My vape experience

Day-by-day buddy!

For me a large part of quitting was the fear of the thought that I would never have a cig again, made me feel like I was losing out in some way, but really you know you don't want it, and after a week or two that fear start to disappear exponentially with each vape.

Keep it up, and keep milestones in mind. End of day five is big! One week is epic, and two weeks unbelievable. After that point the weeks begin to fly!

I think what makes it worse is that all my staff smokes. I still do not want to touch a smoke, but it feels like I'm missing something the whole time.
My brother sent my a link to a fiddle thing. It's something you put in your hands and can do tricks with it, it's on a bearing or something. Maybe I must look into it more.

I think what makes it worse is that all my staff smokes. I still do not want to touch a smoke, but it feels like I'm missing something the whole time.
My brother sent my a link to a fiddle thing. It's something you put in your hands and can do tricks with it, it's on a bearing or something. Maybe I must look into it more.
A spinner?

https://www.atomixvapes.co.za/collections/3d-printed

Never tried them, but if it works then why not!!!

So tyre smoke then :D

I see you username and Avi and can't help think your 'race car' is also a dub.
How's about some details :p

Yes for sure, I have a closed off road where I usually test my car, had some fun to just vent a bit.

Oh yes, I'm a Volkswagen guy through and through.

Built a few toys in the past. From old school golf mk1 2doors to the newer turbo GTI's.
But from having them all in many different stages of performance, I went back to normally aspirated.
I wanted a sleeper, so I bought a 2007 velociti. I sent it in for a detail and some dent removal and changed all the modded lights and stuff to OEM stock standard.
Fitted Koni coilovers and did a front brake updrade.
Interior wise I fitted seats from a Polo Vivo GT(same as the polo gti 9n3)
16v Golf mk2 steering wheel
Key from golf mk2 16v
Polo gti pedals
The motor is where it's all at...
Tdi crank
84mm pop up pistons(13.2-1 compression ratio - 2100cc)
16v head, full stage 3 treatment from Sarel at 8v performance
Catcam titanium retainers
200lb Kent springs
276 11.8mm lift Vanderlinde intake cam
288 11.8mm lift vanderlinde exhaust cam
45mm Individual throttle bodies
VW motorsport branch
63mm exhaust
Dicktator managament
Short ration gearbox(shortned 2nd,3rd,4th) with uprated diff bolts and shimmed diff
Running on 100LL avgas

Seventy Four Four garage in Benoni built the golf and 8V Performance built the motor.

A real fun toy, great for drags, track and gymkhana

There is always a golf faster than you.lol

Yes for sure, I have a closed off road where I usually test my car, had some fun to just vent a bit.

Oh yes, I'm a Volkswagen guy through and through.

Built a few toys in the past. From old school golf mk1 2doors to the newer turbo GTI's.
But from having them all in many different stages of performance, I went back to normally aspirated.
I wanted a sleeper, so I bought a 2007 velociti. I sent it in for a detail and some dent removal and changed all the modded lights and stuff to OEM stock standard.
Fitted Koni coilovers and did a front brake updrade.
Interior wise I fitted seats from a Polo Vivo GT(same as the polo gti 9n3)
16v Golf mk2 steering wheel
Key from golf mk2 16v
Polo gti pedals
The motor is where it's all at...
Tdi crank
84mm pop up pistons(13.2-1 compression ratio - 2100cc)
16v head, full stage 3 treatment from Sarel at 8v performance
Catcam titanium retainers
200lb Kent springs
276 11.8mm lift Vanderlinde intake cam
288 11.8mm lift vanderlinde exhaust cam
45mm Individual throttle bodies
VW motorsport branch
63mm exhaust
Dicktator managament
Short ration gearbox(shortned 2nd,3rd,4th) with uprated diff bolts and shimmed diff
Running on 100LL avgas

Seventy Four Four garage in Benoni built the golf and 8V Performance built the motor.

A real fun toy, great for drags, track and gymkhana

There is always a golf faster than you.lol

:rock::rock::rock: :drool: NIIIICE!!!!
I love me a good aspirated engine! Those golfs are always fantastic to drive when they modded the way your is.

Be warned, I will soon PM you looking for some advice on my car :D Also want to keep it on the down low and push a little bit of fun power ;) :AHAHAHAHA:

@DotDubb it's been around two months for me now, not a single smoke, and last night I decided to try one, just to see if it was what I remember...

I had two drags and I felt physically ill! I am amazed that a cigarette tastes so Kak!!! I can't believe I smoked for so long now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@DotDubb it's been around two months for me now, not a single smoke, and last night I decided to try one, just to see if it was what I remember...

I had two drags and I felt physically ill! I am amazed that a cigarette tastes so Kak!!! I can't believe I smoked for so long now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry for the late reply.

