Mr. Hardwicks' - Juice and Hardshots Reviews

Hi all

This is my first review of a Mr Hardwicks juice. For those who don't know, Mr Hardwicks is a local juice company run by @method1. He is a fantastic guy and extremely knowledgeable when it comes to juices. Mr Hardwicks has been a supporting vendor on the forum for some time.

The juice I have been spending time with is none other than Debbie Does Donuts (DDD). I got a taste of it a while back and then got two bottles from @method1 at the last Vape Meet. I got the 12mg and 18mg strengths. I paid R300 for the two bottles. They are 32ml each. So that's R150 for 32ml. I have been vaping it for the past few weeks in several devices. For review purposes I have focused on the 12mg version.

MR HARDWICKS - Debbie Does Donuts (12mg)

Bottom line - I love this juice for its authentic freshly baked doughnut taste. The granular texture makes it feel like you are eating a fresh chocolate doughnut. Very satisfying. It's a winner in my book! I will certainly be ordering again.

View attachment 50663

The juice has a dark orange colour. It has an incredibly authentic smell. Smells just like a chocolate doughnut. As if you were in a bakery - with that tasty doughy aroma. My goodness, this juice smells awesome. Makes you want to eat it.

On the vape, I get a chocolaty doughnut taste which is very similar to eating the real thing.

I have always loved chocolate doughnuts and especially the ones made in the Pick n Pay bakery, which I treat myself to every few weeks. (pictured above). Vaping this juice tastes a lot like that doughnut.

For me it's a deeper chocolate taste with a background of freshly baked doughnut. They are well balanced. The chocolate is mild (not overpowering) and is quite deep. It's not artificial tasting. The doughnut part is delicious. It's the only juice I have vaped where I properly get that "doughy bread" bakery taste. I also get a little bit of creaminess and occasionally a feint doughnut sourness. It all works very well together. I do get a bit more of the doughnut on the exhale, especially through the nose. The flavour strengths are perfect in my opinion. Not too strong or too weak.

DDD is definitely a sweetish and fairly rich vape - but it's not too sweet, just right. It's a wettish and warm vape. I find it natural tasting.

Throat hit was surprisingly good for me despite it being a 70% VG juice and me only using the 12mg. (I am used to 18mg). It definitely satisfied the nic cravings! Vapour production was also very good.

What contributes to making this juice special is its granular texture. It feels as if there are doughy granules in the vapour, which enhances the doughnut taste for me. Makes me want to eat it. Very authentic indeed!

The aftertaste is mild. Occasionally I got that doughnut taste lingering for a bit which I enjoyed. I found myself licking my lips a few times.

It's quite a rich vape so not an all-dayer for me. But that does not detract from it at all. I enjoyed this on several occasions with coffee in the mornings (felt like I was eating a chocolate doughnut with my coffee). I also found it particularly pleasing after meals as a dessert of sorts. In addition, I vaped it regularly when I was in need of a good nic hit.

I don't normally vape this kind of juice and wasn't expecting to enjoy it much. But I was very surprised. I enjoyed it more the more I vaped it and with fine tuning of my equipment. I don't have much to compare it to but all I can say is that if you like chocolate doughnuts or even just plain doughnuts and you want to experience that fresh bakery taste, give DDD a try.

Mouth to Lung versus Lung Hit

This juice vaped well in my equipment. I tried it in both mouth to lung (MTL) style on a Reo/RM2 and direct lung hit style on a Reo/Nuppin. I tried two different coil setups in each.

For this juice I far preferred MTL on the RM2
  • MTL (RM2) - I found it to be sweeter and richer, more granular and with more concentrated flavour. I got that doughy bakery taste far better with mouth to lung on the RM2.
  • Lung Hit (Nuppin) - I did not enjoy this as much with direct lung hits. I found it lighter, less chocolaty and I didn't get that "thick doughy" taste I was getting from the MTL.
For me the best setup on the RM2 was a 29g Kanthal paracoil - 1.6mmID - at 0.45 ohms - using Jap Cotton wick.

