MVP and KangerTech 0.8ohm coils?

Officially the MVP and SVD will go as low as 1.2 ohm but there are numerous reports of them both firing as low as 0.8, this may vary from device to device but you should be safe. Maybe get one coil to try. My all 3 of my SVD's will fire 0.8 but not lower.

edit: The mod doesn't care what brand of coil is on it, it only cares about it's resistance.

Last edited:
Think I'm going to try then.

I struggled as all heck with building an EVOD coil - kept getting 0.00 reading and it wouldn't fire. So I'm thinking maybe I just need to keep buying coils :/

Think I'm going to try then.

I struggled as all heck with building an EVOD coil - kept getting 0.00 reading and it wouldn't fire. So I'm thinking maybe I just need to keep buying coils :/
Not 100% sure about the MVP as I don't use one but from what I can tell they use basically the same circuitry as the SVD. Mine will display resistance down to 0.5, if the coil has a lower resistance than that it will display 0.0R. So your coil may not have a high enough resistance or you've got a short somewhere.

edit: Just to clarify, it will display down to 0.5R but won't necessarily fire it, if you try it will display 0.0R and the fire button will light up red for a few seconds.

Not 100% sure about the MVP as I don't use one but from what I can tell they use basically the same circuitry as the SVD. Mine will display resistance down to 0.5, if the coil has a lower resistance than that it will display 0.0R. So your coil may not have a high enough resistance or you've got a short somewhere.

Oooh right.
Then the problem was it was wide already, if I wrapped any more it would touch the sides. So must I just get thinner wire next time?

Thanks for the info!

Oooh right.
Then the problem was it was wide already, if I wrapped any more it would touch the sides. So must I just get thinner wire next time?

Thanks for the info!
Probably yes, or increasing the inner diameter using the same amount of wraps will give you a higher resistance also. What gauge of wire are you using, and what ID? I'm assuming you're using Kanthal?

Was it 0.00 or NON when checking on the MVP ? The positive pin on the MVPs 510 connector is sometimes a bit low for the standard EVODs, and you have to fiddle with the coil's bottom pin to get it firing by just lifting it out slightly so it makes contact.

The 0.8 ohm coils might be a bit low for the MVP and might just lead to some serious frustration.
I 'fixed' one of my old style mPT3 dual coils and it ended up quite low at 0.8 ohms. My dang MVP would only fire it some of the time where it worked OK on the Twisp battery.

I'm using 28g kanthal.

Is the ID the diameter/circumference? Because I'm not sure. I have a couple of those small screwdrivers used for PC's but they're not marked and I don't have a tool to measure it.

So you saying I might need to use a bigger one then?

Was it 0.00 or NON when checking on the MVP ? The positive pin on the MVPs 510 connector is sometimes a bit low for the standard EVODs, and you have to fiddle with the coil's bottom pin to get it firing by just lifting it out slightly so it makes contact.

The 0.8 ohm coils might be a bit low for the MVP and might just lead to some serious frustration.
I 'fixed' one of my old style mPT3 dual coils and it ended up quite low at 0.8 ohms. My dang MVP would only fire it some of the time where it worked OK on the Twisp battery.

It was 0.0. Then I put the coil on the Spinner to check there, and it wouldn't fire, the fire light just kept flashing.

I just tried the 0.8 kanger coil in an Aerotank Mega on my MVP, it reads it fine, (reads as 0.8), but wont fire.

Interestingly enough the same clearo with the same coil fires all the way from 3.5V to 5.0V on the Innokin CLK 1280 variable voltage battery.
5.0V produces far too warm a vape for my taste though, 4.0V much better.

Back