Noob Question's

crack2483

Sir Vape-A-Lot
LV

Awards
Hi guys, so I hope I can get some answers here. Honestly haven't searched the entire forum so I home i'm not asking questions that have been answered a million times already.

Obviously all answers are going to be personal opinion but please share.

I'm still on stinkies, what juice best replaces the regular cig tobacco taste?

I smoke about 20-30 cigs a day, how much juice am I going to be using?

I'll add more questions as they come up.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I think most vapers initially want to replace the taste of tobacco in stinkies with something that resembles that taste in vaping.

Some find a suitable alternative. Others search for a long time. No reason why you need to replace the taste. There are so many other flavours. But i fully understand that initially you want to replicate the smoking.

For me the juice that I have found most closely resembles a tobacco that tastes good and is locally available is the Liqua Cuban Cigar Tobacco in 18mg strength. I know eciggies.co.za stocks it. It costs R120 for 30 ml.

I think most vapers end up using between 3 to 6 ml per day. I use about 5 ml per day.

My advice to you is dont put any pressure on yourself to stop the real cigs. Just experiment with the vaping and try find a vaping setup that you really enjoy. If you do, your amount of real cigs you smoke will come down. Took me 9 days to get off stinkies and i didnt really try hard. But for some it takes longer. Dont stress. Even another 3 months of 5 real stinkies a day is a massive improvement.

All the best

@crack2483 I can only advise on my brief experience; to date I haven't find any e-juice that can replace the stinkies pertaining to taste, the so called Marlboro etc equivalents was beyond disgusting and I immediately mixed it up with Menthol just to be able to inhale. I found that the nicotine content was and still is the most important for me. I suggest you start with 24mg (or some e-juice will specify 2.4%). Try as many e-juices you can, some suppliers will even let you taste before you buy. Next important thing; ween yourself slowly from the stinkies and don't be to hard on yourself. Some people can stop immediately and just vape, I couldn't and set myself a target of 1 month, however by day 5 I was satisfied with vape only.

@crack2483 My suggestion is to try some Menthol flavour first - it's the easiest to vape as you would have done this in the past (like with a Hall's lozenge). I tried GreenSmoke Menthol before I quit, and immediately it dropped my tobacco consumption, and I've never smoked Menthol.

I too find tobacco flavour juice unpleasant, but I've only tried a few - it reminds me too much of smoking! The initial thought of 'smoking' Vanilla or fruit seemed weird, but once you get your head around the fact you're not smoking the stuff, it's great.

You need to find a flavour you can vape - once you are getting enough nicotine this way you'll find you'll crave the stinkies less, then you can try other flavours. Pretty soon the taste of a stinky becomes so bad you won't be able to smoke, and you'll have started your vaping journey!

Well said @360twin - agree with you 100% - especially the point of finding juices you can vape and like vaping. That is crucial.

@360twin you put it so ON-THE-SPOT! I only now start to enjoy certain tobacco flavours, but only with certain drinks like a good brandy or cognac. In the beginning it was stuff like cherry and menthol that helped me to get off the stinkies.

For me it was a mix of Twisp's Polar Mint and their Rebel (Red Bull) juice that got me off the stinkies. I still like it today and have it in a Twisp device at all times. Probably only a few puffs on it a day - more for sentimental reasons. LOL.

My initial tobacco experiences were not good (various Hangsen and eCiggies branded ones). Just didn't like the taste at all.

I have found great pleasure with various Vapour Mountain flavours - and the occasional dripping indulgence on Five Pawns.

I have a few hunts still going on:
- tobacco is starting up again - with @TylerD - our group buy from Heathers - and amazing help from @Matthee
- coffee - this one is not proving as easy as I'd hoped. I liked the Synfonya, but eCiggies has discontinued it. Other coffees I have tried are not great. TopQ coffee is nice. But I am looking for something strong. And locally available, preferably. I fear I may have to venture across the ocean for this too....

This will be an expensive exercise. Don't know of any local places that sell juice in this part of the country. In East London.

