MTL Nic Salts in DTL Vaporesso / Hellvape Tank

T666

Tenacious Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi All,

Newbie here for Nic Salts...

i am using a Vuse 5%, but am wanting to experience the refillable devices.

i have a VGOD and Vaporesso Box Mod as well that i used to smoke DTL with rebuildable coils etc...

question is: can i use Salt Nic or what goes into the Vuse in my Vaporesso or VGOD if i lower the wattage?

Hi All,

Newbie here for Nic Salts...

i am using a Vuse 5%, but am wanting to experience the refillable devices.

i have a VGOD and Vaporesso Box Mod as well that i used to smoke DTL with rebuildable coils etc...

question is: can i use Salt Nic or what goes into the Vuse in my Vaporesso or VGOD if i lower the wattage?
The answer to whether you can use it in your rebuildable Vaperesso and or VGOD atty is yes, however just because you can doesn't mean you should, or that it's safe to do so :rolleyes:

Nicotine Salts sublimate when heated, meaning they pass directly from solid to gas, worse still, when one heats benzoic acid in solution, it also decarboxylates, losing CO2 and yielding benzene, which is a known carcinogenic, and responsible for various other COPD's to boot ... I'd recommend rather using a Freebase Nicotine eLiquid, (unless you're partial to inhaling benzene and carbon dioxide).

The saga gets worse as you bump up the temperature of Nicotine Salts, to which the, (untested and unproven safe), limit adopted by vape purveyors, is not a temperature, (which it should be), but rather a power level of less than 10 watts? :oops:, which they derived by popping a 1.5 Ohm or greater atomizer coil across a 3.7Volt Li Ion battery at their price point, to provide under 10 Watts of Atomizer power, (which I'd hazard a guess had more to do with battery longevity as apposed YOUR life), and ... as they defined the safety measure that they now measure themselves against, they're free to declare them safe ... Because they said so dammit!
Going back to your original question ... clearly you'd be above this questionable "safe limit" temperature in a rebuildable!

#DoesMyDislikeOfDisposablesAndNicsaltsShow

The answer to whether you can use it in your rebuildable Vaperesso and or VGOD atty is yes, however just because you can doesn't mean you should, or that it's safe to do so :rolleyes:

Nicotine Salts sublimate when heated, meaning they pass directly from solid to gas, worse still, when one heats benzoic acid in solution, it also decarboxylates, losing CO2 and yielding benzene, which is a known carcinogenic, and responsible for various other COPD's to boot ... I'd recommend rather using a Freebase Nicotine eLiquid, (unless you're partial to inhaling benzene and carbon dioxide).

The saga gets worse as you bump up the temperature of Nicotine Salts, to which the, (untested and unproven safe), limit adopted by vape purveyors, is not a temperature, (which it should be), but rather a power level of less than 10 watts? :oops:, which they derived by popping a 1.5 Ohm or greater atomizer coil across a 3.7Volt Li Ion battery at their price point, to provide under 10 Watts of Atomizer power, (which I'd hazard a guess had more to do with battery longevity as apposed YOUR life), and ... as they defined the safety measure that they now measure themselves against, they're free to declare them safe ... Because they said so dammit!
Going back to your original question ... clearly you'd be above this questionable "safe limit" temperature in a rebuildable!

Thanks so much. So I take that as a no . So would freebase nicotine be the normal liquid that everyone was using 5 years ago? Sorry it’s been a long time since I’ve vaped…

What device would you suggest for MTL salt nic?

Thanks so much. So I take that as a no . So would freebase nicotine be the normal liquid that everyone was using 5 years ago? Sorry it’s been a long time since I’ve vaped…

What device would you suggest for MTL salt nic?
Have a read on this thread -> https://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/as-i-see-it.79131/ it should answer your first question.
As to your second question; If after reading the aforementioned post you still wish to go the salts route, then I would think a refillable pod would probably be your best bet, to which I'm sure one of the members aufait with them can chime in ;)

IMG_9192.gif

4806614.jpg

ok - i got all y'all :)

Next question - what brands offer 12mg freebase?

im only seeing and currently vaping 6mg TKO juice DTL - is there a 12mg DTL?

would it be possible to convert a DTL to MTL by changing the drip tip?
Yes and no and then yes again, depending on what you want to do. First check the airflow. Close as you see fit.
If it's suitable for your drawing needs then next step is a MTL coil and yes you can vape MTL on a dl coil, but it takes a lot of effort setting up the tank.
So a coil resistance from. 5ohm up to 2 ohm is good.
I vape 24 gage, but the issue with a thicker wire is the coil stay hotter for longer and that might tend to burn through the cotton. One thing you can do is stop pressing the fire button halfway through the Drag and still drawing on the tank so that the coil cools off in the process prolonging cotton life. Other that that it's trial and error, but it's certainly possible to vape MTL off a DL tank and much harder to get DL off an MTL tank resulting in a restricted DL vape.
Good luck!!!

