My luck with mods

Adephi

Who farted?
LV

Awards
So today I had another misfortune with my mods. Might as well start a thread for these occasions.

In my rush to get to work this evening (as if working night shift on a Saturday isn't bad enough) I dropped my Hotcig RSQ by accident. Quickly pressed the fire button (while uttering words that will make an Ausie cricket player blush) and screen comes on so I thought all is good.

As I drove off took a toot and nothing. Checked the screen and it says "Ohms too low".

When I got to work I started investigating. 510 pin seems fine. Still going up and down. Obvious scuff marks from the drop that I will have to live with. But no other damage. Replaced the battery and tried another atty but still the same.

So it seems like the board is still working and doing what it should. But there might be a wire loose and causing a short somewhere.

Anybody got experience in opening these mods? The warranty most like is void now after the drop. So I might as well try to DIY it back to life.

I also mailed the vendor to find out if they can help so will see if they get back to me.

Last edited:
So today I had another misfortune with my mods. Might as well start a thread for these occasions.

In my rush to get to work this evening (as if working night shift on a Saturday isn't bad enough) I dropped my Hotcig RSQ by accident. Quickly pressed the fire button (while uttering words that will make an Ausie cricket player blush) and screen comes on so I thought all is good.

As I drove off took a toot and nothing. Checked the screen and it says "Ohms too low".

When I got to work I started investigating. 510 pin seems fine. Still going up and down. Obvious scuff marks from the drop that I will have to live with. But no other damage. Replaced the battery and tried another atty but still the same.

So it seems like the board is still working and doing what it should. But there might be a wire loose and causing a short somewhere.

Anybody got experience in opening these mods? The warranty most like is void now after the drop. So I might as well try to DIY it back to life.

I also mailed the vendor to find out if they can help so will see if they get back to me.

so sorry to hear, dreading the day it happens to me, I hope you come right

Sorry to hear. Hate it when a Mod drops.

Before opening her up check your atty, maybe post screws loose or 510 pin bent.

Maybe try another atty first and see if its working.

Sorry to hear this. Check another atty as suggested by @Clouds4Days . If it doesn't fix, seems like a problem with the 510 connection.

I did check with another atty. And gave the same problem. The 510 connection still looks fine. The pin go up and down as it should and nothing is loose or bent.

Time to open it up then, nothing to lose. Usually the circuit is connected to the 510 with a flexible wire that creates such problems. This video might help.

Sorry to hear this @Adephi!!!

Nothing worse!!!!

You say another atty also says atomizer short? I think a connection on the board might have come loose if I had to guess.

Sorry to hear @Adephi
Hope you can get it fixed

Thanks guys.

Still very cross at myself. I mean I have never as much as scratched a cellphone screen but a mod gets 1 drop and its out.

Got my first vape out, Eleaf Ikuun i80 incase my autistic Billet Box acts up again. So I should be sorted. Just commercial coils really suck if you are use to the real thing.

The thing is the RSQ was a backup for the BB. But became a daily driver in the process. Now Im looking for a backup for my backup. Such is vaping.

With such bad luck, maybe consider a Aegis as a backup?

Today went to fetch my wife and kids from school.

Got back and discovered the dog got on the kitchen counter and pulled some stuff off. Including my Ikuun mod. Tank glass in 100 pieces.

So im down to my bb and my Eleaf Ikuun with the Hady dripper.

It never rains, it pours.

Just praying my BB dont drop me now.

Today went to fetch my wife and kids from school.

Got back and discovered the dog got on the kitchen counter and pulled some stuff off. Including my Ikuun mod. Tank glass in 100 pieces.

So im down to my bb and my Eleaf Ikuun with the Hady dripper.

It never rains, it pours.

Just praying my BB dont drop me now.
So about that Reo?! ... :p

Sorry dude, that is really bad luck with gear for you lately :(

Went today to get the Pico Squeeze from Vape King's sale. Nice little mod. But nowhere near as awesome as the RSQ. And the Hady is a tight squeeze on it.

Will just have to last me until I can get enough cash to either fix or get a new RSQ or if the Vandy Vape reg squonkers land soon.. At least the RSQs are not too expensive.

I had a some what similar problem with my ipv vesta ( the sales people are very good at convincing someone to buy something)

Dropped it a week after getting it... the chip and everything was fine but the battery door was wonky but still worked good. Fast forward a month , the ohms kept jumping ( apparently this is supposed to happen according to the vendor) , then even more problems!

If i screwed the atomizer down all the way, it would say ohms too low, then all of a sudden it started getting as hot as a karoo summer, flipped out the batteries, the smell of burning plastic quickly filled the room, smoke coming out of it... so a tip to anybody that has the ipv vesta, the 510pin and the positive side of the battery housing has a small, very small gap, so if your atty has a long 510 pin, you’ll short your mod and experience what i did...

Its been in and out of the shop for longer than I’ve actually had the device...

Managed to get the RSQ open. Discovered what looks like a cracked resistor. So unless any electrician can suggest something, I think she's out.

IMG_20180328_134026.jpg

Went today to get the Pico Squeeze from Vape King's sale. Nice little mod. But nowhere near as awesome as the RSQ. And the Hady is a tight squeeze on it.

Will just have to last me until I can get enough cash to either fix or get a new RSQ or if the Vandy Vape reg squonkers land soon.. At least the RSQs are not too expensive.
You are going to grow to love the little Pico squeeze, mine is my main car mod with a Wasp, and it is really enjoyable. You will see that it ends up in your hand more often than not even if you get a new replacement for the RSQ. Good luck with the fixing or replacing of the RSQ, they are great squonker. Some days I still miss mine, but the Coppervape mech is just as enjoyable with the Hadaly!

You are going to grow to love the little Pico squeeze, mine is my main car mod with a Wasp, and it is really enjoyable. You will see that it ends up in your hand more often than not even if you get a new replacement for the RSQ. Good luck with the fixing or replacing of the RSQ, they are great squonker. Some days I still miss mine, but the Coppervape mech is just as enjoyable with the Hadaly!
What type of build do you have on the pico?

It just seem there is not enough power getting in the coil. And the ramp up takes forever. Maybe I was just spoiled with RSQ.

It just seem there is not enough power getting in the coil. And the ramp up takes forever. Maybe I was just spoiled with RSQ.
It is different to the RSQ in so many ways. I am running a 4 turn 2.5 or 3 mm fused Clapton, I think is 28x3 in a 32 with a 26 guage Ni80 round wire in parallel, I think it comes out in the 20's somewhere. The round wire helps with the ramp up as it is faster and the Clapton is the flavour burst. Will confirm tonight when I get home.

That's odd. My wife's RXMini and WASP RDA combo ramps up and fires just fine. I've just changed to a 2.5mm clapton (crafted BoomCoils) and it seems to be working even better.

It is different to the RSQ in so many ways. I am running a 4 turn 2.5 or 3 mm fused Clapton, I think is 28x3 in a 32 with a 26 guage Ni80 round wire in parallel, I think it comes out in the 20's somewhere. The round wire helps with the ramp up as it is faster and the Clapton is the flavour burst. Will confirm tonight when I get home.
Also got fused claps at .6 ohm. Will drop 2 turns at my next build and see if it helps.

Back