Nicotine Brands

yaasir

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hello All..

Just wanna find peace of mind.

I've been mixing for a bit now (3+ years), and been making large volumes.. like 2 to 5 litres at a time, mostly make them for friends of mine hence the quantity.

I just wanted to know, are there any difference in brands of nicotine?
Comparing my mix to those that I purchase at the shop, the shops e-juice always gives me a better nicotine throat hit compared to my own.
Mine slightly burns the back of my throat where as the shops juice will give me that satisfying nicotine kick if you know what I mean..
I am aware of the PG having a slightly harsh sensation but also need to be there to not only carry the flavour but as well as decreasing the viscosity of the juice (to thin it a bit)..

I do however use a magnetic stirrer with hotplate to mix my juice, being careful not to heat up the juice and degrade the nicotine and all the other components..

My mixes are mainly 70/30 VG:pG ratio. with nicotine being at 3mg concentration..
I tried decreasing it to 2mg and it helps alot but still not as satisfying as what i get with premium e-juice...

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Yaasir

Strangely, most, if not all, of the reports on here is that DIY nic gives more throat hit. Yes, many say the brand of nicotine makes a difference. Maybe experiment with different brands on a smaller scale. No doubt heat, even low heat, degrades nicotine.

Prime Nic, Gold Nic and there was another from a vendor that I use to buy back in the day but now closed shop..

I like using up all my Nicotine in one go so I prepare volumes of juice enough to finish a bottle of 100ml Nicotine at a time... So as not to store them for too long in the bottles now filled half with air.. I'm guessing Nicotine does have a shelf-life too on its own but once mixed into my juices then I'm not so much worried about storing the juice... as they say, the longer the steep the better the flavour.:)

I have now officially tried all the Nic that blck offers and the last bottle came from Clyrolinx. The only 1 that slightly differed in taste/throathit etc was Prime and for the worse. Will stick to best price going forward...might give the 50/50 VG/PG idea a go next to see if it makes any difference. Are you convinced the difference between your juices and premium lies in the Nicotine @yaasir?

My first bottle came from Vapour mountain 36% vg
second from Skyblue 36% pg
and I can taste the difference don't know if the vg or pg base made the mix more potent
but I prefer Vapour mountain ?
Any ideas ?

and I can taste the difference don't know if the vg or pg base made the mix more potent
Any ideas ?
The PG will have a harder throat hit.

I have now officially tried all the Nic that blck offers and the last bottle came from Clyrolinx. The only 1 that slightly differed in taste/throathit etc was Prime and for the worse. Will stick to best price going forward...might give the 50/50 VG/PG idea a go next to see if it makes any difference. Are you convinced the difference between your juices and premium lies in the Nicotine @yaasir?
Thats what I thought until now you brought it up, perhaps the other ingredients could play a factor in it as well.
I even thought that difference in USP and BP grade PG/VG effected the outcome but then with reading, the only difference was that USP was United States Pharmacopoeia and BP being British Pharmacopoeia.

Any ideas ?
SkyBlue... yeah lol that brings back memories.

Thats what I thought until now you brought it up, perhaps the other ingredients could play a factor in it as well.
I even thought that difference in USP and BP grade PG/VG effected the outcome but then with reading, the only difference was that USP was United States Pharmacopoeia and BP being British Pharmacopoeia.
Is there a flavour that presents itself in all your mixes perhaps? I had a huge problem when I started with some of the top recipies out there. Thought steeping would help but it didn't, bought Smooth additive, also didn't help etc. And it turned out the problem was Sugar Cookie V1.

Is there a flavour that presents itself in all your mixes perhaps? I had a huge problem when I started with some of the top recipies out there. Thought steeping would help but it didn't, bought Smooth additive, also didn't help etc. And it turned out the problem was Sugar Cookie V1.
I wouldn't say it's a flavour but rather a scratchy throat feeling.. it can be unpleasant at times. But will definitely give a chance with different nicotine brands. Just need to finish up these bottles I've got. Bought a 500ml bottle of 100% nicotine that's lasting forever! I stored them in 100ml bottles though so that I work with smaller quantities rather than that big bottle.

