Mouth to lung vaping - with nicotine salts only

I cannot get myself to try the growing pod systems. I am afraid it may be another "Rabbit Hole" I will quickly sink into. The variety available in the vape industry is incredible.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

As long as pod systems are closed/disposable it will never be the most cost effective method of satisfying your nic levels.

I've used 3 pod systems to date :

- Gusto - great little device , pod pricing makes it not worthwhile for me ...
- LaCarte - another gem , refillable pods , pods last a lot longer .... coil can be rebuilt with some patience ;) (watch out for my video dropping soon)
- Twisp Cue - closed pod system , widely available and juices are nice. Again price is a factor. BUT you can disassemble the pods also and refill with your own juice. I would stick to freebase 50/50 high nic juices with the ceramic wicks as I'm not sure how it will perform with Nic Salts.
Video of pod disassembly and compassion between old and new pods here :

Uncle @KZOR did a video on rebuilding the JustFog Minifit looks like a winner with the constant voltage -

Many of us started with the "old school" mouth to lung style of vaping, AKA "MTL". There is a good chance that we used a Twisp-like device with high nicotine e-liquid.

Then, thanks to the limitless magic of You Tube, we discovered the amazing adventure of sub ohm vaping. The massive RTA's and RDA's intrurged us so much that eventually we percieved MTL as if it were only for the novice vaper, or for the guy who only wants to get off the cigs, with a view of later quitting completely. MTL eventually took a back seat among the kleidoscopic range of powerful mods, exotic coils and sophisticated sub ohm or rebuildable tanks.

No doubt there are many serious "hobbyist" vapers, young and old, who dismiss the idea of MTL amidst the plethora of low build, exotic coil, sub ohm vaping and massive 200 plus Watt mods. Then there are those who simply enjoy the MTL experience, but who use the regular 3mg, 6mg or perhaps a 12 mg nicotine content, with an average: 70/30 VG PG volume. But is this a truly gratifying vape?

Personally, I dabbled into MTL before, but I found that the regular free base nicotine e-liquids were not sufficiently satisfying with such a small tight cigarette style drag. When my body craves nicotine, I usually reach for my RDA or RTA, and chain vape until my room or office looks like an eighties smoke filled disco. Only then am I satisfied. Regular e-liquid takes longer to enter the blood stream than cigarette nicotine. One main disadvantage of sub-ohm vaping is my wife or my boss moans about all excessive lingering vape in the air. It's also difficult to stealth sub ohm.

Enter "Nicotine Salts"

I scour vaping websites and vaping vendors like CIA agent looking for terrorists. I saw Nicotine salts being advertised a lot lately. I dismissed any notions of trying it, especially in wake of the newer "Pod systems", which I don't care for. I am a die hard coil builder.

A few days back, I was chatting to a vendor owner in his shop. He said: "Look here, and handed me a big mod with a tiny 22mm "Beserker Mini". My first observation was the wattage setting: 14 Watts! He invited me to take a MTL puff to which I obliged. I said, "Hmm, this is different, what's inside the tank?" He replied: "Nicotine salts", with 35mg nicotine, hence the low wattage." He warned me that a higher wattage will make my lungs pay dearly. I took another puff and felt an immediate, but gentle, cigarette-like, nicotine rush. The hit was somewhat different, but pleasantly enjoyable. My throat did not burn at all. He went on to explain that a 2ml tank of nic salts lasts him a half a day. Furthermore, that Nic salts enters your body fast, but also exits your body quickly. He does not even sell Nic salts in his shop, he got it from another vendor and explained how much he enjoys it.

I was immediately intrigued, but told him that I have so much conventional gear, I could not see myself changing my vape style as this would cost me another small fortune.

As I always do, with anything "new" that I discover, I Google the life out of the topic. My first concern was: "Are Nic salts bad for one?" I found no conclusive evidence on the web to the affirmative. However I am mindful of the fact that as with vaping in general, more years are needed for significant research and medical journals to be published on the potential harmful effects on vaping in general. Perhaps nic salts will prove to be dangerous in the near future. Only time will tell.

So what did I do?

I found two brick and mortar shops in my vicinity that stock Nicotine salts e-liquid. The first shop had only 2 flavors in 30ml, with 20mg nicotine. A brand new addition to their juice range. I bought both @ R175 each. Then, after watching many reviews, I binge bought 2 Innokin Ares 24mm MTL and 2 Beserker Mini 22mm MTL RTA's. To round it off, I went to the second vendor, and tried the 50mg nic salts through the shop assistant's "Clearomiser". Way too strong! So I settled on 4 bottles of 35mg nicotine salts @R200 a bottle. With my 4 new MTL devices and my Nicotine salts, I fell in love to be honest.

Final thoughts

MTL is great, but for me it seems absolutely pointless with my regular 6mg juice. Why would I want to take 10 draws through a tight, restricted airflow system with regular juice to get satisfaction? It makes no sense and I don't want to get a hernia from all that cheek sagging sucking.