I've been off stickies for 10 days and 10 hours, I have an app on my phone. Everybody smokes around me and it really doesn't bother me at all.

I had 2x challenges recently, first was on Sunday. Wifey had my spare tank and was away the weekend. My only coil I had decided to fall apart on Sunday, so I had no device to vape. Thisb2as on my Smok TFV8 cloud beast tank, I was tempted to try to build coils as I do have titanium and nickle 200 wire, bit I'm not confident enough to try it.

2nd time was last night. I have an extra set of batteries with me as a spare, bit for some reason forget them at home. Went out drinking a few beers with mates after work and my batteries died at around 4 in the afternoon, with no spares with me. Stayed out till round 9 and still didn't have a smoke even though I didn't have my vape, plus I'm drinking with other smokers.

Super proud of myself!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

:rock::rock::rock: :drool: NIIIICE!!!!
I love me a good aspirated engine! Those golfs are always fantastic to drive when they modded the way your is.

Be warned, I will soon PM you looking for some advice on my car :D Also want to keep it on the down low and push a little bit of fun power ;) :AHAHAHAHA:

Sure, no problem. I'll gladly assist. I'll come show you my golf and take you for a spin when I'm in your area again.

Sure, no problem. I'll gladly assist. I'll come show you my golf and take you for a spin when I'm in your area again.

That's great! I'll be waiting :D Mad vw fanatic here too :D
Coolio, will PM you soon.

Last edited:

I've been off stickies for 10 days and 10 hours, I have an app on my phone. Everybody smokes around me and it really doesn't bother me at all.

I had 2x challenges recently, first was on Sunday. Wifey had my spare tank and was away the weekend. My only coil I had decided to fall apart on Sunday, so I had no device to vape. Thisb2as on my Smok TFV8 cloud beast tank, I was tempted to try to build coils as I do have titanium and nickle 200 wire, bit I'm not confident enough to try it.

2nd time was last night. I have an extra set of batteries with me as a spare, bit for some reason forget them at home. Went out drinking a few beers with mates after work and my batteries died at around 4 in the afternoon, with no spares with me. Stayed out till round 9 and still didn't have a smoke even though I didn't have my vape, plus I'm drinking with other smokers.

Super proud of myself!

Congrats on the willpower @DotDubb!

Super proud of myself!

Well done bro!
Sidenote: I did put some 28g kanthal in one of the boxes, can't remember which one lol.

Thanks @Silver, I know now that I'm really finally off smoking.

Damn I'm loving the vape life, but damn it's costly. Hahahaha

Great feeling to be off smoking!
Keep it up

As for the cost, I hear you - but it can settle once you find your "groove", your preferred setups and a few winner juices for your taste

Well done @DotDubb - was cool reading this thread for the first time and seeing the starts of someones vape journey unfold.
It's a lot of fun and the community (as you've already seen) is awesome.
I've been logging into the forum just about every day for almost two-and-a-half years now, and in that time have seen some truly amazing, selfless, tear-jerking acts of kindness and support (and a couple of cat-fights too :p but fam & friends bicker).
Looking forward to many more posts!

Thanks @Silver
I'm sure I'll find my groove soon enough, at this stage I just want to try everything until I've found it.

Thanks @KB_314
I just love this forum, everybody is so helpful!

So, today I am 17days stinky free, feeling great. I have not even taken 1x drag of a smoke.

I've got around 7 of my mates into vaping, and 2x have completely stopped smoking.

Thanks to @ettienedj for collecting a parcel for me by vape club and posting it to me with a big bottle of Crown Royale, can't wait to try your own juices!

Thanks also to @Amir for my new tanks, I bought the limitless plus rdta and the ud goliath v2 from him plus some extras. Received it all today.

I've tried a few builds on my Smok TFV8 cloud beast tank, but getting a lot of spit back. Not happy with this tank and will swop for something else, I do have a post in the trade section.

I bought another Joyetech ultimo tank, plus a rba for it. Built a stainless coil coming in at 0.49ohm and it works soooo good! Glad I'm starting to get my coil builds better now.
Super excited to start a build on my new limitless rdta tank tonight.

Here is some pics of my recent purchases.
20170412_124244.jpg
20170407_101853.jpg
20170406_170133.jpg
20170405_183800.jpg

Thanks @Silver
I'm sure I'll find my groove soon enough, at this stage I just want to try everything until I've found it.

Thanks @KB_314
I just love this forum, everybody is so helpful!

So, today I am 17days stinky free, feeling great. I have not even taken 1x drag of a smoke.

I've got around 7 of my mates into vaping, and 2x have completely stopped smoking.

Thanks to @ettienedj for collecting a parcel for me by vape club and posting it to me with a big bottle of Crown Royale, can't wait to try your own juices!

