Organic Cotton

I am using cotton pads, which i rip apart and take the inside cotton fibres. It is labelled Dis-Chem, however, I got it from my vape buddy @TylerD as I could not find it in the area. No boiling needed, for me it tastes good on those:
P1030823 (640x480).jpg

I am using cotton pads, which i rip apart and take the inside cotton fibres. It is labelled Dis-Chem, however, I got it from my vape buddy @TylerD as I could not find it in the area. No boiling needed, for me it tastes good on those:
View attachment 1089

Yip that is the same one I found at the Woodmead dischem. Have been using it and not noticed any taste.

Seems it has the @TylerD stamp of approval

Yip that is the same one I found at the Woodmead dischem. Have been using it and not noticed any taste.

Seems it has the @TylerD stamp of approval

And with these you don't boil them 2 times and say 10 hail Mary's?

Misread - It was already stated above. No Boiling.

Last edited:
And with these you don't boil them 2 times and say 10 hail Mary's?

Misread - It was already stated above. No Boiling.
you could still do the hail mary's though, maybe post us a video clip of it :p

I've just been boiling regular cotton make up rounds, I found in my wife's drawer. It's not organic, but after 2 boiling sessions, it tastes just fine to me. Been on the look out for organic, but had no luck, well I haven't really tried very hard.
@Nooby, how does that that Wellness Warehouse cotton vape?

@SunRam, I haven't tried their cotton wool yet. When I change out the CW tonight, then I will give it a go. Will provide feedback soon...

Found some at the Wellness Warehouse...

I use the same brand as @Nooby. Tried three others before from Clicks and Dischem, all of which made my chest close and gave me a serious cough... No such effects with the proper Organic though, also doesn't have the cotton taste...

I am reading these posts and cannot help imagine that, if a few years ago, some fortune teller told me that 'one day you going to be discussing how different cotton balls tastes on a public forum' o_O

I am reading these posts and cannot help imagine that, if a few years ago, some fortune teller told me that 'one day you going to be discussing how different cotton balls tastes on a public forum' o_O

Lol sounds weird yes, so true... But also, back then if they said petrol was going to be almost R14 a L, I would of laughed to :confused: and said no ways :mad:

What method do you guys use to dry your cotton?

Dab dry with paper towels, leave to dry for 24 hours

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

What method do you guys use to dry your cotton?

Not boiling anymore, used to just put wet cotton on a clean towel, fold towel over wet cotton and give it a couple of light squeezes, unfold towel and a couple of hours later, cotton dry and ready to use.

Shot guys for the feedback, I vaped with unboiled organic cotton I got from Dischem yesterday and it was pretty smooth. But to be on the safe side I boiled a batch of cotton wool and left it on a paper towel overnight, squeezed out the excess water this morning and now open to air dry.

Hope that works.

Shot guys for the feedback, I vaped with unboiled organic cotton I got from Dischem yesterday and it was pretty smooth. But to be on the safe side I boiled a batch of cotton wool and left it on a paper towel overnight, squeezed out the excess water this morning and now open to air dry.

Hope that works.

It will work, however as someone else said previously boiled-dried cotton doesn't wick as good as unboiled cotton.

It will work, however as someone else said previously boiled-dried cotton doesn't wick as good as unboiled cotton.

Yeah I saw that as well.. well at least it was a small batch so gonna give it a test and see how it goes..

Yeah I saw that as well.. well at least it was a small batch so gonna give it a test and see how it goes..

Let us know if you can taste the difference, I couldn't.

why not just replace the cotton? instead of cleaning?

why not just replace the cotton? instead of cleaning?

No no not cleaning it.. Boiling cotton first then using it instead of using it straight out of the bag. To kill any unwanted chemicals in the cotton.

No no not cleaning it.. Boiling cotton first then using it instead of using it straight out of the bag. To kill any unwanted chemicals in the cotton.

ah i misread it, thanks @BhavZ

Please let us know how you find the boiled vs unboiled. Am also using the dischem organic cotton balls. But i havent boiled them. They seem ok to me but i have nothing to compare it to. Let us know

Please let us know how you find the boiled vs unboiled. Am also using the dischem organic cotton balls. But i havent boiled them. They seem ok to me but i have nothing to compare it to. Let us know
The moment they are dry I will wick and post..

Quite keen to give it a test actually, hopefully it will be dry by the time I get home from work.

Back