Muted flavour with Ammit MTL RTA

Got the RTA up for sale so if I don't come right then hopefully I can get it sold.

I use SS 26g round wire on mine, spaced and 3mm ID. Not sure how many wraps currently sitting at 0.38 and vaping at 13w.

I was going insane trying to get the Ammit MTL to work with all sorts of fancy coils till I just tried basic round as a last resort and it suddenly started working. I have my coil lower than yours, tried to get it center between all airflows.

I use SS 26g round wire on mine, spaced and 3mm ID. Not sure how many wraps currently sitting at 0.38 and vaping at 13w.

I was going insane trying to get the Ammit MTL to work with all sorts of fancy coils till I just tried basic round as a last resort and it suddenly started working. I have my coil lower than yours, tried to get it center between all airflows.

Thanks for the response.

Can you maybe send me pics of your coil placement and how you have wicked it?

How long the wick must be, how thick etc.

Thanks

Using MTL coil from Crafted Coils and damn the flavor is good. These are hand crafted .. VV is mass produced

Thanks for the response.

Can you maybe send me pics of your coil placement and how you have wicked it?

How long the wick must be, how thick etc.

Thanks

I'll try send some tonight, for the wick it is tight enough in the coil so I have to use a nail on the edge to not distort it then I cut it angled from the inside barrel out so the ends are like \ --- /, I'll take the short ends at the bottom and feed them into the wicking hole and when I start feeling resistance cut off whatever is left.

What worked for me @adriaanh was kanthal a1 wire 26 gauge, 7 wraps ,3 mm ID hitting 1 ohm. Give it a try
View attachment 191131
View attachment 191132

Yeah i was about to suggest just regular round wire, i found that i get the best flavour out of that type of setup instead of clapton's and the more complex type coils, this works on most of the MTL atties i've had especially the ammit, i found the ammit also prefers to use 2.5mm ID coils instead of 3 mm ID, was one of my favorite mtl atties i owned but i have actually stopped MTL vaping because i want to use less nic so i pretty much only do restricted DL vaping these days and every now and then some wide open cloud chasing.

Back