Odin review

Marzuq

Goofy Guru
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Here is a very simple but hopefully helpful review.
Please keep in mind that i am doing a comparison to atties i have used...
Atomic, Magma, Dark Horse, TobH

First some pics
20150113_142109.jpg
20150113_142621.jpg
20150113_142740.jpg
20150113_142817.jpg
20150113_143003.jpg

The Build:
24 guage kanthal
9 wraps
2mm ID
0.29ohm
Rayon Wick
Odin powered by the SMPL sporting a samsung 25R battery fully charged

The look of the odin is beautiful. I quite like the shorty drip tip. Its fits the smpl nicely and is alot shorter than the other atties o habve mounted on there, so a nice stealthy look to it. I very much like that.

At 0.29ohm i expected a hot vape so i was happily surprised to find out that the vape was just nice and warm. Thats a win for me.

The throat hit using a 6mg nic juice was a little harsh. This could be as a result of the small air flow holes and the fact that when coiling and wicking the air flow holes in my opinion is designed to be blocked by your cotton. I cant take too many toots before i feel that silver coming on though. I Do however need to drop my nic when i drip. So this is an easy fix.

The flavour was a major disappointment. This is the same build i used in my dark horse that i tested side by side with the odin. The flavour is very burnt. I couldnt taste the actual juice flavour. Most disappointed about this part.

Vapour production was ok. Id rate it average vapour. Nothing to right home about or be impressed with. I would however not be too concerned about this had the flavour been great.

Ive tried this same build but using a 3mm ID to hopefully bring out some more flavour. I am getting frustrated with the ramping time on this build so ill be going to get me a 2.5mm drill bit and see if i can get a response more suitable out of that build..

Thanks for sharing your thoughts @Marzuq

From my experience. A 3mm ID is way too big to comfortably fit into the Odin.

I see you have the leg of each coil wrapped around the closer post. Try wrapping the legs on the further post. This will help created some space between that cotton and the side of the juice well.

This should also change the position of the cotton in relation to the airhole so that it can better line up with the coil.

I find that for me, the best, most flavoursome build is a dual 26g on a 2.5 ID using anywhere between 7 - 9 wraps.

Also try tilting the coil so it sits at an angle and see if this helps.

Have a look at my 26g build
78f8ad15d7751c594a3e4c69b9d918f4.jpg

Thanks for the advice @Yiannaki
I will definitely give this a go when i get home later this evening. However i do not have any 26g left so will go either 24g or 28g depending on the mood

Thank you for your impressions. The Odin has given bf users all over the world a flavourful vape. Maybe try a vertical build or tilt the coils to avoid the wicking obstructing the air slits? They also recommend that one has the coils closer to the post and away from the air slits to avoid leaking. Here is my build in the Odin:

J4601eX.jpg

Thanks @Andre. your build looks good. What guage kanthal and what ID did you use in your build?

Thanks for the advice @Yiannaki
I will definitely give this a go when i get home later this evening. However i do not have any 26g left so will go either 24g or 28g depending on the mood

I have a 24G, 9 wrap, 2.5 ID on a reo at home. Will share some pics with you tonight bud :)

@Yiannaki i thought i had all the gadgets in my kit that i needed for proper config as i thought i knew what i liked lol.
Truth is that every atty is different and what works in one may not yield the same result in the next.
Time to invest in more bits and pieces so i can expand my coil building options

What i find interesting about vaping is that each atty is like its own journey!

Took me months to fine tune my RM2 atties
- best coil for fruity juices at lowish power
- best coil for tobacco juices that thump
- best positions for flavour and throat hit

And thats just the Rm2, which is a fairly simple atty.
i have spent hours and hours testing and buillding with loads of different wires, wicks and juices.

Getting a new atty feels like it could just be the whole process all over again
In many ways it is very interesting and fun, but it can take up a huge amount of time to get it right to ones preference

And after much testing and time, one often discovers there is another atty that is just much better and easier. Lol

What i find interesting about vaping is that each atty is like its own journey!

Took me months to fine tune my RM2 atties
- best coil for fruity juices at lowish power
- best coil for tobacco juices that thump
- best positions for flavour and throat hit

And thats just the Rm2, which is a fairly simple atty.
i have spent hours and hours testing and buillding with loads of different wires, wicks and juices.

Getting a new atty feels like it could just be the whole process all over again
In many ways it is very interesting and fun, but it can take up a huge amount of time to get it right to ones preference

And after much testing and time, one often discovers there is another atty that is just much better and easier. Lol
couldnt agree with you more...

Back