New Mod advice

Vape_Da_Ape

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Bedford Gardens, Germiston, Gauteng, South Africa
hi guys im in the market for a new mod and many have suggested i start with the evic or kangertech starters

i have narrowed it down to like 3 so far

*NEW*** Smok H-PRIV 220W TC Full Kit
***NEW*** Hotcig R150
***NEW*** Sigelei SnowWolf 218W TC Stabilized Wood Face Box Mod (Royal Edition)

thanx

Are you smoking or hubbly? Do you know whether you would like clouds or more something that imitates cigarette drawing?

Great stuff. In my experience all hubbly users need big clouds.

I see from the Chat on the front page that you do not want to build coils.

That Smok, which comes with atomizer I think, should do the trick. As far as I know it is a cloud monster and has commercial coils. Just know that it will go through juice like there is no tomorrow.

Hope this helps. Please do shout if you have any questions.

Have the pico starter kit as well. Great mod to kick stinkies. I did find myself searching for a tank with better airflow though as I found the melo3 a bit restricted. Coming from hubbly, you might wanna think of this. The clouds are great with the melo.
Found an avo22 and this combo seriously kicks ass. Have to build coils for it though. It took some time getting it right but winning now.
Have a look at the mod specials at vapecon, also tried the smok tfv8 at vape king in rosebank and that thing paired with a decent 2/3 battery mod is my next dream vape purchase.

@Vape_Da_Ape I have a Evic VTC Mini and a Pico. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my VTC, but if I had to buy now, I'd buy a Pico! The Melo III is just an awesome tank together with the mod. I would definitely go to the VapeCon on Saturday and buy it there at special! Oh, and go for the 4ml tank. The 2ml is simply too small!

@Vape_Da_Ape I have a Evic VTC Mini and a Pico. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my VTC, but if I had to buy now, I'd buy a Pico! The Melo III is just an awesome tank together with the mod. I would definitely go to the VapeCon on Saturday and buy it there at special! Oh, and go for the 4ml tank. The 2ml is simply too small!
yeah i got the 2ml tank and i find myself refilling a lot, or maybe i'm vaping too much :p:p but i gota get myself a 4ml tank

I do think the pico and what @Vape_Da_Ape has listed are totally different beasts. I also got a pico and two weeks later an M-priv with a tornado nano.

Both brilliant devices but the vape differs in so many ways, like @Atsbitscrisp mentioned the melo3 draw is a bit restricted compared to say a tank with a wider center tube where you can really pull it deep and hard to the lungs and get the massive clouds. The melo3 gives good vapor production for the size that's for sure but I found myself wanting more soon after.

Just my 2cents, all the best on deciding what to get buddy.

thanks so much gents when you speak of melo do you speak of this combo

***NEW*** 4ml Eleaf Pico Mega 80w Kit with 26650 Battery
??????

I do think the pico and what @Vape_Da_Ape has listed are totally different beasts. I also got a pico and two weeks later an M-priv with a tornado nano.

Both brilliant devices but the vape differs in so many ways, like @Atsbitscrisp mentioned the melo3 draw is a bit restricted compared to say a tank with a wider center tube where you can really pull it deep and hard to the lungs and get the massive clouds. The melo3 gives good vapor production for the size that's for sure but I found myself wanting more soon after.

Just my 2cents, all the best on deciding what to get buddy.

thanks bro yeah i dont want to find myself wanting more i want clouds and clouds and be able to pull in deep with good flow, is there any pre built tanks that can offer this option ?

what would a perfect combo be like tank + mod?
im really not too keen on building coils but surely theres an option for us less tech savy okes?

thanks bro yeah i dont want to find myself wanting more i want clouds and clouds and be able to pull in deep with good flow, is there any pre built tanks that can offer this option ?

what would a perfect combo be like tank + mod?
im really not too keen on building coils but surely theres an option for us less tech savy okes?