@crack2483 , Vapour mountain's delivery to your door is fast and only R35 ! contact @Oupa and get a few ml of each flavour. If you really in a hurry Speed Services is running a special at the moment for only R69 24h delivery.

This will be an expensive exercise. Don't know of any local places that sell juice in this part of the country. In East London.

Not unusual - I think most of us buy on-line, but with a bit of reading up you can avoid buying stuff you won't like (well, mostly ...)

You never mentioned what equipment you are using - have you bought an e-cig yet, or still considering it? You can get a lot of good advice here if you need, which can also save you some $$

Not unusual - I think most of us buy on-line, but with a bit of reading up you can avoid buying stuff you won't like (well, mostly ...)

You never mentioned what equipment you are using - have you bought an e-cig yet, or still considering it? You can get a lot of good advice here if you need, which can also save you some $$

No, don't have one yet. Am looking at buying from vapeking. The pro kit but they don't have stock. So now thinking of going mvp 2.0. Obviously want to have some juice though when I get it.

This tank is apparently very good, and cheap. I have this one, and you'll find lots of good opinions about it. You'll need two batteries, and these come highly recommended from others. There's nothing wrong with an mvp, it just depends on your budget. The links above are for a dealer I have dealt with a lot and he has stock, but there are other sources obviously. VapeKing may be able to advise when they will have stock - they're on this forum.

Just to re-iterate what was said above. I initially thought a tobacco flavour would be a must. It turned out not to be pleasant at all and feels like a sub-par substitute. Don't be afraid to experiment with flavours. My first order from @Oupa / Vapour Mountain included Choc-Mint. The first taste was terrible. Now that I have finished the 10ml bottle I am missing it.

What also worked well for me was to have 2 tanks available and alternating between a strong flavour like Choc-Mint or TopQ Coffee and a subtle flavour like VM's Peach Rooibos. Drink lots of water and if flavours start becoming muted, rinse your mouth with some Listerine.

So true @Rex_Bael - on keeping two tanks with two totally different types of flavour.

I find a sweetish flavour in one tank and a sour flavour in another works quite nicely.

Then a sweetish flavour in one tank and a tobacco of sorts in another

When you get tired of vaping one flavour, you switch to the other. Also helps me with tasting the flavours.

I agree 100% on drinking water - my 1.5 litre refillable bottle is always on my desk

Thanks for the responses so far guys. Also another question, and this one will vary, how often do you have to replace parts like battery, coils etc?

Coils: I replaced one after a month because I noticed a drop in taste; maybe all it needed was a good clean, but I've kept it for rebuilding. Batteries are rated for somewhere around 400 re-charges, so maybe 9 months at 2 re-charges a day. YMMV :p

Edit: my experience is with EVOD and mini Pro Tank 2 tanks (both the same single coils). My EVOD Twist 650mAh usually needs two charges a day, the Innokin itaste VV 800mAh generally needs one (three to four 1.5ml tanks a day).

Last edited:
Battery: you will notice the taste or vape flavour if you battery is flat on a mech mod. If on electronic mod it will not fire when battery is too flat. It seems most people get about a day's vaping out of a 18650 battery, it all depends how much you vape. Batteries on average should last you about a year+ before they can't charge to full capacity, then you just chuck them away.

Coils: depends on type of juice and if you clean and dry burn them regularly. Sweet fruity juice tends to gunk up coils quicker. If you use wicking material like cotton, change them with each juice refill.

I'm sure a lot of other more experienced vapers will add what I've missed.

So I ordered the MVP 2.0 laser black from vapeking and a couple of juices from vapour mountain. Now its the wait :D will probably have a ton more questions when I get them.
Thanks again guys.

So I ordered the MVP 2.0 laser black from vapeking and a couple of juices from vapour mountain. Now its the wait :D will probably have a ton more questions when I get them.
Thanks again guys.

Awesome, keep us updated.

You won't be sorry! What tank are you putting on the MVP? I guess the one it comes with?

You won't be sorry! What tank are you putting on the MVP? I guess the one it comes with?

Yea for now. Going to have to wait for payday to start adding extras. What would you guys recommend?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back