My venture into higher power dripping

Yesterday I decided to rewick @ollies coil. I used Jap Cotton. Wasn't tight nor was it loose.

View attachment 54366

It just wasn't the same as before. Didn't taste as good or as rich as before. (still dripping @Paulie's coffee cake)

And it spluttered a bit. Very subpar and a lot less flavour compared to Ollie's wicking.

So today I tried with Cotton Bacon V2 and made it a bit tighter.

View attachment 54367

BINGO! It's now the same taste as before. Much denser. And richer flavour. Not sure if it's the wick material or the tightness. But it even makes the same sounds that Ollie's wick made.

I am happy.

I still don't know what wick @Ollie used for me when he did it for me. Forgot to ask. @Ollie can you remember?

The DogeV2 is performing nicely and I am enjoying the occasional drip session thoroughly. Am growing to like Paulie's coffee cake a lot and loving adding a few drops of other juices in to see what it's like.

Only problem I am having is the Cuboid is sometimes saying atomizer short. Then I take off the dripper and put it on again and all is fine. I think it's that problem with the cuboid 510 starting to arrive on mine. Sigh. At least it works. I don't over tighten and it seems to keep the connection better that way.

Am enjoying this dripping very much now. Quite a long way from my original post...
@Paulie's coffee cake is nice at low watts where the flavour is strong but I can taste the individual coffee or the cake.
I only discovered how nice coffee cake is at 45W - 55W on a 0.5 ohm coil.
So at low watts is like raw cake and at higher watts it's the real deal!
Following your thread with intent as I'm also playing with higher watts more often these days.

I am happy.

That's the second time you've said that. I take it you're happy. :D

This is the problem with this forum. Now I'll have to revisit dripping - beyond just testing new mixes.

Then there's coils. Something I've never really gotten into seriously.

Damn.

That's the second time you've said that. I take it you're happy. :D

This is the problem with this forum. Now I'll have to revisit dripping - beyond just testing new mixes.

Then there's coils. Something I've never really gotten into seriously.

Damn.

What I learnt from my higher powered dripping adventure so far is that the coil is very important. I havent ventured into building them myself yet but no doubt I will get to that.

Also I think the wicking is critical. I sound like an expert but I am a DogeV2 dripper noob. This last wicking worked nicely.

Then there is dialling in the perfect build and wick for the dripper you are using. I am lucky Ollie can do that off the bat.

Then there's the juice - and i suppose each juice may have certain nuances that needs some tweaking with the build. And at the high power i am assuming its less forgiving than on my Reos - not sure about that

Then you get a new dripper - and the whole thing starts all over again...

Damn... But its fun!

Speaking of new drippers... the Tsunami 24 has a hollow positive pin and is about to hit our shores ;)

I still don't know what wick @Ollie used for me when he did it for me. Forgot to ask. @Ollie can you remember?

BINGO!!! I use cotton bacon in all my builds @Silver, and its for that very reason. I find the flavour to be crisper for longer with bacon, not sure why, but it just works the best for me. The tightness in the wick also makes a huge difference. If the wick is too loose, it will pop and crackle, and you can get burned hits because of small air pockets, the flavour is also not the greatest. But in the same respect, if the wick is too tight, it will constrict the liquids flow, not allowing enough through, also resulting in poor flavour.

Cool thread @Silver - glad to see you coming right and always fun to see people out of their vaping comfort zones!
I've been enjoying a couple of drippers recently as well and playing around with builds. Cotton Bacon has been a real winner and the only "designer" wick I will be getting more of. I definitely need to try Nichrome. Claptons have been great but there's some ramp-up to contend with.
My building skills are severely lacking compared to Ollie & Yiannaki but still, flavour has been surprisingly good on a couple of (forgiving) RDA's so far. Interested to see what you think of some other RDA's if you venture further and will be watching this thread :)

Thanks @KB_314

This is certainly a most interesting development in my vaping journey
I am enjoying the dripping a lot. Not all day at all. But sometimes for a treat, just drip some drops and make huge clouds, when Mrs Silver is not looking ;-)

Not something I think I will get into for "workhorse vaping purposes" like when I am working or on the go - but super for a relaxing cloud session every now and then...

One of the best parts about vaping is the surprises lurking around every corner - and the massive diversity on offer with all the different vaping styles, equipment and juices!

Back