MTL device for wifey to give up stinkies?

herb1

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey peeps,

Wifey has decided that she wanna kick the stinkies, so...

...i'm looking for a nice MTL device for her - I have a Drag and a Lux but they're both DTL setups & she duzn't like them.

the MTL device would need to utilise nic salts and have some sort of either cheap coil or rebuildable one.

Recommendations?

Thanks Resistance but don't worry about the confusing herb1 part, wifey decides on her own, whatever the cost.
It has to be her commitment, not my decision.

I just want her to stop smoking - I'm really liking the Twisp Cue or Aspire 2 for those purposes.

I have a backup Luxotic with tobinho - I'll just chuck a 0.2ohm coil in for MTL & get sum 6mg juice (as a backup).

But thanks for all the advice, guys

WOAH slow down there bud , 0.2ohm coil is waaaaaay too low for MTL .....
You want something like a 0.8-1.0ohm and up for MTL especially if you going to use nic salts .....

Thanks Resistance but don't worry about the confusing herb1 part, wifey decides on her own, whatever the cost.
It has to be her commitment, not my decision.

I just want her to stop smoking - I'm really liking the Twisp Cue or Aspire 2 for those purposes.

I have a backup Luxotic with tobinho - I'll just chuck a 0.2ohm coil in for MTL & get sum 6mg juice (as a backup).

But thanks for all the advice, guys
The CUE or the Breeze 2 are both good options.

Pros for the CUE:
-Twisp store are available all across SA.
- Minimum effort is required. Put in a new pod and vape away.
- High nicotine strength which means it will satisfy the cravings.
- Really nice draw which mimics that of a cigarette
- Can try it out before you buy it.

Cons for the CUE:
- Non-adjustable airflow.
- Leaky pods are not impossible to get.
- Only 1 nicotine strength available so you can't go to lower strengths.
- Costly to use especially if you vape a lot. (1 pod with 2ml juice = R45 (multiply by 15 = R675); a 30ml of nicotine salt Eliquid cost R200 or R300 for 2 (BLVK Unicorn International Eliquid at Vape Shop)
- Restricted to Twisp's range only so you can't try out other flavors.
- 350mAh Battery.

Pro's for the Breeze 2:
- Adjustable Airflow; You can match it to your preference.
- Different coil options available.
- Refillable.
- Cheaper to use. Even cheaper if you use high strength juice from Vapour Mountain. R375 for 100ml of juice (Any strength and ratio you want)
- No restrictions to what juice you can use.
- Available at many Vape Shops.
- 1000mAh Battery

Cons For the breeze 2:
- Can't try before you buy it.

@Faiyaz Cheulkar @Daniel What cons did miss on the Breeze 2?

Twisp cue hard to find second hand
breeze 2 long term coil/pods cost...everybody is selling theres??? why???
Good try though.
still the choice of the person that's going to use it.

WOAH slow down there bud , 0.2ohm coil is waaaaaay too low for MTL .....
You want something like a 0.8-1.0ohm and up for MTL especially if you going to use nic salts .....
the build is for the tobinho and not using nic salts

J626.gif

If I may give my 5 cents as well. My husband is a full on vaper now for about 4 months, I bought myself the Vaporesso Swag last month but didnt help much to get off the stinkies.

Over the weekend I bought a Joyetech Exceed Edge pod system and I must say its really helping me at this stage but its just my opinion and like you said the
decision will be made by your wife..

Nothing makes the stinkies crawl back faster than getting "gatvol" of a certain taste.

I would suggest maybe a 20mg nic salt as a start and an extra pod for an extra flavour. As the kit includes a spare coil. Pods are refillable and the coils are really not that expensive to replace. A coil itself should last about a month.

Hope it helps:)

http://www.joyetech.com/product/exceed-edge/

If I may give my 5 cents as well. My husband is a full on vaper now for about 4 months, I bought myself the Vaporesso Swag last month but didnt help much to get off the stinkies.

Over the weekend I bought a Joyetech Exceed Edge pod system and I must say its really helping me at this stage but its just my opinion and like you said the
decision will be made by your wife..

Nothing makes the stinkies crawl back faster than getting "gatvol" of a certain taste.

I would suggest maybe a 20mg nic salt as a start and an extra pod for an extra flavour. As the kit includes a spare coil. Pods are refillable and the coils are really not that expensive to replace. A coil itself should last about a month.

Hope it helps:)

http://www.joyetech.com/product/exceed-edge/

Ah forgot about this one , actually have one you can have @herb1 you coming to VapeCon ?

There are some regulated device kits that are great for starters and can hold someones interest more and if they then feel they wan't to move to DL can do so by just getting a new tank instead of whole new set-up. The Kroma-A with Zennith from Innokin would be ideal for a starter.

