Noobie Questions

Braki

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
I've been sitting here thinking of all the things I want to ask. Then it goes out the door, but now I need to start otherwise I may just mess this up for myself. Sorry for the long post.

Gear:

1. Smok X8 Kit with the TFV8 X-Baby Tank
1.1 Can I use any other TFV8 type tank on the battery?
1.2 Can I clean out the coils to reuse?
1.3 Can I rebuild the coils?
1.4 If I want to change flavor do I just use all the liquid in the tank and then throw in the
new fluid, or do I clean it out first?
1.5 Can I only charge on my laptop or is a battery pack ok? I only have Samsung phone
chargers and read that they are to "quick" on the charge.
1.6 What is a save refill level? The review videos I have watched does not show this.

2. Joyetech eGo AIO
2.1 Can I clean out the coils for reuse?
2.2 Can I rebuild the coils?
2.3 The charger that came with it does not want to work. (I'm not going to complain and send it
back, courier and all the hassles) Can I use the charger of the Stick X8 and via my laptop?

I found the Joyetech 0.6oHm pulls better on the lungs than the Smok's 0.25oHm. Am I right in saying that the 0.6 gives more resistance and therefore the pull is "tighter"? Coughing my lungs out with the first two pulls on the Smok. Will this get better with time? I gave the Joyetech to my husband to use as he is struggling more than me and he finds it easier on his lungs. Thinking of buying another Joyetech so that I can enjoy the vaping more for the beginning. I love the Smok. Its just the first pull :facepalm:

What would be a good upgrade that any tank will fit on? I really don't want 6 different packs with each 6 different tanks or so. My brain says 1 pack with 2 tanks. For flavor changing.

Juices:

I'm going the DIY route as I don't want to buy shares in The Courier Guy.

Yes I have read all the DIY's and watched videos. But my brain is not geared for this. Even when baking I need the precise recipe otherwise I don't do it. I just need the basic understanding and explanation. My husband usually gets all worked up when I tell him to show me. I need to see it to understand.

1. How do you figure out the ratio of flavor to use? So I have 36mg/ml 100%PG nicotine and then the PG and VG. I want to use tobacco, vanilla and coffee as flavors. Do you start off with 0.5% on each and after mixing you test and then just add in afterwards? Or do you have to remix everything and increase with each new tester? If adding in won't it increase the volume that you make. Do you adjust the recipe accordingly and then you will get the new %'s for the nicotine, pg and vg?

2. I want to buy the concentrates from Clyrolinx. For a beginner I don't want to spend 100's on the good stuff for in case I mess the mixes up. But now Clyrolinx has got flat names. Like Espresso Coffee or just cream. Now the recipe says some extravagant cream name. Will the cream work? Will I get the flavor that is supposed to kinda work? I have seen that some liquids are more concentrated than others. So you use less of the more concentrated. (This kinda worked the same in the mixing of fishing mooties) Hope this makes sense.

I'm going to stop here for now. There is so many other things going through my brain about this whole topic. o_O

Will be getting my first RTA this week sometime from @BumbleBee. Looking forward to building it. Already warned hubby his 2mm and 6mm drill bits may go missing . I've decided to hang tight on the DIY juices. First want to find my liquid of choice. Ordered some other flavors so will decide then. Found on the X8 I refill twice a day so 30ml will last a week maybe shorter.

Also got a Pico with the RTA from @BumbleBee. So going to maybe find my sweet spot now when I can regulate the heat and flow.

Will give feedback as soon as I have everything and ready to vape the Pico

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk

Will be getting my first RTA this week sometime from @BumbleBee. Looking forward to building it. Already warned hubby his 2mm and 6mm drill bits may go missing . I've decided to hang tight on the DIY juices. First want to find my liquid of choice. Ordered some other flavors so will decide then. Found on the X8 I refill twice a day so 30ml will last a week maybe shorter.

