Newbie here!

PervertedMonk

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi all!

Stumbled on this forum while I was reading up on alternative ecig products. So I used to smoke about half a pack of Marlboro Beyond Red/Dunhill Menthol and have now switched completed to vaping (been about 3 weeks now).

So I'm currently on the Twisp Clearo - it's alright but keen for something stronger/more vapour. Been browsing around and I need some assistance. Keen on one of these if you guys can help me out with info like how often do these atomisers last (I just had to replace my twisp one now after 3 weeks):

1. http://www.sirvape.co.za/collections/starter-kits/products/new-wismec-reuleaux-rx75-full-kit R1155
2. http://www.sirvape.co.za/collections/starter-kits/products/kanger-tobox-mini-full-kit R1200
3. http://www.vapeking.co.za/kanger-dripbox-starter-kit.html R700

Any advice will help out a lot. Also which atomisers will be compatible with these models?

You have a twisp clearo so I'm assuming you're mouth to lung vaper and not a direct to lung vaper. The Kangertech Top box comes with a subtank mini which will appeal to your style of vaping more than the Wismec Armor tank. I prefer the aesthetics and feautures of the RX75 mod such as upgradeable firmware, TCR etc..
Another thing I forgot to mention was that the subtank mini can take many different types of coils and comes with an RBA section which can be rebuilt so that you will no longer need to build coils. The armor tank (RX75 tank) cannot be rebuilt and will be more for direct lung hits.
If you don't mind taking direct lung hits you should get the RX75, I love the design and the looks of it. The feautures on the RX75 mod is better than the topbox but the subtank is better than the armor tank.

The drip box is a squonking device (you fill up 7ml of liquid into the bottle, and squeeze the bottle after every few puffs to saturate the wicks again) this also is more for direct lung hits and I will not recommend it to a beginner. You'll be much happier with either the RX75 or the topbox.

Last edited:
You have a twisp clearo so I'm assuming you're mouth to lung vaper and not a direct to lung vaper. The Kangertech Top box comes with a subtank mini which will appeal to your style of vaping more than the Wismec Armor tank. I prefer the aesthetics and feautures of the RX75 mod such as upgradeable firmware, TCR etc..
Another thing I forgot to mention was that the subtank mini can take many different types of coils and comes with an RBA section which can be rebuilt so that you will no longer need to build coils. The armor tank (RX75 tank) cannot be rebuilt and will be more for direct lung hits.
If you don't mind taking direct lung hits you should get the RX75, I love the design and the looks of it. The feautures on the RX75 mod is better than the topbox but the subtank is better than the armor tank.
Thanks for the reply. What's the difference between mouth to lung vapour and direct to lung vapour?
Also what's the RBA section?

Thanks for the reply. What's the difference between mouth to lung vapour and direct to lung vapour?
Also what's the RBA section?
Mouth to lung and direct lung style vaping is the way you take a puff.

Mouth to lung will be something like how you pull on a cigarette (pull and then take in) and direct lung hits will be like how you pull on a hookah/straw (directly to lung)

RBA section is a Rebuildable section which you can rebuild and eliminates the need to buy coils anymore. You'll just need to learn how to build coils and wick. You can learn from watching youtube videos or get help from the friendly guys on this forum.

Mouth to lung and direct lung style vaping is the way you take a puff.

Mouth to lung will be something like how you pull on a cigarette (pull and then take in) and direct lung hits will be like how you pull on a hookah/straw (directly to lung)

RBA section is a Rebuildable section which you can rebuild and eliminates the need to buy coils anymore. You'll just need to learn how to build coils and wick. You can learn from watching youtube videos or get help from the friendly guys on this forum.

Thanks again for the feedback. I also saw this one, and saw a review on Mikes's Vapes on it and it looks decent :

http://www.vapeking.co.za/aspire-plato-starter-kit-black.html

So it's between these 3 then. Choices I tell you!

Thanks again for the feedback. I also saw this one, and saw a review on Mikes's Vapes on it and it looks decent :

http://www.vapeking.co.za/aspire-plato-starter-kit-black.html

So it's between these 3 then. Choices I tell you!
I'm still not a fan of the plato. I would say either the top box or the RX75. With the top box you get a sub tank mini which has the advantage of being Rebuildable and can take coils. With the RX75 you getting the good looks and a mod which in my opinion is better but the tank I'm not sure as I have not used one. The armor tank cannot be rebuilt, can only take coils.

You are already looking for more.....
I was the same when I had my Twisp Aero for 2 weeks.
I got the Kangerteck Topbox mini. Awesome!
You can buy coils or build your own (this is when you want even more ;))
Lots of youtube videos around on this and it is the start of a new hobby.

