Drip Tips

Intuthu Kagesi

Proficitis cum eo
LV

Awards
I've been playing around with a Fluid Dynamics Emulation package of recent, and have some interesting observations to share;

If one looks at the first, third and fifth sketches below, one notes a remarkable difference in restricting and expanding the vapour after the chimney, and I wondered how many members had experimented with different drip tips and what their experiences were.
I did not, plot different material types for drip tips, (and this too would have an effect on the vapour), nor did I plot long driptips, (aka the pipe mods tips), however what is fairly obvious in the pics below, is that a short chimney straight into your mouth, would provide the most flow and vapour density, with the final expansion happening in your mouth, (with vapour falling out of suspension), aka, the RDA.

1674931535445.png

100% Drip Tips make a massive difference. Length, bore, taper, material and mouthpiece material all play a part.
Drip Tips 220502 3.jpg

@Intuthu Kagesi am I correct when I say that the best design for an atomiser (to get the best vapour production and flavour) would somehow restrict the airflow on the chimney/driptip rather than on the air intake?
Correct ... According to science, very much so, and it would be a taper, not a step.
I'm interested in peoples anecdotal experiences, as there are some wildcards ... the materials and length of the drip tip as Rob highlit, and the matching of the drip tip inner bore to the chimney, as any step would create vortexes.

Thanks @Intuthu Kagesi
this is so interesting and I appreciate you bringing a bit of “science” back into vsping

for my MTL vapes, I’ve definitely noticed that using a wide bore drip tip (ie constrained intake and wide outlet) leads to less perceived flavour (likely the lower Vapour density as per your diagram)

and ive observed the converse to that.
narrow drip tip leading to more perceived flavour (ie more Vapour density)

I wonder what a concave taper would do? Ie gets thinner in the middle then widens at the end.

I used to think wider was better, but since discovering the Drip Tips by Bill with what he considers MTL with a bore of 4mm, I think this is perfect for me. The bore of the Dvarw DL chimney is 6mm. So 6mm down to 4mm is spot on for me!
Drip Tips 220502 9.jpg

I wonder what a concave taper would do? Ie gets thinner in the middle then widens at the end.

The Aleader 510 driptips are small at the bottom and "funnels" bigger to the top. Comes with flavor loss compared to a driptip that is same ID all the way through.

For 510 DL I prefer a driptip that has the same bore from bottom to top compared to the ones that opens up to the top.

Thanks @Intuthu Kagesi
this is so interesting and I appreciate you bringing a bit of “science” back into vsping

for my MTL vapes, I’ve definitely noticed that using a wide bore drip tip (ie constrained intake and wide outlet) leads to less perceived flavour (likely the lower Vapour density as per your diagram)

and ive observed the converse to that.
narrow drip tip leading to more perceived flavour (ie more Vapour density)

Your comment is exactly why I posted the findings ... science is great aaaaaand ... we all have our preferences, and will interpret our experiences based on our preferences ...
As to the concave drip tip idea ... interesting concept ... it would be a venturi, and it would definitely pull any juice / condensation within that venturi back into suspension, and ... it's material and length would have a marked effect ... kwessie is ... would you like it?

Always liked a longer driptip on DL, MTL and RDL.
Seems to be more flavourful in my opinion

What's your preference?

View attachment 269096
My all time favourite drip tips for MTL use are the ones that come with the Berserker RTAs. Specifically the 2 below. Very narrow bore, and long enough that I'm not kissing the RTA.
aa35e28c942153a4c64a929e858f1386.jpg

My all time favourite drip tips for MTL use are the ones that come with the Berserker RTAs. Specifically the 2 below. Very narrow bore, and long enough that I'm not kissing the RTA.
Side note. If anyone has spares of these, I'd be happy to buy them off you. I haven't been able to find a place where one can buy them separately from the RTA.

Last edited:
Does the inner diameter on these tips match the chimney? and;
What is the inner diameter? and;
Is it straight or tapered internally? and;
How tall are they?

very interesting read, ill play around with this a bit to see where my sweet spot would be, at this moment in time im using 4mm striaght

Does the inner diameter on these tips match the chimney? and;
What is the inner diameter? and;
Is it straight or tapered internally? and;
How tall are they?
The bore is about the same as the chimney on the Berserker, around 3mm, it looks like to me. And they're straight internally. 20mm and 25mm tall.

The bore is about the same as the chimney on the Berserker, around 3mm, it looks like to me. And they're straight internally. 20mm and 25mm tall.
Conductive heat loss through the wall of a cylinder or pipe can be expressed as;
Q = 2 π L (ti - to) / [ln(ro / ri) / k]
where
Q = heat transfer from drip tip (W, Btu/hr)
k = thermal conductivity of piping material (W/m C) Polyethylene high density, PEH assumed? (0.42 - 0.51)
L = length of cylinder or pipe
π = pi = 3.14...
to = temperature outside pipe or cylinder
ti = temperature inside pipe or cylinder
ln = the natural logarithm (-1 for purposes of this calculation)
ro = cylinder or pipe outside radius
ri = cylinder or pipe inside radius

Additional assumptions:
PG Boiling Temp = 188.2 C
VG Boiling Temp = 290 C
Ambient Air Temp = 25 C
Human Body Temp 37.2

If we turn Q into a constant and solve for L using the assumptions above, we get a number as close as dammit to 6.25, so your 3mm drip tip is pretty close to a "theoretical ideal" as 3 * 6.25 = 18.75mm (Chimney and tip length inclusive, albeit that the chimney portion is a different material) ;)

All Day Vapes have a few options for you ;)
The Brunhilde MTL RTA is 19.5 mm tall with an ID of 3.1mm
and;
The Thunderhead Creations Tauren Lite, which is 22mm tall
I'm unsure of the dimensions of the others they stock :rolleyes:

1675401528503.png

1675395721695.png

The seemingly impossible ... Dual 5 wrap 26G SS coils at 18Watts ... Airflow wide open and a restricted 510 tip tapering from the Zeus Chimney to a 4mm ID :inlove:

1676037789614.png
1676039784733.png

Last edited:
Anything interesting on the length of the drip tips. I just seem to read about the bore size and form

Must of tried hundreds of different tips and without doubt get the most flavoursome vape when using tips like these for MTL!

IMG_4483.JPGIMG_4387.JPG

Last edited:
For RDL something like this which will be a similar height and pretty much identical bore to the ones @Rob Fisher gets from Germany, just different cosmetically!

IMG_4253.JPG

Jip, straight bore (not tapered) gives better flavor, especially on MTL and RDL. For DL there is not much difference on a straight or small to big tip.

Back