Ohm & Wattage

HealthCabin

New Vaper
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
Good day, folks.

Just wondering the relationship between them or how to choose a proper resistance for high wattage regulated box mod.

For example, I used my Sigelei 150W and wanted to try the highest wattage 150W with my RDA, can I use a 1.0ohm coil? I did try a 0.25ohm coil, vapor was huge but there was a burnt taste, and not pure.

Should I try 0.1 ohm coil?

For me the higher watts are to heat up thicker wire. I am not sure what the Sigelei can handle and what batteries you use. Maybe try thicker wire with bigger ID, i have never gone past 30watt but that is just what i think can work

Good day, folks.

Just wondering the relationship between them or how to choose a proper resistance for high wattage regulated box mod.

For example, I used my Sigelei 150W and wanted to try the highest wattage 150W with my RDA, can I use a 1.0ohm coil? I did try a 0.25ohm coil, vapor was huge but there was a burnt taste, and not pure.

Should I try 0.1 ohm coil?

For high power vaping it's not so much about the resistance but more about the guage of wire you use.

To vape comfortably at 150 you will need to use 22/20 guage wire and your resistance will naturally be much lower because these guages of wire have lower resistance ;)

It is also best to use higher VG juices at these power levels :)

For high power vaping it's not so much about the resistance but more about the guage of wire you use.

To vape comfortably at 150 you will need to use 22/20 guage wire and your resistance will naturally be much lower because these guages of wire have lower resistance ;)

It is also best to use higher VG juices at these power levels :)

I used 22 guage Kanthal A1 wire, the final resistance is 0.25ohm. Maybe the burn taste was out of my juice: 80%PG+20%VG.

Thx.

I used 22 guage Kanthal A1 wire, the final resistance is 0.25ohm. Maybe the burn taste was out of my juice: 80%PG+20%VG.

Thx.

In that case it is most likely the device not being able to wick fast enough.

If you use that kind of build on an RTA you may run into problems unless it is specifically suited to high power vaping - and I don't think many are.

Best to do builds like that on an RDA, and then make sure to juice it up good after each hit, because at those power levels the wick runs dry very quickly ;)

Back