New Juice Line Coming ADV NETs

Well, maybe I'll start lowish and work my way up. Somewhere in the R600-700 range. Talisker and Ardbeg sounds like a goodish start. I love smokiness and weight in whiskey, which is why I drink Double Black at the moment, so those two may be a good intro what? Ardbeg on Oa sounds 'lighter' than Ardbeg(?)

The Ardbeg I had was a 17 year old and only 40% alcohol per volume. Smooth as hell, but can't find it in my area any longer. Personally I would hit a whisky bar or good restaurant and try out a few at a time. I've had some single malts that I had one sip or a smell of and gave them to my late father. Not all are good to be honest. Also, I avoid "finished in bourbon casks" like the plague. I can't stand the the taste of bourbon.

I can't drink Johnny Red, but en jou Johnny Black. That, Chibas 12 and Dimple are good "cheap" whiskeys for me. No, I'm not a snob, I just call them cheap as they are nowhere near the single malts I really love.

The last few years I've been more on the gin and vodka train, and recently beer. So I've lost touch with whisky costs a bit.

I had an ex whose stepfather owned a snazzy joint in Jhb. I used to get all the last little bits in the bottles to taste. Sometimes less than a tot, but enough to form an opinion.

Coming back to the single malts, I've found a place that sells at quite a bit lower than the general market price. Single bottles, crates, pallets, up 2 u.

Only little thing is you need diplomatic credentials. I've no doubt at least 70+% of their business is shadowy (see lockdown, they do cigarettes n stuff as well), so my guess is these credentials will not be very closely scrutinized. Anyone here have diplomatic ties? :D

Lagavulin 16 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky Bottle 750ml
R1,399.99

LAGAVULIN WHISKY 16 YEARS 750ML
R 1,074.66

R1074.66 is a great price for Lagavulin ... Below are my usual malt "suppliers" ... even Checkers and Spar stock some of the good sh stuff ;);
https://www.checkers.co.za/All-Depa...tch-Whisky-Bottle-750ml-Gift-Box/p/10202871EA

https://www.checkers.co.za/All-Depa...-Single-Malt-Scotch-Whisky-750ml/p/10180228EA

https://www.ngf.co.za/products/lagavulin-16yr-whisky-750ml-x1

https://www.ngf.co.za/products/oban-14yr-whisky-750ml-x1

https://www.ngf.co.za/products/cragganmore-20yr-750ml

https://www.whiskybrother.com/products/glenkinchie-12-year-old-scotch-whisky

... and another lovely unassuming malt too, (albeit not for the feint hearted ;)) ... A rich in your face, almost sweet, peaty and smoky malt, with just a hint of seaweed
https://www.checkers.co.za/All-Depa...-10-Year-Old-Whisky-Bottle-750ml/p/10130392EA

Edit:
I did the unforgiveable ... OMG ... I left my very best, my favourite off the above list :eek:...
https://www.ngf.co.za/products/dalwhinnie-15yr-750ml-x1

Last edited:
These NETs have been in development for a long time already, so we will have a few dropping out of the pipeline soon. It may seem that they're quick 'n' easy to develop, they're not. The process has been going on for a long time before I mentioned the line at all, it's just that they are coming to fruition now.

These NETs have been in development for a long time already, so we will have a few dropping out of the pipeline soon. It may seem that they're quick 'n' easy to develop, they're not. The process has been going on for a long time before I mentioned the line at all, it's just that they are coming to fruition now.

Good things in life require an investment of time, and as the feedback I have been receiving is not much shy of raving, clearly you've done something right :headbang: ... I now need to work out how your naming topology / tobacco names relate to the cigars I used to enjoy, and ... order some ;)

@Intuthu Kagesi Cigars are on the menu, but will be another coupla months.

What cigars did you enjoy.

Cigars are coming :inlove: ... Now you have my full attention! :)

As to my old favourites ... shoooooweeeeeeee this list is long ...
As favourite brands go, they would probably be; Fuente, Davidoff, Cohiba, Montecristo, and Romeo Y Julieta, particularly their Original Churchills, (Diademas), only because I have an emotional attachment to my late Grandfather smoking these almost exclusively. Then to ring size ... everything from a so called No.1 / Original Churchill, through to a no.5, (although I note that the naming conventions have evolved in recent years :rolleyes:).
As each manufacturer and each length and ring size isn't really an indication of "strength", I usually opted for darker cigars, (Maduro and Oscuro, which I experienced as fuller bodied / bolder), for evenings, and a couple of lighter, "medium bodied" shorter 3's, 4's and sometimes even 5's for the aroma without the boldness, for "all day", (excuse the pun ;)), smokes. The nuances I used to seek out would have been Aromatic, Earthy and Woody, with Creamy Caramel undertones, (without being sweet), as these complimented most, if not all Malts.

Ring size affects flavour and general experience in smoking, but should be irrelevant in NETs. That said, how's Partagas Serie P No. 2, Cohiba Siglo II and Romeo y Julieta No.1 grab you? Churchills as I understand it refers more to size than anything else, several brands use the Churchill thing.