Lol I too experienced something like that with a sugar flavour, don't know if it was sugar cookie or brown sugar. It added a very spicy effect to my juice for some reason.. I think I was mixing up Moonsugar at the time.

Lol I too experienced something like that with a sugar flavour, don't know if it was sugar cookie or brown sugar. It added a very spicy effect to my juice for some reason.. I think I was mixing up Moonsugar at the time.
I will bet good money that it was Sugar Cookie. I had to dump so much down the drain the other day it's crazy (also my own fault) but what upset me more about it was the fact that so many recipies uses Sugar cookie and I couldn't mix them. Now I will actually find out what Canolli actually tastes like.

I use Gold Nic from BlckVapour.
As for the throat hit from DIY, yes. If you want 3mg, mix at 1.5 to 2mg.
Spoiler alert: many commercial juices do this too.

Chemically, nicotine salts are quite complicated, but in a basic sense it is a purer form of nicotine similar to what you get from a tobacco leaf.
I have tried Nicotine salts. Salt nic juice is not for everyone, but they offer a very specific vaping solution that can benefit. I use Mr Salt E RY4 with very little throat hit. It's very Effective. This was the brand I tried: - Vaping- Mr Salt E RY4

I use Gold Nic from BlckVapour.
As for the throat hit from DIY, yes. If you want 3mg, mix at 1.5 to 2mg.
Spoiler alert: many commercial juices do this too.
@aktorsyl so if one would want a final hit to stimulate a 12mg juice bud, what would be best nic level as DIY? I ask cos I wanted to make 12mg DIY juice but based on the fact that DIY nic is heavier then then might be too much cos right now 12mg commercial juice is just right for me for MTL.

@aktorsyl so if one would want a final hit to stimulate a 12mg juice bud, what would be best nic level as DIY? I ask cos I wanted to make 12mg DIY juice but based on the fact that DIY nic is heavier then then might be too much cos right now 12mg commercial juice is just right for me for MTL.
@Ruwaid I know you asked @aktorsyl but I might be able to comment.
I was chasing the nic hit that I got from the 20mg Twicp Cue pods, So have been mixing between 8-12mg, I find 8 is the sweet spot with my Siren 2.
For you Id suggest mixing at 5-7mg (with my guess being 5.5mg) to get a similar throat hit compared to a 12mg commercial juice.

@Ruwaid I know you asked @aktorsyl but I might be able to comment.
I was chasing the nic hit that I got from the 20mg Twicp Cue pods, So have been mixing between 8-12mg, I find 8 is the sweet spot with my Siren 2.
For you Id suggest mixing at 5-7mg (with my guess being 5.5mg) to get a similar throat hit compared to a 12mg commercial juice.
I was about to say 8mg for 12, but your experiment seems spot-on. 5-7 should be a good starting point, you can always add a bit more.

I remixed two of my favourites

Decided to add 3mg of gold Nic. Throat hit harshness a b1tch of note. Also it seems I will need to test the theory of it smoothing out after a week of steeping.

So I will report back in a week's time.

Thank you guys @aktorsyl @Dietz
Im sure this might add just a little to this thread as well but what would be a better choice: Gold nic or Prime?
Heard only good things about both but recently is that Prime is not good compared to Gold yet more expensive.

Thank you guys @aktorsyl @Dietz
Im sure this might add just a little to this thread as well but what would be a better choice: Gold nic or Prime?
Heard only good things about both but recently is that Prime is not good compared to Gold yet more expensive.
Of the Two Id definately go with GoldNic, Its a better nic for me and very consistent batches. Primenic is not consistent for me I have 50/50 good/bad experience with Primenic and only good with Gold nic.

I am currently testing CLY nic and must say so far its very similar to GoldNic, but stil prefer gold nic

Back