Also got a Pico with the RTA from @BumbleBee. So going to maybe find my sweet spot now when I can regulate the heat and flow.

Will give feedback as soon as I have everything and ready to vape the Pico

6mm is a bit hectic, grab his 2, 2.5, 3 and 3.5mm bits. Those are the classic sizes. Or just invest in a recoiling kit, they are cheap and worth every cent.

Regards

I think your vape is too hot or too low.
I tend to think it too hot.if you don't have a variable device try a higher coil but first let me ask are you vaping mtl or dl
@Resistance dont laugh I've been sitting for 30 mins trying to figure out if I'm MTL or DL. Even took a pull from a siggies to figure out eeeuuuwww. Sometimes it feels like it goes straight to my lungs other times my mouth first cause I get the taste of the liquid better. I dunno what I'm doing hahaha

@Resistance dont laugh I've been sitting for 30 mins trying to figure out if I'm MTL or DL. Even took a pull from a siggies to figure out eeeuuuwww. Sometimes it feels like it goes straight to my lungs other times my mouth first cause I get the taste of the liquid better. I dunno what I'm doing hahaha

Dont worry @Braki
I was a MTL vaper for about a year and a half. Didnt like lung hits at all
Then @Alex got me into lung hits and i still resisted
But when i tried different devices i liked it
Now i am about 50/50 MTL/DL

For me MTL is great with strong tobaccoes for that sharp hard throat hit punch
And then long slow restricted lung hits for fruity menthols
But sometimes i get confused. Last few months or so I have been enjoying lower strength tobaccoes in lung hit mode.

Its a journey and I am enjoying it. So thats what counts

Then I would say mtl @Braki.
Smoker hardly smoke DL and yes some do.
I also vape mtl and currently I'm asking for advice myself from @Raindance and I have a lot of DL setups but still prefer mtl.
Was vaping tobacco extraction I did myself and it made me slightly crave stinkies.so now I know I need to laymlow on tobacco vapes

Resistance is futile

Don't also be to hasty and jumpnin the wrong side of the pool hey.
Saw you got that pico pack good deal you got as everyone still raves about it. I never had one but I rather got me a few tank atomisers to experiment with and upgraded last week to a keeper

Resistance is futile

Don't also be to hasty and jumpnin the wrong side of the pool hey.
Saw you got that pico pack good deal you got as everyone still raves about it. I never had one but I rather got me a few tank atomisers to experiment with and upgraded last week to a keeper

Resistance is futile
What I figured out now. When the X8 battery starts fading the vape is cooler then I can drag a lot and big drags. I'm loving that feeling. Enjoying the taste and the feel.

My new 3 favorite things
6ece84ddc6574ef86d9c37d7de8463cb.jpg

Then the pico is ideal for you.you can set the heat (wattage)for your preference.and even use the smoke tank on it

Resistance is futile
This is a tank. On a squonk mod.and it works so basically any Atty with the same 510pin will work
acc55d40fefca1adec58cd84d4592a6e.jpg

Resistance is futile

@Braki , you are going to love the Pico, it is one of the most underrated mods out there, but ask anyone that has one if they will sell it and the answer will always be NO. Enjoy it and many happy clouds to you, remember we want a picture!:D

Hi peeps,

Here is a daft new question from another new daft old fart.... What is say, 3mg of nicotine per milliliter? This has always confused the life out of me. The nicotine content is given in weight while the dilutant (I think I spelled that right. but the forum spell checker seems to disagree with me) is given in volume. What does a gram or nicotine in it's purest form weigh? Without knowing that, how can I know what the true percentage of nicotine is in one of my mixes or any premium liquid for that matter? A cigarette box only says 3mg nicotine. 3mg per what? per cigarette? Per box? Per gram?

The reason I ask is because a customer of mine gave up vaping and went back to smoking. He explained that he was vaping 6mg on an E-cigarette where he was only smoking 1.5g of nicotine in a cigarette. He had his mind set on the nicotine instead of the tar and all the other shit in a cigarette that kills people.