You mean a DL tank with large airflow but stick a narrow drip tip on there not really! I mean you can but the tank in what ID and size coils will fit, airflow etc is so optimised for DL it would be a crappy MTL vape as you would need to close the airflow down and reduce the wattage too much to suit the coil etc. Certainly with tanks that are RDL but with closing the airflow down give a decent loose MTL, that MTL vape can be improved with a longer narrow drip tip but I think you mean't more DL.

You mean a DL tank with large airflow but stick a narrow drip tip on there not really! I mean you can but the tank in what ID and size coils will fit, airflow etc is so optimised for DL it would be a crappy MTL vape as you would need to close the airflow down and reduce the wattage too much to suit the coil etc. Certainly with tanks that are RDL but with closing the airflow down give a decent loose MTL, that MTL vape can be improved with a longer narrow drip tip but I think you mean't more DL.

If his bottom airflow closes off and the draw. Is OK then it could work. I did it with a Zeus and only changed the coil to a better suited MTL coil.
I melted my driptip off one of my Galaxies and still MTL /RDL off a wider bore 510 driptip. 16964427515671883720566175767760.jpg

Please keep your wattage under very low like 10-15w
I MTL 95% of the time but at around 20w, old school MTL would be 10-15w with loose MTL or even below 10w with a tight MTL but most using RTA's use sub-ohm MTL coils, me personally I wrap between 0. 4 to 0.5ohm and get the best MTL experience I have ever had but everyone is different.

Last edited:
If his bottom airflow closes off and the draw. Is OK then it could work. I did it with a Zeus and only changed the coil to a better suited MTL coil.
I melted my driptip off one of my Galaxies and still MTL /RDL off a wider bore 510 driptip. View attachment 277778
Yes but I would put the Zeus like the Serpent for example in that RDL category I mentioned., it's not a full on DL tank as even fully open there is some restriction so I would fully agree with you.

I melted my driptip off one of my Galaxies and still MTL /RDL off a wider bore 510 driptip. View attachment 277778
That actually looks like the 510 option that came with the Zeus, if not I used a very similar drip tip with mine with the 510 adapter fitted, found it great for RDL but personally I wouldn't enjoy a MTL vape with that tip, I prefer much narrower but that's vaping not one size fits all!

I MTL 95% of the time but at around 20w, old school MTL would be 10-15w with loose MTL or even below 10w with a tight MTL but most using RTA's use sub-ohm MTL coils, me personally I wrap between 0. 4 to 0.5ohm and get the best MTL experience I have ever had but everyone is different.
RDL and MTL mostly, took out the Zeus in the week and off again due to my juice running low. Had a high ohming coil in there but consumption was still a bit. More than the Galaxies.
Currently running a 0.71 but usually my go to is around 0.5ohm16964438860637984361391671019681.jpg

That actually looks like the 510 option that came with the Zeus, if not I used a very similar drip tip with mine with the 510 adapter fitted, found it great for RDL but personally I wouldn't enjoy a MTL vape with that tip, I prefer much narrower but that's vaping not one size fits all!
This is the 510 from a Zeus. I'd prefer longer tips but, not Complaining. I might make on by Friday.

Ive changed the drip tip to my old Smok V8 which is a lot longer than the normal 810 that came with the Rebirth.

It seems to give a much more flavoursome hit, but definitely not MTL.

I think i may need to get a MTL tank

RDL / Loose MTL ... kinda ... and with some work ... change the tip, and coils(s), and if possible reduce the chamber volume too.

Like @Resistance, I too have managed to get a Zeus into the infamous "grey zone" between RDL and MTL, but it also involved shifting the air flow 90 degrees, (machining a new inner chamber), and making silicone inserts to reduce the chamber volume ... We all had time on out hands and there was a fair whack of experimentation happening amongst ecigssa members during lockdown ...
Would I suggest doing that now .... naah ... get yourself an atty better suited to the job ;)

Last edited:
Back