Noobie Questions

Braki

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
I've been sitting here thinking of all the things I want to ask. Then it goes out the door, but now I need to start otherwise I may just mess this up for myself. Sorry for the long post.

Gear:

1. Smok X8 Kit with the TFV8 X-Baby Tank
1.1 Can I use any other TFV8 type tank on the battery?
1.2 Can I clean out the coils to reuse?
1.3 Can I rebuild the coils?
1.4 If I want to change flavor do I just use all the liquid in the tank and then throw in the
new fluid, or do I clean it out first?
1.5 Can I only charge on my laptop or is a battery pack ok? I only have Samsung phone
chargers and read that they are to "quick" on the charge.
1.6 What is a save refill level? The review videos I have watched does not show this.

2. Joyetech eGo AIO
2.1 Can I clean out the coils for reuse?
2.2 Can I rebuild the coils?
2.3 The charger that came with it does not want to work. (I'm not going to complain and send it
back, courier and all the hassles) Can I use the charger of the Stick X8 and via my laptop?

I found the Joyetech 0.6oHm pulls better on the lungs than the Smok's 0.25oHm. Am I right in saying that the 0.6 gives more resistance and therefore the pull is "tighter"? Coughing my lungs out with the first two pulls on the Smok. Will this get better with time? I gave the Joyetech to my husband to use as he is struggling more than me and he finds it easier on his lungs. Thinking of buying another Joyetech so that I can enjoy the vaping more for the beginning. I love the Smok. Its just the first pull :facepalm:

What would be a good upgrade that any tank will fit on? I really don't want 6 different packs with each 6 different tanks or so. My brain says 1 pack with 2 tanks. For flavor changing.

Juices:

I'm going the DIY route as I don't want to buy shares in The Courier Guy.

Yes I have read all the DIY's and watched videos. But my brain is not geared for this. Even when baking I need the precise recipe otherwise I don't do it. I just need the basic understanding and explanation. My husband usually gets all worked up when I tell him to show me. I need to see it to understand.

1. How do you figure out the ratio of flavor to use? So I have 36mg/ml 100%PG nicotine and then the PG and VG. I want to use tobacco, vanilla and coffee as flavors. Do you start off with 0.5% on each and after mixing you test and then just add in afterwards? Or do you have to remix everything and increase with each new tester? If adding in won't it increase the volume that you make. Do you adjust the recipe accordingly and then you will get the new %'s for the nicotine, pg and vg?

2. I want to buy the concentrates from Clyrolinx. For a beginner I don't want to spend 100's on the good stuff for in case I mess the mixes up. But now Clyrolinx has got flat names. Like Espresso Coffee or just cream. Now the recipe says some extravagant cream name. Will the cream work? Will I get the flavor that is supposed to kinda work? I have seen that some liquids are more concentrated than others. So you use less of the more concentrated. (This kinda worked the same in the mixing of fishing mooties) Hope this makes sense.

I'm going to stop here for now. There is so many other things going through my brain about this whole topic. o_O

It does state on cigarette packets taht it is Xmg as per government agreed method. What the government agreed method is and what its result means in the real world is unknown to me.
Regards

I believe that the so called government agreement is purely to put warning signs all over the boxes and and show mg nicotine and tar content in....... In.......... I don't know what ratio it would be in, so all in all, those numbers mean absolutely nothing to me. I could say, there is one mg of chlorine in a 1000g bucket of water. Everybody now knows the ratio of chlorine to the volume of water, Now, the cigarette manufacturer says there is 1.5mg of tobacco and 6mg tar. OOh, don't worry about the other toxins tobacco smoke. Don't say what you don't want people to know.

The tar and nicotine figures on cigarette packs became mandatory when cigarette companies started making (often false) claims about their cigarettes having lower tar and nicotine than competing brands. The Federal Trade Commission in the US decided to provide clarity by mandating a test on a smoking machine. It was agreed that it is impossible to assess the nicotine or tar intake per smoker as smoking styles vary too widely for even an 'average' to be meaningful. So the figures are what is filtered/extracted from the smoke when a machine puffs it for a set duration. It is not intended to be an indication of how much tar or nicotine a smoker inhales, it is only a figure to help smokers gauge the difference between various brands. So they will know that a cigarette with a figure of 24mg of tar on the pack has more tar than a cigarette with 18mg of tar on the pack. That is all it indicates, it is not a meaningful figure to assess the total amount of nicotine/tar from a puff or cigarette or pack.

The same applies to e-juice. The 3mg only indicates that the nicotine in the juice has been diluted to 1/333 of its pure form. So comparing nicotine figures on cigarette packs and juice bottles is pointless. It has no relevance to how much total nicotine mass you are inhaling.

If you wish to inform people about the accuracy of nicotine concentration labeling on e-liquids, you can cite the latest study on it. This is the pertinent bit and it is recommended that you learn it by heart so as not to get any of the terminology wrong:

Protonation of the pyrrolidine nitrogen of nicotine molecules by addition of excess hydrochloric acid affords an aminium salt that is readily quantified by Fourier transform ion cyclotron mass spectrometry (FT-ICR-MS). The kinetics of nicotine protonation was studied using 1H NMR spectroscopy. Quantitative analyses of nicotine in commercial e-liquids and in the corresponding derived e-cigarette aerosols were carried out using direct infusion FT-ICR-MS. The 1H NMR study of nicotine protonation revealed a first order reaction and an activation energy of 30.05 kJ mol−1. The nicotine levels measured in the commercial e-liquids were within a wide and highly variable range of −2.94% to +25.20% around the manufacturer’s stated values.

PS. It is also recommended that you only tell this to people over the phone. If you do it in person or on FaceBook, there is a high chance that they will either physically attack you or unfriend you. If you tell them over the phone, the worst that can happen is that they hang up or claim that they lost signal suddenly or ran out of airtime.

If you wish to inform people about the accuracy of nicotine concentration labeling on e-liquids, you can cite the latest study on it. This is the pertinent bit and it is recommended that you learn it by heart so as not to get any of the terminology wrong:

PS. It is also recommended that you only tell this to people over the phone. If you do it in person or on FaceBook, there is a high chance that they will either physically attack you or unfriend you. If you tell them over the phone, the worst that can happen is that they hang up or claim that they lost signal suddenly or ran out of airtime.
Is that one of the pledges you need to take to become a Freemason?

Regards

The tar and nicotine figures on cigarette packs became mandatory when cigarette companies started making (often false) claims about their cigarettes having lower tar and nicotine than competing brands. The Federal Trade Commission in the US decided to provide clarity by mandating a test on a smoking machine. It was agreed that it is impossible to assess the nicotine or tar intake per smoker as smoking styles vary too widely for even an 'average' to be meaningful. So the figures are what is filtered/extracted from the smoke when a machine puffs it for a set duration. It is not intended to be an indication of how much tar or nicotine a smoker inhales, it is only a figure to help smokers gauge the difference between various brands. So they will know that a cigarette with a figure of 24mg of tar on the pack has more tar than a cigarette with 18mg of tar on the pack. That is all it indicates, it is not a meaningful figure to assess the total amount of nicotine/tar from a puff or cigarette or pack.

The same applies to e-juice. The 3mg only indicates that the nicotine in the juice has been diluted to 1/333 of its pure form. So comparing nicotine figures on cigarette packs and juice bottles is pointless. It has no relevance to how much total nicotine mass you are inhaling.
Was actually just waiting for your reply. Thanks @RichJB

Back