Thanks also to @Amir for my new tanks, I bought the limitless plus rdta and the ud goliath v2 from him plus some extras. Received it all today.

I've tried a few builds on my Smok TFV8 cloud beast tank, but getting a lot of spit back. Not happy with this tank and will swop for something else, I do have a post in the trade section.

I bought another Joyetech ultimo tank, plus a rba for it. Built a stainless coil coming in at 0.49ohm and it works soooo good! Glad I'm starting to get my coil builds better now.
Super excited to start a build on my new limitless rdta tank tonight.

Here is some pics of my recent purchases.
View attachment 91354
View attachment 91355
View attachment 91356
View attachment 91357

You're most welcome sir. Stay strong... Don't give in to the stinkies

Great to see @DotDubb
Wishing you well on all the new gear
Fannnntastic!
:campeon:

PS - Let us know what you think of the juices

Hi fellow vapers.

I'm new to the vape community and I'm really loving every second of it.

I was a smoker for a good 20 years and never wanted to stop, but lately got my mindset right to get off the stickies and after some research, I bought a kit off the forum.

Received my kit last week Thursday, and been vaping it for the last 4 days. I did have 2 smokes on day 1 on 1 on day 2,coming from around 10 stickies a day when I don't kuier with the mates(that ends up to at least 20 a day)

I was stupid in the sense that I tried to stop smoking on a weekend that we have one massive get together with around 30 mates. But I survived it and I'm super proud of myself.

Wifey smokes at least 20 a day, but she at least loves to vape with me and I bought her a kit over the weekend.

So far she cut down on the stickies, down to 7 a day so far. Really I pressed with her as she really enjoys smoking and decided all this on her own.

Here is some pics of our kits and some of our flavours.

263a654c919b8f6ed775763b845df756.jpg

229dd1827139f877a836bfdb931b6353.jpg

4497b8e02dc9d538097aa95fd47ddf79.jpg

e6a4141d3a5c1dff081e2fe653e667c8.jpg

4479a9559bbb414f7a11da1550d594d3.jpg

e334195072fe15fbe23eb8a82a69d81a.jpg

Next up, to learn how to make my own coils.

I started on my Joyetech Ultimo tank, with the 0.5ohm ceramic coil, was very happy with that.
Changed to my cloud beast tank now on the V8 Q4 coil, what a tank! Gave wife the Joyetech tank and now we both are very happy!

I'm very interested in a dripper and sqounker setup, that will be my next purchase when I'm ready to get an extra kit.

Be very proud of what you have accomplished! One vape at a time and youll soon find yourself off it completely. Congrats

Hi there guys. Think it's time I update this thread.

I have been stinky free for 185days!

I got so many friends into vaping and off the stinkies.

My gear grew a lot, this is not a cheap hobby, but it's a hobby I do enjoy a lot!

This is what myself and wifey got:
Mods:
Minikin v2
Tesla 120w steampunk
Wismec mini rx
Boxer squonker mech clone
Billet box clone
Geek vape tsunami tube mech
Smok hprive (my first mod)

Tanks:
Tsunami rda
Clone rda that came with the boxer
Kylin v2
2x Joyetech ultimo rta
Smok cloud beast
Medusa rdta
Limitless plus rdta
Wismec mini rx tank rta

I've bought sooo much juice, I just can't stop. I love having variety.
My adv is xxx 3mg, I also like ruthless jungle fever. I'm a fruit lover.
Wifey loves Vm4 and Havana nights.

Wifey wants a snow wolf mini in tiffany blue, then she will be happy. I still want a vgod elite mech mod, and a proper squonker, then I'll be happy. I like the fact that we have a lot of mods and tanks, with different juice in each, and you can just grab one and vape on it and change as you feel like.

I browse on the forum alot, still love to learn as much as I can. You guys a such a friendly bunch! I missed vapecon, I'm supper pissed that I could not make it. But I'll be there at the next one.

Some pics..
c91044575bf126088af50b6c71850c9d.jpg
9f980f2b631d13ee1e5714c6cb35f01b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Noce to see you again @DotDubb

Congrats on the 185 days! Marvellous!

I hear you about buying loads of juice and wanting more variety. We have such great local juice mixologists on our doorstep! I agree with your wife on Havana Nightz. Super juice!

Sorry you missed VapeCon. it was mega epic. Next time...

Enjoy and let us know how it goes

Thanks @Silver

I love that feeling when I get a bunch of new juice, it's great to find something that is really tasty. I agree with the local market, our local juice really is amazing. I can't even name all the ones I like, there is too many!

Our cupboard is stocked atleast.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hi bud

Congrats on giving up the stinkies and converting some of your friends and family to vaping.

Glad to see you still dubbing!!!

Back