Nicotine salts in an MTL system gives me fantastic, instant gratification, and I inhale much less juice. The Nicotine salts seem to synergies differently, and more effectively, when stroking the dopamine receptors inside my brain. I still get a pleasant throat hit with no throat burn. And it feels closer to the experience of smoking an analogue cigarette than any other form of vaping. A 30 ml bottle of nic salts will last 6 times longer than a regular 30ml bottle of 3 or 6mg juice. Also, the amount of 26 gauge wire and cotton I use for the micro builds is minimal, hence resulting in further resource savings.

Have I ditched sub ohm vaping?

He'll no! "Variety is the spice of life". For me I enjoy different styles of vaping to suit my mood, or the occasion. I will always use my conventional gear, and still cloud out any room from time to time. But in a car, in a sitting room, or even on an aeroplane, this makes stealth vaping a breeze. It's a case of proper nicotine satisfaction with minimal vape production.

In conclusion, I must say this. I thoroughly enjoy MTL, BUT! -- ONLY with Nicotine salts. Yes, granted: "New is beautiful", and I won't deny; fads do come and go. Like any consumer, I am vulnerable to something "New". But for now, Nic salts are my thing. And I think there is a huge gap in the market for this.

I would love to read other vapers thoughts and experience, specifically with Nic Salts in a rebuildable RTA MTL device, not the pod systems. Without offending anyone, the pod systems are a waste of money for me personally. I don't like buying coils, or pods. Rebuldables only, are my style.

If you are interested, give the salts a bash. You may just be as pleasantly surprised as I am. I would love to read any feedback.

Here is a pic of my current MTL setup.
8ad3c94d25444754b0af6c470cb28e9d.jpg

What are your thoughts on the BLVK Unicorn Salts and what strength are these?

What are your thoughts on the BLVK Unicorn Salts and what strength are these?

I enjoy the lychee one at 50mg but have to add some menthol then it is banging on a tight MTL. I think they also have a 25mg variant.

Apart from elements honey roasted tobacco(got bored of it), anyone has any suggestions on honey tobacco nic salts??

I enjoy the lychee one at 50mg but have to add some menthol then it is banging on a tight MTL. I think they also have a 25mg variant.
Yeah, I'm interested in the 50mg. I was thinking Lychee and Grape but haven't found much reviews online on them. The lychee I'm down for but I'm not sure what else I should choose.

Yeah, I'm interested in the 50mg. I was thinking Lychee and Grape but haven't found much reviews online on them. The lychee I'm down for but I'm not sure what else I should choose.

I’ve tried the grape and apple aswell, the grape is more of a pungent candy grape that I really do not like still have 25mls and the apple I find meh. The flavor for me is very muted on the Apple and I find the Nic comes through a lot also still have 25mls of that. Might try and shove some menthol in them and see if it makes them any better.

Out of them all the lychee is the best for me.

I’ve tried the grape and apple aswell, the grape is more of a pungent candy grape that I really do not like still have 25mls and the apple I find meh. The flavor for me is very muted on the Apple and I find the Nic comes through a lot also still have 25mls of that. Might try and shove some menthol in them and see if it makes them any better.

Out of them all the lychee is the best for me.
Looks like I'll stick to the lychee. The flavor description of the lychee sounds great as well.

Have gone through 4.5 refills thus far with it still Performing well... so hopefully their claim of 30mls of juice will be right, I’ve basically vaped 10mls through one pod and it’s still going strong, I’m absolutely loving it... it’s honestly no gusto for me but the look and the fact that you can refil the pod, is a true winner!

I mean just look at this!

View attachment 128603

You can disassemble the pod and rewick/recoil I'll try do a video soon ;)

Is a sxk bb on a MTL setup a better choice or a aspire breeze or Eleaf icare ??
i used the nautilus coil in the BB the nic salts killed it after 2 refills. using the vapeshell and its much better for mtl. its a loose mtl..but if you like a tighter draw i just block the airflow with my finger

Attachments

• 20180621_131701.jpg
    20180621_131701.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 19
I started off as a tight draw MTL vaper and Nic Salts may have been an option for me five years ago... but now 3mg normal juice is my way! Have tried Nic Salts and all these pod systems and none of them work for me... I can see why they would work for a convert thou.

I started off as a tight draw MTL vaper and Nic Salts may have been an option for me five years ago... but now 3mg normal juice is my way! Have tried Nic Salts and all these pod systems and none of them work for me... I can see why they would work for a convert thou.
The pod systems are not my cup of tea either Rob. I do see the appeal though. Nic Salts I do enjoy in a MTL, but only in moderation. Recently I overdid the Salts and got a bit of Nic sickness.

@Faiyaz Cheulkar if you like tobacco try the vgod Cubanno nic salt juice.
It's a vanilla cigar flavour and it's one of my favourites to date. ALSO, it comes in 25MG as well as 50MG.

If you're a fan of the fruity with a touch of menthol-try rebels&kings Ruby Gates 25MG juice-it's also quite solid.

Next on my list is the Jooseliqs toffee deluxe 20MG-tried it over the weekend in a friend's Suorin Air device and it was exceptional.

Back