Enjoy the yourney.

Where are the pico recommendations lads? anyway, my 2 cents worth being a newbie myself would be the pico and melo III tank its small, easy to carry and the battery lasts forever granted i disliked it at first ( i think in my mind i was averse to box mods) but the more i use it the more im growing to looove it there you go, another choice

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

Where are the pico recommendations lads? anyway, my 2 cents worth being a newbie myself would be the pico and melo III tank its small, easy to carry and the battery lasts forever granted i disliked it at first ( i think in my mind i was averse to box mods) but the more i use it the more im growing to looove it there you go, another choice

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk
That's also a great suggestion. The melo III makes this setup better than the RX75 I have the pico and I love it. The size is nice and it performs like a champ

Thanks for the feedback, looking into the Pico as well. What's the difference between the various rated coils of varying resistances though? I see the Pico here, with the melo 3 tank, but the specs for the Melo tank are:

One 0.3 ohm Kanthal Coil
One 0.5 ohm Kanthal Coil

While that does does look better, I would suggest you get the 2ml version
http://vapeclub.co.za/collections/starter-kits-and-combos/products/istick-pico-75w-tc

I say this because the melo III tank really shines with the 0.9 Ccell coils (ceramic coils). The 4ml melo III has an airlock problem with the Ccell coils. I have the 4ml melo and yes it does give dry hits with the Ccell due to this airlock but when it does work the flavor is fantastic. So I would say take the pico with the 2ml melo III and get yourself some Ccell coils. I think the good Ccell coils are only available at sir vape, so rather be safe and get them from there. I think he has the pico also so you can get everything from him.

Thanks for the feedback, looking into the Pico as well. What's the difference between the various rated coils of varying resistances though? I see the Pico here, with the melo 3 tank, but the specs for the Melo tank are:

One 0.3 ohm Kanthal Coil
One 0.5 ohm Kanthal Coil
The 0.3ohm (resistance if the coil is 0.3ohm) this coil is more suited to direct lung hits..... think of it like the Twisp aero 1 ohm coil and the 0.5 ohm coil.... with the 1 ohm coil you get a somewhat tight and restricted draw were as with the 0.5 ohm coil you get a more airy free flow draw...

In this case the 0.3 coil will give off more vapor and more flavor but the draw will be better suited for those who like direct lung hits. With this coil the flavor is more intense and the nicotine strength of the flavor will be stronger so use 6mg and see how that goes (if it's too strong, use a 3mg)

The 0.5 ohm coil will be a bit more like your twisp aero 0.5 coil but just much better. The vapor production is less and the flavor might be slightly less intense but the draw may suit your style of vaping. It isn't the same like the twisp because here you can control the wattage etc.

Hi bud, congrats on kicking the stinkies. Not to add more confusion but to provide alternate options, you can also look at the eLeaf iJust2. I am currently using this device and enjoying it. Its a fraction of the price of the others but just as good in my opinion. Let us know what you go with and welcome to the forum.

@PervertedMonk Out of your 3 choices, including the fact that you are a newbie, I would certainly suggest the Topbox. Its aeasy to live with device, easy to clean and refill, easy to swop out coils and build your own, 1 battery means it lighter than the Rolo.

I started off on a subox, was a real winner!

Thanks so much for the welcome and the information all. I've had a look at some of the reviews on the Pico with the melo 2ml tank as well as the Kanger topbox mini, and I'm going for the Pico (Mikes Vape Reviews on YouTube).
Gave Hugo a call from Sir Vape this morning and he was quite helpful so might be getting everything from there since they stock the ceramic coils. Vapeclub however is cheaper with the kit and delivery though, just need to check if they stock the ceramic coils. So this is what I'll be ordering (so far):

1. Eleaf Pico with Melo 3 tank 2ml black kit
2. Samsung 2500 mAh battery
3. Ceramic 0.9ohm coils to try
4. 0.3ohm eleaf melo 2 coil pack
5. Vape Mountain juice

Any other juices you guys recommend? I used to smoke half a pack of Dunhill menthols/Marlboro beyond red per day. Recommendations from the vapeclub or sirvape shops preferably so that I can a single order going.

Thanks!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I would CERTAINLY suggest:

1. Vapour Mountain - XXX
2. Fogg's Famous Sauce - Milky Way
3. Weiner Vape - Fetch
4. Vapour Mountain - Tropical Ice

I would buy 0.9Ω Vaporesso cCell coils only... best flavour on the planet in the Melo III mini.

Back