Drip Tips

Jip, straight bore (not tapered) gives better flavor, especially on MTL and RDL. For DL there is not much difference on a straight or small to big tip.
Most MTL tips that look tapered like my second photo is just the outer design, they nearly always have got a straight bore.

My all time favourite drip tips for MTL use are the ones that come with the Berserker RTAs. Specifically the 2 below. Very narrow bore, and long enough that I'm not kissing the RTA.
aa35e28c942153a4c64a929e858f1386.jpg
These have a nice narrow bore and for a cheaper material really stay nice and cool so very comfortable on the lips!

Most MTL tips that look tapered like my second photo is just the outer design, they nearly always have got a straight bore.

I purposely used clear acrylic when making this test drip tip, so that I could see where the tapers started / ended whilst drilling with a taper bore

1696684379037.png

But is it really giving a decent vape? All this above doesn't interest me I worked in an industry were just about every S.O.P based on theory was ripped up and re-written based on practical realities, I have never got more than a very weak vape with even a single coil at 2.1V I imagine with all that work and that drip tip you can actually do MTL but would you pay for that vape really?

If this had been done with a single coil RDL tank like the original Zeus or Serpent Elevate for example then the coil could be fired at the same wattage you would fire it for a loose MTL in a purpose designed MTL tank.

Last edited:
Sorry to tell you this, but science trumps broscience EVERY TIME!

In this example, I had a look at what I LIKED as a vape. I then mapped the heat output and coil surface area against the chamber volume of a ZEUS compared to an MD, and came up with the heat requirement above ... I went further and mapped the air velocity between the two, and ... Let me reiterate ... this is based on MY vape preferences and MY draw vacuum, and the cooling effect thereof ... Let me add that it wasn't a bad vape by any means, remembering that the test had more to do with drip tips and their effects than on converting a DL tank per se, (albeit that it did a spur further experimentation on the Zeus), and I was curious about vapers preferences to which my post reflects; "I'm interested in peoples anecdotal experiences, as there are some wildcards ... the materials and length of the drip tip as Rob highlit, and the matching of the drip tip inner bore to the chimney, as any step would create vortexes."

Had you commented 9 months ago when I did the test, I could have gladly provided all the test data, however, as it's hardly the subject for a research paper, have long since flushed it, and now you'll have to undergo the test yourself, (adjusting for your own preferences and the chamber / chimney volumes of whatever tank you chose to test with), and ... I'd certainly love to see your test results. :)

Sorry to tell you this, but science trumps broscience EVERY TIME!
Lol, we will have to agree to disagree mate, what happened to the ice age all the scientists said we would be heading for, oh yes it turned out to be global warming! :monoloco:

Back