Norseman’s Review on the 1928 MTL RDA from Cthulhu

NorsemanReviews

New Vaper
LV

Awards
yBqDqxO.jpg

I received this 1928 MTL RDA free of charge directly from Cthulhu for the purpose of this review. Regardless of this, it will not color my opinion on this review in any way, shape or form.

WNjjvK8.jpg

Packaging
This one comes in a tin can with the name of the RDA on the lid and a drawing of the Cthulhu creature.

SfNPuVl.jpg

When you open it up you will find the RDA in a nice pouch, and underneath that you will find the goodie bag, an extra drip tip, a user manual, and a warranty card with a link to their social media.

DHDL0yB.jpg

The RDA
This is a 2-piece single coil MTL RDA with two posts and a closed off deck kinda, where the juice well is underneath the deck covered by metal and with a couple of holes where you put the wicks down into the juice well.

The reason behind the name 1928 is a story called ”The Call of Cthulhu” published in the American pulp magazine Weird Tales in 1928.

4qvWt2z.jpg

The quality on the 1928 is really good and the machining is flawless. Everything fits together real good and I must say that it does look really good as well. With the longer drip tip you get in the package it might not look as good as it does with the shorter drip tip.

The drip tip size Cthulhu chose to go with on this one is 510 and the ones I have tried do fit nicely on it with no fitting issues at all. Another thing that works good, is the O-rings that actually hold the barrel nicely in place. Not too strong and not too loose.

eNSrEmZ.jpg

The barrel is a one piece thingy, and inside it has a chimney like you see on RTA’s, to make the inside even more reduced to improve the flavor. And from what I have seen it does work as they intended with that solution.

3H2jjbc.jpg

The deck is made for single coil use and it is really easy to build on. The posts have raised parts on both side of the post screws which help out keeping the coil legs in place while you build on it. Another thing is that the deck itself is made as the deck on a RTA, with slots where you tuck the wick in and let it hang down into the deep 8 mm juice well.

2qkVCMv.jpg

If you look at the above pic you see what I mean with the above statement of the deck being made similar to an RTA deck. This solution does actually work really good in cooperation with the chimney that reduces the barrel, making it even smaller and enhancing the overall flavor.

6xqqGxf.jpg

It has a bottom airflow that goes through the closed off deck and post, and comes up directly under the coil helping out with the flavor and a really smooth airflow. The airflow does have a stopper, meaning it will prevent you from going to far on either end. It stops at the smallest hole as well at the biggest hole and it is really smooth to adjust.

The barrel has four different sized air holes going from 0.8 mm up to 2.0 mm and the smallest hole actually makes it pretty restricted, but I don’t think it is restricted enough to suit the hardcore MTL vapers out there.

3r83Gww.jpg

On the largest hole I have no problem to do direct to lung draws and on the smallest air hole I can still do a really restricted direct to lung draw. I think that the hole on the deck where the air comes out under the coil could have been made much smaller to actually restrict it even more.

2yUgRAr.jpg

My overall experince with the 1928 has been a pleasant one, and the vape I have gotten out of it has been good and I have also gotten good flavor out of it. Dripping on it isn’t so easy thanks to the small sized drip tips so you would have to take the barrel off in order to do that. But with that 8 mm deep juice well you don’t have to fill it as often since it will hold a lot of liquid.

Assessment
It is a well made MTL device with nice machining and of high quality. Everything fits together nicely and the O-rings are really good. It does deliver on flavor, meaning that you will get good flavor out of it.

Can I recommend it to others?
If you are a dedicated MTL vaper I think you might enjoy it, even though it could have been a bit more restricted. It is priced really fair and that will make it even more interesting I think.

Pros
Machining
Good flavor
Squonk ready
O-rings
Easy to build and wick
Looks good

Cons
The hole on the deck for the airflow could have been smaller for a more restricted airflow
Perhaps not as restricted as it should be for hardcore MTL vapers

Parameters
Width: 22 mm
Height: 26 mm without drip tip and 37 mm with the short drip tip and 47 mm with the long drip tip
SS, Black

Package includes
1 x 1928 MTL RDA
1 x Squonk pin
2 x Spare post screws
1 x Non squonk pin
1 x Screwdriver
1 x Allen key
Spare O-rings
Manual
Warranty card that you can extend by joining Cthulhu’s social media

You will find it here
1928 MTL RDA for $19.99 at the time I wrote the review.

Thanks for reading this far and Vape on!
Norseman

My Instagram

Wow you know your way around a camera. Excellent review and pics

Back