There definitely is @Vape_Da_Ape, as far as Tanks go if you want massive clouds and flavor there is only one option, the TFV8 by Smok, its called the cloud beast for a reason, maybe check some reviews and hear what the guys say about this "Beast". They come with 4 coils, one being a RBA so you have the option if you ever feel the need to build and the other 3 just pop in and vape. BUT CAUTION...ITS IS EXTREMELY THIRSTY...So be sure to set aside plenty of your vape budget for juice.

As for as MOD's go, I would let someone more experienced recommend those as I have only the two I spoke about earlier.

@Vape_Da_Ape, I don't think you should write off rebuilding coils yet. It's not a difficult thing to do and it broadens the scope of your vaping exponentially. Everybody who starts vaping thinks they "just want something simple like a Twisp but with a bit more power". Then, six weeks later, they're building their own coils, mixing their own juice, and have become Ohm's Law fiends who can recite tungsten TCR figures from memory. :D

That said, I think the Pico starter kit is a good choice. Limiting yourself to a 23mm tank, which is what the Pico does due to its battery cap, will eliminate most of the good rebuildable tanks on the market. However, by the time you get around to wanting a good rebuildable, you will probably also want a second mod. No matter what your vaping requirements, the Pico will always be a fantastic mod to just slip into your pocket and take out with you. If you then want an RX200 or an H-Priv or whatever to take your 24/25mm tank and sit on your desk as a 'regular' vape, that is fine. But you'll always have the Pico as a stealth vape. It's incredibly functional and useful in that role.

The exec summary is to not make decisions now based on a firm belief that you will never DIY. At least leave the possibility open.

@Vape_Da_Ape, I don't think you should write off rebuilding coils yet. It's not a difficult thing to do and it broadens the scope of your vaping exponentially. Everybody who starts vaping thinks they "just want something simple like a Twisp but with a bit more power". Then, six weeks later, they're building their own coils, mixing their own juice, and have become Ohm's Law fiends who can recite tungsten TCR figures from memory. :D

That said, I think the Pico starter kit is a good choice. Limiting yourself to a 23mm tank, which is what the Pico does due to its battery cap, will eliminate most of the good rebuildable tanks on the market. However, by the time you get around to wanting a good rebuildable, you will probably also want a second mod. No matter what your vaping requirements, the Pico will always be a fantastic mod to just slip into your pocket and take out with you. If you then want an RX200 or an H-Priv or whatever to take your 24/25mm tank and sit on your desk as a 'regular' vape, that is fine. But you'll always have the Pico as a stealth vape. It's incredibly functional and useful in that role.

The exec summary is to not make decisions now based on a firm belief that you will never DIY. At least leave the possibility open.
Can't agree more @RichJB. I already want a new tank and am limited to 22/23mm tank on the Pico. HOWEVER, I found that having to rebuild the stock coils and then getting an ECR Head was somewhat of a rite of passage. I struggled to rebuild the stock coils and when I got the ECR head it was a luxury. I'm sure when I get my first RTA I will find that to be a luxury. The Catholic in me sees suffering as a virtue and in having to struggle with what I have at my disposal has meant I needed to refine my skills quickly to make it work.

But then again I've been told that I have a strange approach to life.

SO TRUE, I use my pico way more than the bigger mod for that exact reason @RichJB . Many have asked me if I would sell it once I got number 2 and the thought has never crossed my mind, I can't see myself without it.

Sounds mad, had it at 145w with a decent airflow. Exhaled and I thought I had gone blind for a few seconds. Super smooth though. Army can use those for concealment devices in tanks!
lol sounds like what i would want , when they say goes through juice like mad, like how much juice?
what can i pair this smoke with, is it a plug and play tank no building needed?

lol sounds like what i would want , when they say goes through juice like mad, like how much juice?
what can i pair this smoke with, is it a plug and play tank no building needed?
It is plug and play. As for juice consumption it depends how you vape and how often you vape. Some go through 100ml a month others up to 600ml and above. Visit a nearby vape shop and try some juices and choose one or two to get you started.

Smokers moving to vaping often prefer tobacco flavour as first. The sweet juices also tend to irritate the throat of smokers who are new to vaping.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back