Nope, bru - I'm in CT, enjoying the local Vapecon specials here but thanks for the offer
No worries bru if you pay the shipping will be happy to send it just to be clear @herb1 never once asked for a handout but this is what community is about and if we can help his wifey quit the stinkies that's a win for all....

No worries bru if you pay the shipping will be happy to send it just to be clear @herb1 never once asked for a handout but this is what community is about and if we can help his wifey quit the stinkies that's a win for all....
Thanks Daniel, I'll be in contact...I'm chuffed...man tear moment:blush::dancing:

Tried out my buddy's MiniFit - the most oulike mondfluitjie pod device ever
hits like a train, even at 18mg:GODZILLA:

@herb1 -The Twisp CUE did the trick for my wife. She has since moved on to a different setup, but the CUE is the reason she isn't smoking anymore.
That's amazing news. We're happy to hear that the Cue worked for your wife. It's amazing to hear that our products could assist someone to make such a positive change.

That's amazing news. We're happy to hear that the Cue worked for your wife. It's amazing to hear that our products could assist someone to make such a positive change.
@Twisp - You can add 2 more as well. Her friend and friend's husband quit smoking too after we gave 2 of our cue devices to them (wife wanted to move on to a DL device)

Actually, add another 1 as I gave my CUE to my cousin's girlfriend and she hasn't gone back to stinkies either.

Last edited:
@Twisp - You can add 2 more as well. Her friend and friend's husband quit smoking too after we gave 2 of our cue devices to them (wife wanted to move on to a DL device)

Actually, add another 1 as I gave my CUE to my cousin's girlfriend and she hasn't gone back to stinkies either.
That's incredible. Thanks for the awesome feedback! That's exactly what the Cue was intended for. Thank you! :party:

Come @Twisp why not hook @herb1 up with a kit ? :)

I'm sending him an Exceed for the time being but honestly think the Cue is better for quitting the stinkies .....

Shameless plug of my review of the Cue as well , go check it out if you want an honest no BS proudly South African take :

Someone's forgotten about me...:worried::nerd::confundio:

I haven't bud , like I said over WA last week just didn't work out will make a plan this week bud ... CALM DOWN and Vape on :)

Otherwise if you can't wait , many suggested the Twisp Cue they running promo at the moment 25% off ..... ;)

So I also tried getting my wife off the stinkies. First time around I got her a Vaporesso Swag with 6mg nic DL setup. She used it once or twice a week, maybe, enjoying the flavours, but did not do much in terms of getting her off the stinkies. I have a Berserker MTL RTA which I wanted to give to her thinking that she will be able to do MTL with it, which is a more cigarette type of vaping, but this did not work either. Reason being is I ended up needing to replace coils and rewick for her the whole time when she wanted to change flavours or if the wick needs replacing due to flavour depreciation. Problem there is if this happened while she was at work, she'd just put it down and move to a cig. Also, she did not take to it all that much, too big and bulky.

The first true change over happened when I got her a Suorin Drop. She loved it. Small, does MTL and flavour was great. Her cigarette intake dropped by almost half, I was elated. Then I wanted to get myself a Drop but saw the shop I was at had the Suorin Air on special, so I got that. Showed it to her that night, lost it to her that same night. Better air flow, better flavour and she's now down to about 1-2 ciggs a day where she was a 35-40 a day smoker. She now has 3 Suorin Airs - one at work, one at home and one she carries with her. She also has multiple pods with various flavours so she can swap between them as she likes. The Suorin Air, and Drop, have refillable pods so it saves a bit there as well.

So I also tried getting my wife off the stinkies. First time around I got her a Vaporesso Swag with 6mg nic DL setup. She used it once or twice a week, maybe, enjoying the flavours, but did not do much in terms of getting her off the stinkies. I have a Berserker MTL RTA which I wanted to give to her thinking that she will be able to do MTL with it, which is a more cigarette type of vaping, but this did not work either. Reason being is I ended up needing to replace coils and rewick for her the whole time when she wanted to change flavours or if the wick needs replacing due to flavour depreciation. Problem there is if this happened while she was at work, she'd just put it down and move to a cig. Also, she did not take to it all that much, too big and bulky.

The first true change over happened when I got her a Suorin Drop. She loved it. Small, does MTL and flavour was great. Her cigarette intake dropped by almost half, I was elated. Then I wanted to get myself a Drop but saw the shop I was at had the Suorin Air on special, so I got that. Showed it to her that night, lost it to her that same night. Better air flow, better flavour and she's now down to about 1-2 ciggs a day where she was a 35-40 a day smoker. She now has 3 Suorin Airs - one at work, one at home and one she carries with her. She also has multiple pods with various flavours so she can swap between them as she likes. The Suorin Air, and Drop, have refillable pods so it saves a bit there as well.
Awesome to hear! We are rooting for her all the way.

Back