Nothing on Twisp's bully tactics?

• Thread starter wikked
  • Start date
If you're aware, it seems Twisp went full potato and send lawyers letters out to many vendors claiming they now have exclusive,continent wide distribution rights for *all* Joyetech products...
Interesting, does that include the subsidiaries like eLeaf/iSmoka/Wismec?

It's quite obvious to me that Joyetech are going to notice a massive drop in sales of their high end goods. Chinese sales reps (nice ladies and gents who speak English fairly well) are no doubt judged on their sales figures. They will have to say that their eVic sales and so forth are now Zero to South Africa and thanks to shops giving them feedback the word will get back to Joyetech that their agreement has opened the door for other suppliers to get an even bigger part of the South African high end market.

The real losers will be Joyetech. Fact is, there are a number of awesome suppliers out there.

Very amusing thread. I'm running low on popcorn here.

I am a FMCG buyer and see this type of thing often. Every one and his dog is trying to tie down an exclusivity deal with a principle - in this case Joyetech. I am sorry, but the principle is 100% to blame. How can they go into an exclusive deal with Twisp, but still keep supplying Joyetech products to other retailers. Obviously to them a sale is a sale. If Twisp has an exclusivity agreement with Joyetech then Joyetech has to stop supplying the rest of the market. I can't see them doing that, because Twisp only sells a portion of their available range while the rest of the retailers sell a much bigger range of Joyetech products.

@capetocuba mentions parallel imports. I am only aware of one case that ever went to court, where the official agent in SA actually won the case. I think it was a Yamaha audio component and they eventually won the case on the patents of some of the components inside the equipment.

Go look at some of our big retailers and the deals they offer on toiletries, for example. I have been told that up to 30% of the merchandise on their shelves are parallel imports of well know brands - also called arbitrage. If you look at the back of the packaging you will notice that sometimes ingredient lists etc are in different languages. Nothing wrong with the product, but maybe not intended for the SA market. There is also nothing illegal about this. The law is concerned about counterfeit products and not the authentic product. It also seems like the principles are turning a blind eye to this activity. They would rather move the stock than having to write it off.

Just my five cent's worth

Last edited:
Official agents... are kinda nonsense... it stifles competition. Back in the old days we had lots of official agents here.

One of the best things that came out of our economic meltdown and subsequent dollarisation. Was that it created competition. Which drove prices down and made companies more efficient.

The idea of an official agent is like a loophole giving a company a monopoly on a range of products is just not right.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

The irony is I have recommended the ego one to quite a few people and especially those who don't like on line shopping because they can buy their coils and accessories at the local twisp store in Bloem now I will have to find something else to recommend to people so in short a lot of lost sales in coils for twisp.

Lol this wont go far.

Joyetech will screw them soon.You will see a new company emerging soon to replace joyetech product and which will belong to joyetech.

Good old joyetech will be forgotten.Let twisp bask in all their temporary glory.

You will see the same pattern that emerged between twisp and JUstfog,which resulted in Justfog terminating their contract with Twisp.

if you keep a few products,will they spend 30 grand to get an interdict for you to remove the products which you wouldv already sold by then?:)

Now look at that... Twisp removed my original post.

Sorry Joyetech Evic VT owners, and people who have this on back order, or have similar products from Joyetech, looks like you have a problem, and the next answer from Twisp will probably be another lawyer's letter.

As there are so many of us being affected by this, it would have been very simple to at least respond, my query was as a concerned citizen, not as someone trying to smear you.

ScreenShot_20150812110722.jpeg

Ok I cannot understand how they have a case. I am no lawyer. I will explain one example below, and there are many I could list.

Since I can remember there have been grey/parallel imports of hi-fi and TV components. We have authorised agents in this country who would not repair these grey units. Philips were the exception from what I can remember who would repair these grey units. Never once was there any mention that these goods were brought in illegally. They were imported from various agents in the East, sometimes Europe. They were paid for and customs duties, surcharges and VAT were paid. From understanding this, the only gripe Twisp would have would be with Joyetech themselves. Look at America & the UK, the 2 ebay's I frequent. There are tons of products that are imported in a parallel fashion. I'm sure our commercial laws are similar to theirs.

I just posted this on their Facebook page ... can't wait for reply :-D

View attachment 33397

I was thinking exactly the same.

TWISP has no right to go and send letter to vendors. This is a bully tactic at its best..

They should be complaining to JOYTECH. Not the vendors.

If this was effecting me directly, I would have JOYTECH on a skype confrence call immediately, with twisp involved. This is utter nonsense. I hope twisp see their behinds on this one.

Full potato lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Meh, i think it'll be a big huff, but no-ones going to make it stick. one way or another joyetech gear will find its way to market sans twisp involvement...

Got this from the company we get our Joytech stuff from:

My boss came to Joyetech company last day, the news is that TWISP mix the agreement
the agreement is that Joyetech wont sell to other shops in SA, but we agents can do this
Joyetech doesnt limited this
their manager said to my boss we try to get a file from joyetech declaring we sell joyetech products to SA is allowed
is it available if so

Also I know the American Joytech Office is still more than happy to sell to us...

Staying clear for the time being though

Got this from the company we get our Joytech stuff from:

My boss came to Joyetech company last day, the news is that TWISP mix the agreement
the agreement is that Joyetech wont sell to other shops in SA, but we agents can do this
Joyetech doesnt limited this
their manager said to my boss we try to get a file from joyetech declaring we sell joyetech products to SA is allowed
is it available if so

Also I know the American Joytech Office is still more than happy to sell to us...

Staying clear for the time being though

Ye I kinda figured it'd be something like that. In which case nothing really changes.

I just saw the twisp advert on the TV. On ETV.

Lol there's no way to stop grey/parallel imports. Importing and selling joyetech products is perfectly legal. If they do start harrasing vendors a good law firm would win hands down

Back