So many people are hell bent in believing that it's the nicotine that kills people. I beg to differ and I am looking for a way to prove it.

Hi peeps,

Here is a daft new question from another new daft old fart.... What is say, 3mg of nicotine per milliliter? This has always confused the life out of me. The nicotine content is given in weight while the dilutant (I think I spelled that right. but the forum spell checker seems to disagree with me) is given in volume. What does a gram or nicotine in it's purest form weigh? Without knowing that, how can I know what the true percentage of nicotine is in one of my mixes or any premium liquid for that matter? A cigarette box only says 3mg nicotine. 3mg per what? per cigarette? Per box? Per gram?

The reason I ask is because a customer of mine gave up vaping and went back to smoking. He explained that he was vaping 6mg on an E-cigarette where he was only smoking 1.5g of nicotine in a cigarette. He had his mind set on the nicotine instead of the tar and all the other shit in a cigarette that kills people.

So many people are hell bent in believing that it's the nicotine that kills people. I beg to differ and I am looking for a way to prove it.

@Gandalf Vapes - that is a good question
I don't know why they use a weight measure per volume measure.

(I think the mg and tar measures on a box of cigarettes are per cigarette. I stand to be corrected though.)

Anyhow, tell your customer that its not easy to compare smoking to vaping (from a nicotine absorption point of view). The absorption rates of the two are very different. Smoking usually delivers the nicotine much more effectively and much quicker. Smoke particles are also much smaller than vape particles and this helps them to be absorbed quicker.

The other thing to remember is that smoke from combustible cigarettes contains tar and hundreds of other chemicals, many of which are known carcinogens. You are right, its not the nicotine that kills. Its the tar that lines the lungs and the other chemicals that cause most of the damage.

@Silver Thanks. That is brilliant advice. I will do that the next time I have the opportunity to visit him. Hell, I will even offer to mix him an 18 g/ml nicotine juice if he wants free of charge. He is a very heavy smoker like I was.

Hi peeps,

https://www.nicvape.com/About-Nicotine-Strengths

I think you'll find that very interesting.

@Silver Thanks. That is brilliant advice. I will do that the next time I have the opportunity to visit him. Hell, I will even offer to mix him an 18 g/ml nicotine juice if he wants free of charge. He is a very heavy smoker like I was.

Good stuff
I have found that heavy smokers transitioning to vaping usually do well on a low power MTL device with 18-24mg juice.

@Gandalf Vapes - that is a good question
I don't know why they use a weight measure per volume measure.

(I think the mg and tar measures on a box of cigarettes are per cigarette. I stand to be corrected though.)

Anyhow, tell your customer that its not easy to compare smoking to vaping (from a nicotine absorption point of view). The absorption rates of the two are very different. Smoking usually delivers the nicotine much more effectively and much quicker. Smoke particles are also much smaller than vape particles and this helps them to be absorbed quicker.

The other thing to remember is that smoke from combustible cigarettes contains tar and hundreds of other chemicals, many of which are known carcinogens. You are right, its not the nicotine that kills. Its the tar that lines the lungs and the other chemicals that cause most of the damage.
It does state on cigarette packets taht it is Xmg as per government agreed method. What the government agreed method is and what its result means in the real world is unknown to me.

Regards

Hi peeps,

Show Him/Her the "Hanky" test. : Take a hanky or a white cloth (even a sheet of toilet paper) then draw on a cigarette, place the cloth againt your mouth and blow out through the cloth. The stain will speak for itself.

Show Him/Her the "Hanky" test. : Take a hanky or a white cloth (even a sheet of toilet paper) then draw on a cigarette, place the cloth againt your mouth and blow out through the cloth. The stain will speak for itself.

Agreed @KUDU - that hanky test is something quite unbelievable

Back