Paulies is 1 year old! Competition time

Paulie

Flavour master
VIP
LV

Awards
image5.jpg

Hey all

Thanks to this Forum we at Paulies are proud and honored to have made 1year as a Ejuice supplier to the PRoudlySA MArket! Since we started on the forum and have always loved it here we will be doing a 1yr anneversary competition for our forumites!

We would like to see or hear what your first vaping setup was and also how it helped you stopped smoking! We will then choose 3 best stories or pics as winners!

1st place: M17 Axis Vapes and 500mil of any Paulies Ejuice flavour

image2.JPG image3.JPG

2nd place: 1000 mil of any Paulies Ejuice flavour
3rd place 500 mil of any Paulies Ejuice flavour

Have Fun all!

Also With massive thanks to @RiaanRed at Coil Company as we only use his coils these days since we cannot do any better! He has given us a set of Hadaly special coils for the 4th place~ thanks again bud!

https://www.ecigssa.co.za/forums/the-coil-company/

unnamed.jpg

The comp will close next week Friday 3rd March at 19:00 and i will choose top 4 places :p

Last edited:
My first setup was a Twisp Clearo. That kind of worked for me for about a month, then I went back to the stinkies :( About 4 months later I decided to give it a bash again and got a EVic-VTC Mini with Tron tank. That is where my total obsession with vaping began :p I didn't really like the Twisp flavors as it was waay too strong, so I got some HangSen juice off eBay and I haven't looked back yet.

Capture.PNG

Crazy epic @Paulie !

Can't believe you're only one, it seems like you've been around forever! I'm going to have to work on my story and nail an epic pic so I can win that M17 and juice!

First was the Joyetech ego aio. Used to use cheap chinese liquid with it.
@dastrix550 visited Cape town the one day and opened up my world with a taste of Scream. Was hooked after that.
Got a RBA kit for the AIO, and without proper knowledge tried using the existing wire from the disposable coils in the RBA. I look back at how stupid I was and how dangerous it might have been. Given it never worked and almost gave up on the rebuildable route.
After a month of vaping 70/30 liquids in the AIO I was honoured with a pico and melo 3 combo and shortly got a RDA for it. At this point my wallet started crying harder than ever before.

My friend @WhatSmoke had been using the EVOD for around 6 months. All the while I kept delaying his advise to get one...

One day he made the decision for me and showed up with the Evod kit and some MPT3 Mini tanks.

My daughters and wife were quite desperate for me to quit. I had previously failed to stop with those Green Smoke Cigalikes. So I thought if I can get through a day with the Evod, I will throw away my cigarettes. Two years plus, here I am :)
evo-mp3-kangertech.jpg

WOW only a year?
I swear I had Paulies juice before last year.maybe its just so good it feels like its been around forever .
Any way I started my vape life on a Twisp aero bought for fathers day by wifey who always said I smoke like a chimney if she only knew that now i would be making more clouds then a chimney:pancarta:
this is my vape journey
After the Twisp upgraded to the SX mini with a Kangertech tank
IMG-20160706-WA0030.jpeg

and Finally upgraded to a two battery mod and RDA
Alien kit with limitless rda
IMG-20170210-WA0022.jpeg
Not looking at ever going back to stinkies and actually looking for a setup to get wifey off the stinkies !!!!

My first device was a Twisp Clearo but it only lasted a week or so (because of that horrible juice build up in the drip tip) before I discovered the Mini Pro Tank 2 on an eGo battery. I was a 40-60 a day smoker for 40 years and my health was in a bad state… I would cough in the morning till I would start to gag. I would wake up in the night hardly able to breathe… I would have to stop 3 times when walking up the driveway to put out the rubbish… suffice to say vaping has been a life saver for me… the change in my health has been nothing short of miraculous and I guess that’s why vaping is almost a religion for me.

Here are a couple of pics of some of my very first vape devices…
ego-twist900-mini-protank2-kit-650x650.jpg iClear 16B Bottom Coil, Dual Coil Clearomizer 002.JPG iClear X.1 005.JPG Innokin-iTaste-134-4.jpg iTaste-VTR-Starter-kit.jpg Labels 006.JPG Labels 008.JPG

Ive been a severe asthma sufferer for most of my life. Unfortunately that never stopped me from smoking. More that 3 years ago my lungs started to give in and i ended up in ICU for 3 weeks whereby my lungs were filled with so much gunk and fluid buildup caused by the asthma and 12 years of smoking 2 packs a day. I almost kicked the bucket, nothing like tubes in your lungs for 3 weeks to give you a wake up call. The day i walked out of the hospital i drove to clearwater mall and bought myself one of those 1 gen Twisps, and the rest they say is history. I havent touched a stinky since and for the last 2 years i hardly use my asthma medicine anymore. I can honestly say, vaping saved my life

1000735143_1_644x461_twisp-clearo-rustenburg.jpg

Last edited:
well my vapeing story started last year in my second year @ varsity me and a great frend of mine @Constantbester met a first year who was a vaper he had a kangertech kbox 70 and top tank mini.

