New 18650 Battery 30amp High Drain

Don't know what Big Lou's problem is with the Efest batteries, but I think they're great and I'm sticking with them. The new 2800's are awesome. Those batteries that he's going on about.....mmm.....I don't know. Might try them at some point if they're reasonably priced.

"get in now before you miss out"......"buy before the price rises".....etc.
aaaaaaand I'm out.

things I dont like about vaping:
1) lists

What doesn't make sense about the Efests is that as the mah gets higher so does the amp rating??!! WHAT. Anyway that's not my business. For now I'll stick with some vtc 4s I have from a while ago and I plan to import some imren 40 amps soon.

What doesn't make sense about the Efests is that as the mah gets higher so does the amp rating??!! WHAT. Anyway that's not my business. For now I'll stick with some vtc 4s I have from a while ago and I plan to import some imren 40 amps soon.
That's not a constant 40A rating. There is no 18650 cell with s constant 40A rating. (In reference to a post you made somewhere else earlier) "stay away from pulse ratings"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered 200 of the 2800's and then received this in the mail a few days later

"Here I'd like to introduce a new battery of our Efest products to you---Efest IMR 18650 35A 2900mahpurple flat top battery.

We Efest constantly strive for excellent quality. New version Efest IMR18650 with the continuous discharging current 35Amps, we expand the capacity to 2900mah.

We do believe New Efest IMR 18650 35A 2900mah purple battery will definitely be pretty popular in ecig market."

Are we going to see +100 and then +100 and so on?

Is this the same as the PC industry where they underclock equivalent chips because that is the safe margin it can
operate at? If I can remember correctly that is what AW does - test batteries and only pick ones that meet a certain criteria.

Many of the main companies like lg or Sony Samsung (there's only a few I can't remember the other couple) choose only the cream of their crop and then sell the underperformers to companies like efest ( if I'm correct they are rewraps) so just keep that in mind ;)

That's not a constant 40A rating. There is no 18650 cell with s constant 40A rating. (In reference to a post you made somewhere else earlier) "stay away from pulse ratings"

FYI
image-jpg.474316

Bottom Line
This is a 20A continuous discharge current (CDR) cell that runs undamaged at 20A but very hot. At 25A it hit my safety limit of 100°C. In my opinion this is not a 40A cell and you should not run it at above 20A.

Comments
  • At 20A the cell had a very high maximum temperature of 84°C.
  • At 25A the cell reached a max temperature of 98°C which coasted to just a bit over 100°C after the test finished. This is a dangerously high temperature for a cell.
  • Discharges were not done at 30A, 35A, or 40A due to the cell hitting my temperature safety limit of 100°C during the 20A test.
  • An additional five cycles at 20A showed no damage at all so no follow-up 10A discharge (to confirm any damage) was done.
  • I am setting a CDR of 20A for this cell. The cell runs hot at this current level but since it didn't show any signs of damage I think you will get decent cycle life at 20A. In my opinion you should not run this cell at above 20A!

FYI
image-jpg.474316

Bottom Line
This is a 20A continuous discharge current (CDR) cell that runs undamaged at 20A but very hot. At 25A it hit my safety limit of 100°C. In my opinion this is not a 40A cell and you should not run it at above 20A.

Comments
  • At 20A the cell had a very high maximum temperature of 84°C.
  • At 25A the cell reached a max temperature of 98°C which coasted to just a bit over 100°C after the test finished. This is a dangerously high temperature for a cell.
  • Discharges were not done at 30A, 35A, or 40A due to the cell hitting my temperature safety limit of 100°C during the 20A test.
  • An additional five cycles at 20A showed no damage at all so no follow-up 10A discharge (to confirm any damage) was done.
  • I am setting a CDR of 20A for this cell. The cell runs hot at this current level but since it didn't show any signs of damage I think you will get decent cycle life at 20A. In my opinion you should not run this cell at above 20A!
Is this for the efest or the imren?

Vtc5's have been back for about 2weeks I think. Go forth and buy all you can

I've tried a few different batteries but the ones I like and trust most are my Authentic AW's!
ShowCase08.jpg

What battery is that purple samsung Skipper? Is it the 30Q?

It's the batch that came in not so long ago... the 2800mah 35A. I never vape below .8Ω so I can pretty much use any of the decent batteries. These I use in my Woodvils because the flat top seems to be better than the button tops which I use in my aluminium REO's.

I have VTC5's and they feel safe but I have always prefered the authentic AW's... and none of this is based on anything other than gut feel and the vape as I feel it. I always listen to @johan, @Andre and those couple of boys from the Cape that know their stuff.

Many of the main companies like lg or Sony Samsung (there's only a few I can't remember the other couple) choose only the cream of their crop and then sell the underperformers to companies like efest ( if I'm correct they are rewraps) so just keep that in mind ;)
Heard the same thing

Back