Packaging:
  • Good packaging overall and has a nice design
  • Dark amber glass bottle with a "child deterrent" cap and a good thin-nosed glass dropper.
  • The labelling is good. Perhaps a criticism is that the juice name and nic strength is a bit too small. I did not see the PG/VG ratio.
Equipment used:
  • REO Grand/RM2 - 0.45 ohm para-coil - Jap Cotton wick - (30 to 39 Watts, depending on battery level)
  • REO Grand/Nuppin1 - 0.52 ohm para-coil - Jap Cotton wick - (26 to 34 Watts, depending on battery level)
Spot on as usual @Silver :)

This is by far one of my all time favourite juices, just can't get enough of this amazingly accurate flavour and texture

That texture @BumbleBee !

What do you like vaping it in?
Everything! :D

It's great in the AIO, Kayfun Monster, Bellus, Sepent, and my daily drivers, the Billow v2s at around 40W. My go to build is a 26g 2.5mm id dual setup. At 150w in the Velocity on a twisted 24g setup it's like eating that donut right off the baking tray, epic stuff!

And yes, also at 12mg ;)

Awesome @BumbleBee. Thanks
Seems like a versatile juice then!
Id love to try it in that baking tray setup (Velo at 150W)

Geez @Silver, what a great, in-depth review!! Spot on! Wish I could get a review like this for every juice on the market!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Awesome @BumbleBee. Thanks
Seems like a versatile juice then!
Id love to try it in that baking tray setup (Velo at 150W)
Maybe just watch that 18mg at 150w, even the 12mg makes me sweat a bit but washing it down with a strong cup of coffee seems to do the trick ;)

I don't really do juice reviews but I've been through so many juices lately and there are some great options but there are a few exceptional ones. I bought the DDD when it came out, really enjoyed it but it was more of an occasional vape for me, didn't work as an ADV. That doesn't mean the flavour wasn't good, the flavour was absolutely awesome. I rarely try a flavour and expect it to be like the description on the bottle. This juice was so precise in every way that it didn't work as an ADV simply because I can't eat donuts all day. The richness, and consistency is really great.

The reason I actually decided to type this now though is because I'm juicing up some tanks and I just realised that I have Smackaroon in 3 of my tanks. I've been using this since it was launched, and the accuracy of the flavour is really great. There's no vagueness in the flavours or "hints" of ingredients, if the bottle says it you will taste it, and the combinations are awesome.

I introduced a few friends to vaping and ordered them Smackaroon as one of the first flavours to try and they say the juice is incredible so they just vape more.

I just wanted to compliment you on the great attention to detail, and at the same time please give us higher nic levels, even if it's not sold at all vendors but only for direct purchase. Also, I can't seem to get the bigger bottles when I've tried the vendors. And finally, we due for a new flavour, so please work harder!

I don't really do juice reviews but I've been through so many juices lately and there are some great options but there are a few exceptional ones. I bought the DDD when it came out, really enjoyed it but it was more of an occasional vape for me, didn't work as an ADV. That doesn't mean the flavour wasn't good, the flavour was absolutely awesome. I rarely try a flavour and expect it to be like the description on the bottle. This juice was so precise in every way that it didn't work as an ADV simply because I can't eat donuts all day. The richness, and consistency is really great.

The reason I actually decided to type this now though is because I'm juicing up some tanks and I just realised that I have Smackaroon in 3 of my tanks. I've been using this since it was launched, and the accuracy of the flavour is really great. There's no vagueness in the flavours or "hints" of ingredients, if the bottle says it you will taste it, and the combinations are awesome.

I introduced a few friends to vaping and ordered them Smackaroon as one of the first flavours to try and they say the juice is incredible so they just vape more.

I just wanted to compliment you on the great attention to detail, and at the same time please give us higher nic levels, even if it's not sold at all vendors but only for direct purchase. Also, I can't seem to get the bigger bottles when I've tried the vendors. And finally, we due for a new flavour, so please work harder!

Hi @M5000 - thanks for taking the time to post some thoughts ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
and at the same time please give us higher nic levels, even if it's not sold at all vendors but only for direct purchase

We have a thread going for all higher nicotine vapers, you can add your name to the list - http://www.ecigssa.co.za/calling-all-higher-nic-vapers-18mg-and-12mg.t5257/page-12#post-405520

Also, we have a list of vendors offering higher nicotine juices - http://www.ecigssa.co.za/any-vendors-with-12mg-18mg-juice.t25931/page-2#post-407546

Very grateful to these folks for looking after our needs. :clap::clap::clap:

Hi,

I love this juice !
20160814_142950_004_zpszci6datj.jpg

The only problem is that no one has stock.