Ring size affects flavour and general experience in smoking, but should be irrelevant in NETs. That said, how's Partagas Serie P No. 2, Cohiba Siglo II and Romeo y Julieta No.1 grab you? Churchills as I understand it refers more to size than anything else, several brands use the Churchill thing.

Oooooo ... there's another old favourite, I almost forgot about Partagas:eek: , (well it has been a while ya know, and I'm hiding behind "old-timers" as an excuse :giggle:), and you're quite correct, a Churchill is a No1 or large Corona, and is +- 7 to 8 inches long, and I think around a 48 gauge ring size ... It got 'renamed' only because of Prime Minister Churchill rarely being without one in his mouth, and ... as Romeo y Julieta was his brand of choice, only they should really be considered a true Churchill Cigar.
Lemme go check on the Partagas Serie P No. 2, Cohiba Siglo II in my ol' cigar bible and get back to you ;)

OK ... so here we go ... (Part 2)

Partagas Serie P No. 2 ... my old notes on it are that it's a smooth, creamy, earthy, woody, yet smooth and slick, with caramel undertones ... It moves from a medium towards a fuller bodied more complex and woody cigar in the last third.

Cohiba Siglo II ... again my notes on it are that it's again a light to medium bodied cigar, with complex varying notes with slight cinnamon and pepper undertones, mild woodiness, moving towards greater complexity as well as a shift from light medium to a medium body in the last third.

Romeo Y Julieta Churchills ... There is emotional bias attached! ... Smooth thick, full bodied, rich, earthy , woody, almost oily, and slightly sweet caramel ... this one calms down to a medium bodied cigar in the second half and introduces a mild pepper undertone.

Ooooo ... and I missed that earlier point of yours ... Yes, ring size does play a part in flavour within the same brand, as they use different leaves to wrap them, and clearly the larger the diameter, the greater the mix of leaf types. the venerable No.2 / Torpedo probably highlighting this most within any brand with it's varying shape.

Last edited:
I'll keep that in mind for the future, but for the time being the die has already been cast.

I almost forgot. Vapemail, baby!

IMG_20220216_094152.jpg

Well, some of it.

Disclaimer: I won't be smoking any of it!

I have a problem on my hands. I'm trying to limit the number of NETs we offer, but how can I not offer something when it's so good (IMHO) :(

So afore mundane practicality sets in, let me announce the next NET.

Warning: There's more to come!

View attachment 250680
It will be available on site tomorrow.

Great, another rabbit hole :oops:

Reconsidering presentation. This stuff surely deserves a wooden box, at least. Maybe get Knysna to make up some yellow wood boxes. :--P

But @ADV-Des will kill me, what with the number of NETs, special labels and boxes 'n' stuff to store, stock and handle. Customers, however, should love it for a small increase in price, say an extra R150-R200/bottle. ;)

Reconsidering presentation. This stuff surely deserves a wooden box, at least. But @ADV-Des will kill me, what with the number of NETs, special labels and boxes 'n' stuff to store, stock and handle. Customers, however, should love it for a small increase in price, say an extra R150-R200/bottle. ;)

Yikes. How about rather going the old glass dripper bottle route to keep them fresh for longer?

Yikes. How about rather going the old glass dripper bottle route to keep them fresh for longer?
Too difficult to fill and too messy to fill from. They won't go bad, same as any vape juice, keep out of sunlight and not on, in or next to stove.

You are supposed to use them quickly and buy some more!

I see o n your site that you list the different tobaccos that goes into the NET. I think it would be nice to add a little note about each tobacco, i.e. what kind of profile Latakia is for instance. There are some nice websites explaining different tobaccos, but not everyone knows these tobaccos and it's a bit of a schlep to go and google each one, whereas if it is already on your site it would be a major positive in my opinion. Just a thought...

P.S. You're making it extremely difficult to choose only one or two NETs after payday.... Hence my suggestion/request regarding some notes on flavor profile. Probably my favorite NET has been Tark's Rasputin and my own extraction from Transvaal Black (if I remember that name correctly). So I like them dark and heavy mostly.

I see o n your site that you list the different tobaccos that goes into the NET. I think it would be nice to add a little note about each tobacco, i.e. what kind of profile Latakia is for instance. There are some nice websites explaining different tobaccos, but not everyone knows these tobaccos and it's a bit of a schlep to go and google each one, whereas if it is already on your site it would be a major positive in my opinion. Just a thought...

P.S. You're making it extremely difficult to choose only one or two NETs after payday.... Hence my suggestion/request regarding some notes on flavor profile. Probably my favorite NET has been Tark's Rasputin and my own extraction from Transvaal Black (if I remember that name correctly). So I like them dark and heavy mostly.
I agree ... My challenge is similar ... trying to match up the tobacco names to the notes of the Cigars I've enjoyed in the past, or ... to wait until you release your Cigar specific NETs, as I don't wish to go through another juice learning curve whose iterations saw me tossing the lions share of juices that didn't live up to my expectations.

Back