MTL Nic Salts in DTL Vaporesso / Hellvape Tank

So, is the 810 the shorter drip tip, and the 510 the longer drip tip?
The 510 drip tip is 8.5mm diameter, and the 810 drip tip 12.5 mm in outer diameter at their base, (where they plug into the atty).
Both 510 and 810 tips come in various outer and inner diameters, and various lengths.

RDL / Loose MTL ... kinda ... and with some work ... change the tip, and coils(s), and if possible reduce the chamber volume too.

Like @Resistance, I too have managed to get a Zeus into the infamous "grey zone" between RDL and MTL, but it also involved shifting the air flow 90 degrees, (machining a new inner chamber), and making silicone inserts to reduce the chamber volume ... We all had time on out hands and there was a fair whack of experimentation happening amongst ecigssa members during lockdown ...
Would I suggest doing that now .... naah ... get yourself an atty better suited to the job ;)
Yeah you are never going to get a great MTL vape unless you use a tank purpose designed unless you go to a lot of trouble, depends really if like I suspect you are a flavour chaser like me, it's perfectly possible as mentioned with appropriate coil positioned optimal best it can be to the airflow, airflow closed down and narrow drip tip to MTL with RTA's like the Zeus or Serpent but with the size of the chamber relative to the size of the coil and airflow no longer totally optimised it isn't going to be a flavour banger by any means, I'm with you. so many quality MTL tanks out there including a fair few which are quite cheap just use a tank designed for the purpose.

So, is the 810 the shorter drip tip, and the 510 the longer drip tip?
As @Intuthu Kagesi says that's the fitting but due to the theory with DL you get better flavour the closer to the build your mouth is 810's tend to be shorter while 510's are more varied. Due to the theory with MTL for best flavour it's more about keeping that vapour condensed (why they have such small chambers) longer narrower drip tips allow for a jet of vapour entering your mouth without any air able to dilute the flavour so the long drip tips you see will almost certainly be 510's!

Last edited:
Yup I agree
RDL / Loose MTL ... kinda ... and with some work ... change the tip, and coils(s), and if possible reduce the chamber volume too.

Like @Resistance, I too have managed to get a Zeus into the infamous "grey zone" between RDL and MTL, but it also involved shifting the air flow 90 degrees, (machining a new inner chamber), and making silicone inserts to reduce the chamber volume ... We all had time on out hands and there was a fair whack of experimentation happening amongst ecigssa members during lockdown ...
Would I suggest doing that now .... naah ... get yourself an atty better suited to the job ;)

It takes some work to get it going good and a lot of experimenting and juice, coil and cotton wastage. Better to get a new or secondhand tank and decide from there what's the next step.

As @Intuthu Kagesi says that's the fitting but due to the theory with DL you get better flavour the closer to the build your mouth is 810's tend to be shorter while 510's are more varied. Due to the theory with MTL for best flavour it's more about keeping that vapour condensed (why they have such small chambers) longer narrower drip tips allow for a jet of vapour entering your mouth without any air able to dilute the flavour so the long drip tips you see will almost certainly be 510's!
I know it may sound crazy... but im finding the longer the tip is (further away from the build ) the more flavour i get. the "shorter" drip tips tend to burn my lips after a while of vaping... lol

I know it may sound crazy... but im finding the longer the tip is (further away from the build ) the more flavour i get. the "shorter" drip tips tend to burn my lips after a while of vaping... lol
There's a LOT more to drip tips than meets the eye ... check out; https://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/drip-tips.77865/
The emulation mentioned above did NOT take into account different vape temperatures nor did it include different vacuum pressures ... and this would have a marked effect on flavour and vapour volume, as vapour would begin falling out of suspension as it cooled and or as the gas velocity decreased.

61Ny4BXDjWL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
As do I not for the burning, but I used to get better flavour that way

I find the same with MTL with a long narrow tip, it's like a jet of intense flavour!

View attachment 277843
As do I not for the burning, but I used to get better flavour that way
With DL I get better flavour with a low profile 810 but used to have to find a happy medium because like @T666 finds I didn't enjoy the heat on my lips so would use a less wide longer drip tip but then flavour suffered, one of the few reasons I went back to almost exclusive MTL vaping!

There's a LOT more to drip tips than meets the eye ... check out; https://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/drip-tips.77865/
The emulation mentioned above did NOT take into account different vape temperatures nor did it include different vacuum pressures ... and this would have a marked effect on flavour and vapour volume, as vapour would begin falling out of suspension as it cooled and or as the gas velocity decreased.
My findings with RTA's is if the drip tip bore is wider than the chimney there is potential for flavour loss, with DL using a lower profile driptip then there is less distance for that to happen.

Last edited:
Back