't be acceptable for companies to do this type of thing

My biggest issue is not necessarily the shortage of watts as I don't vape higher than 70watt, I have a problem with the TC being inaccurate. I love my nickel builds. And the fact that the resistance doesn't lock in properly

And thats why I love this forum, its made me not "waste" my money on a "hyped" product.. Now after watching hours of reviews I'd rather spend my money on a tarrot or hpriv..I used to love sig since I proudly owned a 100w box and it was amazing but this blatant false advertising to please the "more power is good" hype is unacceptable. At least the other common brands do exactly what they advertise. Shame on Sig for this..I was a loyal supporter but now....pff

My biggest issue is not necessarily the shortage of watts as I don't vape higher than 70watt, I have a problem with the TC being inaccurate. I love my nickel builds. And the fact that the resistance doesn't lock in properly

There are a few 213 owners here that have reported positively on their TC experience with the 213.

According to mooch it doesn't work
17b39155ef3d8eb2687916c2ae1992ef.jpg

But then again try it yourself by doing a dry burn with cotton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you feel it was a waste of money then it was for you. So dump it, no need to keep something that you are not happy with.

I do have a problem though with any company that puts new gear out that is problematic or doesn't do what it was advertised to do. And worse yet doesn't do anything to correct the problem with the end users who bought their crap gear.
^^^ Read that Vaporesso.^^^
If Sig didn't know before they shipped the 213 that it didn't do what was advertised, then that is all on them. They've been around long enough to know the drills, so I find it hard to believe they didn't know.

Regardless, I like my 213 so far... don't care at all about TC, 150W is more than I'll ever use, don't care that mine came from old stock either (FW 1.5). It works just fine for my uses. Was not that much money invested in it either, so even if it dies eventually I will have got my moneys worth out of it.

There are a few 213 owners here that have reported positively on their TC experience with the 213.

According to mooch it doesn't work
17b39155ef3d8eb2687916c2ae1992ef.jpg

But then again try it yourself by doing a dry burn with cotton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone decides to try the dry cotton burn test, make sure the "Preheat Power Adjustment" is set to 0.01 seconds.

Personally I think this is where everyone is getting the TC wrong. As an example, if you got your PPA settings at 50 plus watts for more then a couple of seconds, it will obviously burn the cotton when dry...

Back