I have been trying to get the DDD for a while and given up, I would like to mention that you need to get bigger bottles.. like 2,5L one ( camel pack ) comes to mind =) but seriously 100 ml and a special 1 liter vacation station.

Please send stock down to Durban ,South Coast area....SOON

Oh my! I think that Debbie does donuts may actually help me stick to my diet :--P. Such an accurate taste! I get freshly baked bread with a very subtle cinnamon and a lovely rich chocolate that lingers. Mmmmmm. And the first juice I have come across that has this "texture"... Don't know if that makes sense but it tastes "thick/full". I am in love

Just got the smackeroon today and I am loving it more with every refill of my tank. Very sweet and decadent. I taste more of the raspberry than the almond biscuit but I love raspberry.

Don't know if I could vape either all day because they are quite rich, more of a treat to me, but definitely will be ordering again as soon as my levels start getting low! :p

Just bought a bottle of smackaroon, and it's not the same. It tastes no were near what I bought last. I wish I could drop the bottle off with you so you could chime in on the taste. Three different mods and fresh wicking on each and it's still not the same.
;(

Update:

Went up on holiday deep in the bush for a week with no vape gear.

Got back and its smackaroon heaven time again in my mouth.

I feel like a right asshole as it was for sure vaper's tongue.

And I did DBD hard...and bought another bottle of Smackaroon..

Last edited:
I had my first taste of a Mr Hardwicks juice today and all I can say is....WOW!!!!
For full disclosure, I did not buy this juice but was very graciously gifted it by @method1
So to the juice, it is Debbie Does Donuts 3mg.
Firstly the packing/labeling is superb.
Upon opening you are immediately hit with a wonderful chocolate aroma. I don't think I've ever smelt a juice that is so exactly right, it is undeniably chocolate doughnut.
The first hit I couldn't make out what I was tasting as my brain scrambled to make sense of how this very familiar flavour was coming out of my tfv8. The second hit everything clicked into place and OMG it is fantastic. The rich sweet chocolate floods in surrounded by a creamy bakery blend. On exhale the chocolate lingers beautifully.

This is possibly the most authentic juice I've ever had, I honestly place it higher than Scream (which I love)
All I can say is well done Method, I don't quite understand how you did this but it is bloody brilliant!!

Great description @Strontium
I agree with your assessment fully!
Debbie does Donuts is very authentic to my palate too!

I had my first taste of a Mr Hardwicks juice today and all I can say is....WOW!!!!
For full disclosure, I did not buy this juice but was very graciously gifted it by @method1
So to the juice, it is Debbie Does Donuts 3mg.
Firstly the packing/labeling is superb.
Upon opening you are immediately hit with a wonderful chocolate aroma. I don't think I've ever smelt a juice that is so exactly right, it is undeniably chocolate doughnut.
The first hit I couldn't make out what I was tasting as my brain scrambled to make sense of how this very familiar flavour was coming out of my tfv8. The second hit everything clicked into place and OMG it is fantastic. The rich sweet chocolate floods in surrounded by a creamy bakery blend. On exhale the chocolate lingers beautifully.

This is possibly the most authentic juice I've ever had, I honestly place it higher than Scream (which I love)
All I can say is well done Method, I don't quite understand how you did this but it is bloody brilliant!!
If you love DDD then you should give @method1 's Chocolate Whip a try. It's the best chocolate flavor ever!!!

Chocolate Whip

I got this juice in because I'm addicted to chocolate milk. Every chocolate I've ever had up to this point has been a hit and a miss, either it tasted like plastic/ latex or it gunks my coils so badly that it doesn't seem worth it. But I found the only chocolate that is amazing and doesn't gunk coils, its none other than Chocolate Whip.

My first surprise was how clear the eliquid was, I bought it in 3mg and it was still crystal clear. This is definitely not a coil gunker and it definitely doesn't taste like plastic, its tastes amazing, once you have had it, I guarantee that this will be bought every time you go to pick up juice, hell it will probably be all you buy.

