OFRF Gear 24mm RTA

I wasn't gonna get it because I'm not a fan of small RTA's... but if Jai says he likens it to the Taifun then it must have really impressed him! I don't like the look of it either... but if it's a Chinese tank that has really good flavour then I need to play with it!

Dibs lol

I was interested in is whether it was better than the juggerknot, thanks. Waiting on comparison between the Juggerknot and elevate.

@Rob Fisher, hows the elevate compared to the Juggerknot. Mines only coming tomorrow

I would say the Juggerknot Mini is the best of the bunch.

I was interested in is whether it was better than the juggerknot, thanks. Waiting on comparison between the Juggerknot and elevate.

@Rob Fisher, hows the elevate compared to the Juggerknot. Mines only coming tomorrow
@Rafique i decided to give the Elevate a skip, for no other reason then I was’nt digging the Matt coating plus I already have a excellent top airflow RTA.

At least Rob has confirmed that the Juggerknot Mini is ahead.

Last edited:
@Rafique i decided to give the Elevate a skip, for no other reason then I was’nt digging the Matt coating and I already have a excellent top airflow RTA.

At least Rob has confirmed that le Juggerknot Mini is ahead.

I take Robs word for it, only problem I have with the Juggerknot is the top fill. It's the only rta I use since I got it.

I do need another top fill rta and the elevate seems to be what I need, how's th OFRF rta on refill?

One common problem I always have with bottom airflow is leaking on refill.

I take Robs word for it, only problem I have with the Juggerknot is the top fill. It's the only rta I use since I got it.

I do need another top fill rta and the elevate seems to be what I need, how's th OFRF rta on refill?

One common problem I always have with bottom airflow is leaking on refill.
So far no leaking on the OFRF Gear, it’s a GTA style deck and for me they tend to be less leaky.Refilled twice now, 228 puffs in and enjoying it.

Top fill is good, has the largest fill ports I have every seen on a RTA.

So far no leaking on the OFRF Gear, it’s a GTA style deck and for me they tend to be less leaky.Refilled twice now, 228 puffs in and enjoying it.

Top fill is good, has the largest fill ports I have every seen on a RTA.

Will let you fiddle with it abit more and let me know, I haven't bought Vape gear in a while and the elevate just broke my record so if u intend of keeping it, il check which vendors stock it.

I does need more figuring out. I know how the coil works that I have in there, going to play around with the wicking first, might have to much stuffed into the ports. Wicking is keeping up just fine, but you never know. Also want to try a 2.5mm Coil or a coil at 0.40 to 0.50 ohm.

I’ve changed to another non menthol fruity flavoured juice and must say it’s a whole bunch better on the flavour side now. Was expecting Ammit like flavour, similar style deck. Happy to reports that it is much much much better than the Ammit.

I’m really impressed with this little tank, it’s a keeper for me.

Last edited:
Thanks for your initial impressions and follow up commentary @CaliGuy
I enjoy reading it
this kind of feedback helps a lot

Quick update on the GEAR RTA. Been using it for a few days now and can say I am totally impressed with this tank.

On my initial first impressions something was a little off as I wasn’t to happy with the vape I was getting and felt things could be improved. The vape did improve slightly once the new coil and wick had settled (Coil Factor Amplified Alien @ 0.30 ohm)

Yesterday I decided to pop in a Smilely Kumeenit #5 Framed Stapled Alien @ 0.40 ohm and rewicked with TFC Elite.

62D3F540-0E15-4866-BB34-3F33E67DBC58.jpeg

All I can say is WOW, that’s more like it. The flavour I’m getting off this RTA is excellent, especially on desert style eLiquids. Been vaping my favourite Mr Malts Flurry’s, a Chocolate Oreo Milkshake, flavour profile is inline with my RDA’s.

Wick ports on this tank are small, so don’t stuff to much cotton in there. Wicking keeps up just fine but find nicely thinned cotton ends is the way to go.

Have had no leaking on this tank what’s so ever, no issues with spit back, gurgling of any kind and you can push the wattage into the 50w range if that’s your cup of tea. 32w is my sweet spot with the current build.

3.5ml Bubble Glass is good for 100 puffs or so, not to bad and inline with other single coil RTA’s. It also uses up the last drop of eLiquid as the deck is very low to the base so cotton sucks it all up nicely.

I’ve decided to revise my score on this tank to 8.5/10

I would like to score it higher but for me a 9/10 or higher is reserved for very special Tanks that do everything right, especially how they vapes and feel on the draw, like a Dwarv DL (don’t own one but vaped on a few) or Skyfall RDA (Have one, my bench mark for a perfect vape)

Get the right build in the GEAR RTA and she purrs like a kitten.

Last edited:
For what’s is worth, the GEAR RTA is not the next “hype” vape device.

Don’t get me wrong it is a great little tank, I would say get it if you’re looking for a solid single coil RTA, something low profile for a stealth setup and don’t mind the look of it.

The OFRF Gear is awesome... the flavour is the best by far between the Gear, Elevate and Kylin. I find the flavour is diluted by the massive amount of air with the Elevate and the Kylin II and the flavour with the Gear with the airflow 50% is spot on! I have only just built the Gear right now but can tell right away the flavour is great!

Changing the airflow and screwing the Gear together and taking apart is a bit painful and I had to use my rubber band to take it apart and I wish the bubble tank was clear but the flavour makes it a Chicken Dinner! I also wish it had a bigger juice capacity but the top fill is simple.

So of all the new tanks, the Gear is the best one!
Gear2.jpg Gear3.jpg Gear4.jpg Gear5.jpg Gear6.jpg

Glad you approve of the GEAR @Rob Fisher. Just a great commercial single coil RTA.

See you took my advise on the @smilelykumeenit Smilely Kumeenit #5 Framed Stapled Alien Coils, they are really nice in this RTA.

GEAR would look better on your Solar Storm with the straight glass :campeon:, not a Dwarv by a long shot but still good.

Is the wicking easy? or do I need a "Masters Degree" in wicking :)

:)
Dave

@DaveH wicking is simple as can be, it’s a GTA style deck with roundish wick ports that you place the cotton into.

Wicks are cut rather short as the distance from the deck to bottom of the juice well is not very deep.

If you run into any issues building just ask here.

Back