Name one thing from your childhood

I loved the days when shops closed at 5pm and 12pm on Saturday's and weren't open again until Monday morning.

i suppose it was a forced break and family / friends get together time
but there is the convenience factor and many folk work late and can only do shopping later or on a Sunday
sad but it is what it is

I remember scratching my toes and getting them painted with Iodine. Then you would run around telling all your mates you had the Lurgy.

I spent a lot of my childhood alone in the garden shed.

Casio Watch. Still going strong. Must be 30 years old. Has had water damage a few times and just left it in my cupboard and when I looked again it was working again.
20221126_132321.jpg

Words for beer I still love. "Shumba" for Lion Lager. "Chibulie" for any beer, may have been a Rhodesian expression. Not sure. If something was nice we used "Moto" for hot. We called "Pap" "Sadza" so we had Sadza and gravy.

I saw this in a post with someone asking for a juice with a "Dirkie" flavour. But the "Pikkies" were my era.
20221230_112326.jpg

Remember when you went to the drive in and you could plug in a cassette into your cassette tape player to listen to the movie sound track through your car sound system. They never really worked that well either. 20230114_065450.jpg

Back