Norseman’s Review on the Bonza V1.5 RDA from Vandy Vape and The Vaping Bogan

NorsemanReviews

New Vaper
LV

Awards
yBqDqxO.jpg

I received this Bonza V1.5 RDA free of charge directly from Vandy Vape for the purpose of this review. Regardless of this, it will not color my opinion on this review in any way, shape or form.

2ZCUWf5.jpg

Packaging
This came in a sample box that had a sticker on it that says «special for trial-production» and it does also say «sample» several places on it. So the retail package is going to be something we have seen from Vandy Vape before. I will despite that show the box it came in.

WkdxCrv.jpg

The RDA
It is a 24 mm 3-piece RDA, intended for dual coils, made in collaboration between Vandy Vape and The Vaping Bogan, and it is the second Bonza they made together.

GE4EA5c.jpg

The first thought when I open the box is that it is a nice looking RDA with nicely made engravings. The one sent to me is the SS one and the Bogan skull with the crossed mechs is really clean. The pattern on top of the barrel does also look nice and works as a knurling to give you a better grip when adjusting the airflow.

v2GYPAD.jpg

First impression just by looking at it, is that it does look like the old one, but when you take the barrel off, you can see that everything is beefier this time around. Posts are more heavy duty, as well as the clamps.

LOBD9lv.jpg

Another thing is that the bottom part of the barrel hides the deck entirely now, not like on the old one where you could see a small lip of the deck showing underneath the barrel. So now it is one color from top to bottom, no matter which color you go for.

eY8VwkE.jpg

As with the old one this as well is real easy to both build and wick and the coils do sit nice and snug in place. And with a depth of 9 mm, the juice well can hold a fair amount of liquid, which means dripping less often or squonk less.

mZhcD5X.jpg

If you for some reason loosen the post screw too much so that the clamp fall down, the easiest way to get it back in place again is to take that post off of the deck and attach the clamp while it is loose. When that is done, you just put the post back on again and problem solved.

RXiRSBC.jpg

The airflow is basically the same as before with one exception, now you can close it off row by row, from the upper row down to the lower row of air holes. As before you can also close off the whole airflow from the side. And to top it off, the barrel does also have cutouts that correlate to notches on the deck, meaning that you can turn the barrel to make the airflow hit directly on the coils no matter what.

Ps5HNUO.jpg

Another thing with the airflow is that it is buttery smooth, it doesn’t whistle or make any noises at all. Wide open it is a cloud chucker’s dream and closed down it is almost like an open MTL draw.

DQJ8RVt.jpg

As most RDA’s nowadays, this one as well utilizes 810 drip tips and the resin drip tip it comes with is really nice looking. I have tried it with some of the ones I have and they all sit nice and snug on it. It does also come with a black delrin 810 drip tip and a 510 drip tip adaptor. Another thing that's good is the O-rings that hold everything nice and snug.

mJlU6kP.jpg

How does it vape, is something I know you would like to know at this point. Well… it is an upgrade from the old one, no doubt, and it is made better than before. The airflow adjustment now is just peachy and it is real easy to find an airflow setting that suites my vaping style.

One thing that was good on the old one already, was the flavor, and on the 1.5 it might even be a tad better than before. I like how it vapes and the density of the clouds.

Assessment
It is a well built, well machined, good looking RDA that will give you good flavor. It is easy to build and wick and if you are a cloud junkie it will do that for you as well. Overall a really nice RDA from Vandy vape and The Vaping Bogan.

Can I recommend it to others?
If you are into flavor, and nice looking, well built RDA’s, this one is for you. And at the same time it is priced decent as well, which will help out making it even more attractive.

Pros
Machining
Good flavor
Hybrid safe
Squonk ready
O-rings
Easy to build
Looks
Spare clamps

Cons
I have tried to find any actual cons but failed

Parameters
Width: 24 mm
Height: 25.5 mm without the drip tip
Matte Black, SS, Gun Metal, Rainbow, Copper Wrinkle painted black

Package includes
1 x Bonza V1.5 RDA
1 x Resin 810 drip tip
1 x Black 810 drip tip
1 x 510 drip tip adaptor
4 x Spare post screws
1 x Squonk pin
1 x Flathead screwdriver
1 x Allen key
Spare O-rings

You will find it here
Bonza V1.5 RDA

Thanks for reading this far and Vape on!
Norseman

My Instagram

Back