Taste:
It tastes just like nesquick, these were my first thoughts. I buy chocolate nesquick every month, naturally I paired this up with Chocolate Whip and it tasted exactly like a full glass of chocolate nesquick with full cream milk and a touch of whipped cream. You get this rich creamy chocolate throughout the vape layered on a perfect milk and cream back note. Often I get a lot of off/sour notes from cream, but not this time, for once I have tasted the perfect cream base for eliquid; The cream base is amazing and the chocolate flavour is unlike anything I've ever tasted, it's so chocolaty without being sickly, the balance is perfect for this one. I have had Golden Ticket, Ninja Man and Choco Cow, all international juice but Chocolate Whip is miles better and is easily my number 1 eliquid to date. Mr Hardwicks has hit it out of the ball park with Chocolate Whip.

Vape Experience:
This is one of the most addicting eliquids I have ever vaped. I had to stop myself a few times, because I was well on track to finish this juice the same day I got it. I was rotating between different eliquids and Chocolate Whip was the eliquid, I kept coming back to, this has easily become my ADV. I got this really dense thick mouth feel and vape from it and it never felt lacking in any areas. One of the biggest selling points is, my wicks were still clear and there was absolutely no sign of gunking on my coils. I easily went through 30ml in two days and could easily go through litres of this juice. I never got tired of Chocolate Whip, I don't need any other eliquid, this is easily the only one I will ever need to buy. If the Zombie rising starts, I will be driving to every vape shop to grab this.

Presentation:
What can I say that hasn't been said before, Mr Hardwicks knows about branding, the presentation is perfect, the artwork is fantastic. The style of the labels is awesome and one of my favourite designs out there. I love the vintage pin up style look and I love that the labels are vinyl. I am so happy about the amber glasses and the child proof caps, this is often over looked as a selling point, but the amber keeps the liquid fresh and the child proof caps are a really big selling point for parents.

Final Thoughts:
This was one of the most risky profiles to release, because of all the bad press that chocolate vapes has, but finally somebody has done it right and done it perfectly. I've had ZERO gunking and ZERO bad notes to this eliquid. My last thoughts, can somebody hook this up to an IV, I can finally die happy, this is THE chocolate vape.

Final Score: 10/10
It's perfect, I didn't think you could get perfect till now!

Thanks for sharing your review @DanielSLP
Looking forward to trying this one!

Company: Mr. Hardwick's Premium Eliquid
Product Name: Smackaroon
Product Image:
smack_large.png

Reviewer:Vitblitz from KZN

Mod: Vaporesso Tarot Nano
Watts/Volts: 40w

Atomiser: Veco tank 22mm
Coil Resistance: Eco coil 0.42
Wicking Material:traditional

Strength: 3MG
Blend: 70VG/30PG
Price: R150 per 32ml

Website blurb:

French almond cookie (macaroon)
Delectable sweet & tart raspberry apple filling.
Sprinkled with icing sugar.

Reviewer Notes:

The packaging is definitely eye catching and has a premium feel. Its a brown glass UV resistant bottle 32ml, with a high quality label compared to other local companies. long Glass pipette handy for the last bit of the juice.

As you open the bottle you can smell the sweet raspberry tones, uncut by apple, the nuttiness of the almond comes through on the exhale. Def getting 3 different flavours coming out at different times with this juice....mouth watering.

I can vape this all day long, smooth taste with sweet lips.

Similar to: Mr Harwicks Blueberry Smakaroon

Avoid if: you don't like baked goods, moderately sweet.

5) holy freaking nom batman : this is super nom

Last edited:
Thanks for your review @Vitblitz
And welcome to the forum ;-)

DDD is my absolute favourite Mr. Hardwicks juice. This past weekend, at the Vape Meet, I had the chance to try out God Milk. My, oh my!!!!! It is incredible. After Choc Whip was released, I was hoping for a strawberry milkshake equivalent. Looks like God Milk is here to stay and is an easy ADV.

ZOOB, is also great - Zoo Biscuits are amazing and now a juice flavour? Mr. Hardwicks... Keep doing what you do! Your juice range are by far my favourite.

I've been vaping for a few years now, last week my wife asked me what was the best part of vaping, I smiled and replied "Debbie does doughnuts :)"

Have never tasted a better chocolate milk flavour than the MR Hardwicks one , @method1 knows what's cracking !

Has anyone tried Hardwicks new watermelon candy, I think its called. I would like to know your guys' thoughts.

Back