Nitecore Intelli-charger Issues

Mklops

Guy on the end of the Vape cloud
LV

Awards
Hey guys!

Having some problems with my i2 charger that I hoped someone can shed some light on...

I bought the charger on saterday from the Centurion eciggies agent along with a phillips 18650 and 18350 battery for my svd, since then all has been fine with it while charging a single battery (As I was always using one in my device).

Yesterday I bought myself an additional 18350 and 18650 battery but when I put two batteries into the charger, they charge for maybe a minute and the device seems to overheat and short or something similar as the blinking charge indicaters just go completely dead!

Has anyone else had this problem? Im thinking of taking it back but dont want to look like a fool before Ive exhausted the resources available to me...

Any help on this would be gratly appreciated!

If you are putting them in the right way around with the bigger capacity battery in the first port and the smaller capacity one in the second port, there should not be a problem.

Thats how I had them in last night I think, the samsung 18650 (pink one that comes with eVic-Was no markings to indicate but I assume that the side with the larger metal exposed is the negative as per the 18350 markings) in the left and 18350 in the right.

Could it be that you might be mixing protected and non protected cells in the same charger? Thats about the only thing I can think of.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

There is no indication of protected or unprotected on the batteries, how? would I know

Sent via harnessing the power of the moon's gravitational pull

Try 1'st to charge one-by-one; that will show if it's a battery that's faulty, if not, and it still heats up then it's the charger, if so take back for replacement. (If you have a multimeter; remove batteries and test the DC-Voltage of the charger - should be 4.23V).

Thanks for the advice Johan, it is as I assumed then the charger is screwed as when I charge singles it works fine (charged my one dead 18350 last night). Quite disappointed on that, hope I don't pick up issues with the replacement thereof...

Hope you come right, if the vendor gives you hassles expose him on this thread - if they can't replace immediately I can help you out with a charger (for free).

Man this is concerning as I have ordered myself a Nitecore I2 as well from eciggies..

Thanks Johan, will keep you guys updated! Really hoping that it will come through, I think I might call him now to make him aware that im coming tonight

I unfortunately don't have the battery with me, but I'm almost sure it is unprotected.. anyone with an evic that can shed some light on this subject?

Agreed with johan bhaz, no problem with the charger itself but I am also just under the impression it is a dud, just spoke with Langies (Centurion agent of eciggies) he said no problems, I can bring it through and check it out and if it's screwed they do have an exchange policy so should be all sorted!

Agreed with johan bhaz, no problem with the charger itself but I am also just under the impression it is a dud, just spoke with Langies (Centurion agent of eciggies) he said no problems, I can bring it through and check it out and if it's screwed they do have an exchange policy so should be all sorted!

Met this specific man once, bought my very first kit from him - he surely gave me an impression of an honourable guy.

Very nice guy, he is my main supplier at this stage and from my impressions he is very honest, gives you his advice and at times it has been to my benefit as a user rather than to his as a salesman which I find a very honourable trait. Would recommend them anytime

Met this specific man once, bought my very first kit from him - he surely gave me an impression of an honourable guy.

Are you in the surrounding areas johan? From your username I assumed capetown...

No I'm in Pretoria (East) :)

Nice! Think we should start a pta vape meet aswell!...when and if we get enough pta support!:p

Johannesburg is a stone throw away so no problem to meet with them. I assume you know about the next meet; 5 April 2014 somewhere between JHB & PTA?

I have heard yes, unfortunately I not gonna be around for it though, I have a wedding on that weekend

Back