Nitecore charging from a powerbank?

Justink

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi all

Think this one would be for the tech fundis...
I have a 10000mAh powerbank, would it be possible to charge 18650s on a Nitecore charger? (I would obviously need to try get a cable made up though)

Sent from my D2403 using Tapatalk

No it will not work. The Nightcore charger has a 12V DC input (as well as the 230V AC) and a powerbank is normally a 5V DC output

Nitecore UM20 is your answer sir - no need to make up a cable. The UM20 has a lead with Male USB plug and I assume your powerbank has a female USB socket.

Just check what your current and voltage output is of your powerbank though and make sure it falls within the input parameters of the charger. Although I assume it should be somewhere around 5V 0.5A which is absolutely fine.

I am unsure of the "I" and "D" Nitecore input requirements but highly doubt you could accomplish much from USB or Powerbank power output without "stepping up" the voltage/current. Will have a look when I get a gap.

Be prepared for warranty repairs on that UM20 or possibly not it might be from a new batch. I know that my local retailer had a 6 or 7 out of 10 failure rate about 2 months ago.

Hi all

Think this one would be for the tech fundis...
I have a 10000mAh powerbank, would it be possible to charge 18650s on a Nitecore charger? (I would obviously need to try get a cable made up though)

Depends which model you have, both my i20 and D4 are 12v dc in, other than the standard ac jack

Thanks guys.
Both my Nitecores are 12V Dc

Was looking for a charging solution for situations where one would be without electricity, especially when out camping for extended periods of time, which we do quite frequently. Was going to look at a solar charging solution as well if you guys have any ideas...

I would rather plug my mod directly into the power bank via the supplied USB cable. I think that might work better, especially the single battery and built in type.

Was looking for a charging solution for situations where one would be without electricity, especially when out camping for extended periods of time, which we do quite frequently. Was going to look at a solar charging solution as well if you guys have any ideas...

I run mine off a deep cycle battery and a 35W solar panel that I use as backup for the house, not too practical in terms of size for camping.
You need something capable of running 1amp for 5hrs and then a solar panel to match, so something in the 55w range, pretty much like a car battery.

Thanks guys

Back