Noob Mistakes!

Mufasa

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
I am almost 2 months down this vaping trip and just want to let other noobs know what mistakes I made on my journey. The most important thing so far has been good quality devices. I have the MVP and mPT3, but being curious, I have spent money on inferior batteries, clearomisers and juice. What an idiot!!! I cannot stress this enough. Buy the best quality gear you can and try and stick to tried and tested brands. Stick to the gear being discussed on this forum. So far I have bought a cheap VV battery and after 2 weeks had to bin it. I bought various clearomisers other than the known brand names and those have also been binned. I have tried rebuilding the coils on these cheap tanks, but they work for a day and then just stops and leaks like a sieve. With money spent on all this crap, I could have bought a Reo or 2 more MVP's with mPT3's and be the happiest vaper on the planet. Duh!!!
None of the items I purchased were from vendors on this forum. Stick to the vendors used by forum members as it will save you a lot of money in the long run. Yesterday was the first time in 2 months that I got so frustrated that I got close to throwing in the towel on vaping. Don't let this happen to you as going back to cigarettes should not be an option.

And when you get a new Aerotank make sure there is a coil in before you refill and turn it right side up

And when you get a new Aerotank make sure there is a coil in before you refill and turn it right side up
Did that with my mPT2 once, luckily it was a new juice I was testing, so didn't fill her up all the way

And when you are removing your bottom coil clearo from your battery, grip it at the bottom of the clearo when twisting.
Dont look at your computer monitor and absent mindedly turn it in the middle, then look down only to notice that you now have the top half in your hand, juice all over your desk and the bottom piece still connected to the battery. :oops:

And when you are removing your bottom coil clearo from your battery, grip it at the bottom of the clearo when twisting.
Dont look at your computer monitor and absent mindedly turn it in the middle, then look down only to notice that you now have the top half in your hand, juice all over your desk and the bottom piece still connected to the battery. :oops:

Ooooo we have ALL done this MULTIPLE times! :confused:

Been there, done that :blush:

Don't need a cheap clearo to do it ;)
My russian is also a little risky can also unscrew the wrong bits :) 5ml of juice to spill :D

Damn right. Thanks for the post Mufasa, a few friends of mine are new to vaping and I'll point them in this thread's direction. ;)

Does anyone here use https://www.kandypens.com? What do you think?

Last edited:
I got home Saturday night after one to many I wont lie and I decided in my otherwise not so thoughtful state to fill my tank, which went down without an problems. I then decided lets take the tank off the battery to charge it.....Guess who unscrewed the wrong part...yeah I somehow managed to miss spilling all over the battery but left the open tank on my desk and had to sit and clean that the next morning:rain:

lol @Baverz i wanted to downvote you, but i wont leave negative rep.

Broken tank is punishment enough

Do you atleast have a head to vape?? :( :(

Got my old twisp one not sure if that will work?

You have a twisp and a VV spinner?
Just start at the lowest Voltage and work your way up a little, be carefull not to burn the coil, it might take 2 or 3 hits before you notice the voltage should not go higher. Gentle steps ;)

Yes I've got both.. Had the twisp for some time now..
Will try it out

I've cracked my mpt3 :(
That is horrible, happened to me once and have not been without spare glass since. Of course, have not broken a glass either since! The new Aerotank Mini comes with a stainless steel tank, which is quite handy.

My biggest noob mistake was not turning off my device when I wasn't using it. iClear 16D tank in sy moer. :confused:

IMG-20140725-WA0002.jpg

Mixing some juice so i set Juice Me Up for 25ml juice in that dark blue bottles. Adding PG VG and concentrate and all of a sudden my table is full of juice. Only to realize that is a 20ml bottle and not 30ml as i thought

i am tired of buying of buying bit n pieces, next month I am getting a mvp 2, vtr or svd. gonna aslo get a russian 91%. Should be a pro setup with 30g kanthal and cotton. Then all I have to worry about is juice.

Last edited:
And what you are buying next... lol

Back