OBS Engine RTA Wicking Guide

I have the serpent mini 25 and for the life of me can't get the airlock problem to go away. My Engine, on the other hand, performs amazingly. After every fill I so need to turn it upside down and give it a few shakes to get rid of the excess juice, but a few drops is nothing when the rest of the tank vape is so smooth. I love it.

Although this is an old post, I had the exact same issue with my Serpent Mini 25 which i owned for over a year but lately i just could not get the airlock issue sorted and kept getting dry hits. Traded the SM for an OBS Engine and have been very happy so far, Flavor is great and no leaking and easy wicking.

Still want to try out the single coil build as i love single coil but for now the dual coil will do. Single coil just uses so much less battery power.

Rewicked my OBS engine last night for the first time and did it twice and have this weird issue where i can vape but when i pick up the vape again later at times will get like a dry hit, almost like when i fire i get like a mouth full of smoke as if the coils are bone dry, pull a couple of times and then she is operating again.

Will rewick again tonight cause im doing something wrong it seems lol but im sure ill get the hang of it after reading this thread.

Cheers.

Although this is an old post, I had the exact same issue with my Serpent Mini 25 which i owned for over a year but lately i just could not get the airlock issue sorted and kept getting dry hits. Traded the SM for an OBS Engine and have been very happy so far, Flavor is great and no leaking and easy wicking.

Still want to try out the single coil build as i love single coil but for now the dual coil will do. Single coil just uses so much less battery power.

Rewicked my OBS engine last night for the first time and did it twice and have this weird issue where i can vape but when i pick up the vape again later at times will get like a dry hit, almost like when i fire i get like a mouth full of smoke as if the coils are bone dry, pull a couple of times and then she is operating again.

Will rewick again tonight cause im doing something wrong it seems lol but im sure ill get the hang of it after reading this thread.

Cheers.
What cotton are you using, first time ever dry hit on the Skyclone last night, not through the juice control being closed, but was trying out CB Prime. :confused: Seems it is better suited for dripper maybe, but I’m sticking to Royal or Jellyfish, although soft and tears of more easily, less wicking power seems to be better, maybe the tails are too thick for it to wick properly as it swell majorly. I tried it in the Beserker and it actually stuffs up the airflowdue to swelling. Will see if it other cotton makes a difference. 8--)

What cotton are you using, first time ever dry hit on the Skyclone last night, not through the juice control being closed, but was trying out CB Prime. :confused: Seems it is better suited for dripper maybe, but I’m sticking to Royal or Jellyfish, although soft and tears of more easily, less wicking power seems to be better, maybe the tails are too thick for it to wick properly as it swell majorly. I tried it in the Beserker and it actually stuffs up the airflowdue to swelling. Will see if it other cotton makes a difference. 8--)

Currently giving Cotton candy (The Cotton Candy Collection Net wt.07 OZ) a try...not sold on it yet, have always used Cotton bacon and always worked....maybe its this cotton candy thats the issue im recently having with my dry hits...lol

I've been using Cotton Bacon since the dawn of man in both drippers and tanks and I can guarantee that you should be able to get great performance out of it regardless of the application, BUT (there's a but?), I have learned through many a burnt wick that even if you run the exact same coils in a dripper and tank (for instance, I run VV NI80 fused clapton, 6 wrap, 8mm ID), the strip/roll/thread of cotton used in the tank should be around half the thickness of that of the dripper AND fluffing the ends will make your life way easier. I never get dry hits or burnt wicks anymore. Just awesomeness :)

Quick update, opened up the OBS and thinned the ends of the wicks and it seems to have resolved the issue, thing is working like a charm! Seems like i put more wick on the one coil

Did a single coil build and it works great, flavor is much better. Been using this coil for a couple of weeks now. No pics of the wick but you split the ends and put them in the juice wells. Doubt ill go back to dual build again.
7608af8c46e6e647043395e921e4963e.jpg
9838224f553f97c7e8334b6ff76d9cf8.jpg
03855c0dd7771929d9bdca856f086f83.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Did a single coil build and it works great, flavor is much better. Been using this coil for a couple of weeks now. No pics of the wick but you split the ends and put them in the juice wells. Doubt ill go back to dual build again.
7608af8c46e6e647043395e921e4963e.jpg
9838224f553f97c7e8334b6ff76d9cf8.jpg
03855c0dd7771929d9bdca856f086f83.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
I my opinion you don’t need a dual coil build with the OBS Engine, a single coil gives you everything that you need, flavour, cloud, and reasonable consumption. And it is very forgiving, an absolute pleasure to build and work on. That is one of the main reasons I will treasure my Nano’s and keep them even if I MTL most of the time. I also need a cloud ever so often! Many happy clouds to you.:D

Back