This was an intresting thing to see as i never eaven knew vapeing existed.He then offerd me a vape and i allmost (hoesed my longe uit).And that was that a week later @Constantbester went and bought the kbox of the first year(.Lol i continued to vape with him now and then i was a smoker of about 2packs a day so the 3mg juice he used didnt help that much.

After a while of vapeing with him i got an opertuneity to get a twisp edge so i went for it and dropped to about one packet a day this was amazing for me as sometimes i t forgot about the stinkies tottaly.

@Constantbester got me a present and it was the subvod mega kanger tech kit i was in heaven and started vapeing like a bossss but still in secret i got meself a stinkie now and then and then. I intreduced another frend of mine to vapeing and he loved it so much he got me a limitless plus rdta(i culdint build coils luckly Constant started so i culd sneak a coil or two shhhht dont tell him wink wink) lol now the problem was i had no mod only the subvod.

So me and Constant went to a vape shop and got me the evic vtwo i was on a budget being a student so the built in bat was great.

It was then that i really started dropping out the stinkies tottally ime also a tad overwight and with smokeing so much i could feel my boody not doing that good.Thanx to the first year and Cosntant bester they got me off smokeing and of to better health and i feel so much better no more coffing no more stuffs on the lungs i can walk long distances if it wasnt for vapeing and this great forum i wouldt never have been abel to feel like a new me and enjoy life to its fullest.

Ps i look foward to seeing each persons story and celebrate with them on dropping the stinkies:)

And a massive thanx to @Paulie for chooseing this subject for the comp i think we all will share in the storys to come.

86997-9a71c66c310db0c82ad8508796112ad7.jpg

i see everyone is shareing there collection so i might add mine lol...remember this is on a students budget lol
86052-c749e7a121c48d87d0b7044e6a0efc6b.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20160916-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20160916-WA0009.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20170223_150716[1].jpg
    IMG_20170223_150716[1].jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Congrats on making it to the one year milestone @Paulie

My first device was an ego-t

Remember it like it was yesterday

Myself and riefy went to Benji at VM, which is where I bought my first device and juice.
10ml vanilla custard and 10ml berry blaze

I was in vape heaven.

Never looked back since then.

I hope I am allowed to but I am entering on behalf of my wife. Since she is a Paulies nut.

On 20 August 2016, our wedding anniversary, I bought by wife her first setup, a Serpent mini 22 and an iJust 2. We then went flavour hunting to find what we will be vaping.
At store number one, they did not have anything that suited her taste, so off to our local B&M. There we spent about an hour and a half sampling most of their juices. She decided to give Paulies Coffee cake a bash. She liked it. I bought it. So once a month we go and sample other juices for variety. Every time she goes home with ... Paulies Coffee cake. End of last month the unexpected happens, she bought another juice, ... Paulies coffee ginger biscuit .. AND her first 100ml Paulies Coffee cake. Up until this point she was still smoking in between. SO to get off the cigarettes, she started vaping Paulies Coffee cake in 6mg, from the moment she started vaping that she did not have a craving for smoking.
The 6mg is in her SM22mm at the moment and the 3mg is in her Mage on the IPV D2. So she resurected her starting setup for a new juice and a new lifestyle that is cigarette free.

IMG-20170221-WA0016.jpg

EDIT: added photo of her original setup and current juice rotation.

Last edited:
2315186931a36926db6b828c52f42a35.jpg

Exhausted, Drained, Out of breath.

Three simple terms that accurately described my pre-vaping self. I was on 20 smokes a day and climbing, picking up weight at an alarming rate and just not in the pink of health. Needless to say, I just reached the 'Over 30' age category and mourning the loss of a close family friend due to the effects of smoking. Life just wasn't feeling good at all. Even when I'd log in and play XBox online, my friends would berate me for breathing so heavily into my headset. Incidentally, it was XBox that brought me on the route to vaping and ending my smoke dependency - not wanting to wake up and go outside to smoke every few minutes, I figured that vaping would help kill the smoke craving while gaming.

Little did I know, when I walked into Vape King Fourways the following morning, purchasing that Black iJust S kit would change my life for the better in all of six weeks...

I stepped into the relaxed and social vibe at Vape King to be greeted by possibly the most chilled out and polite vaper I've ever met. He introduced himself as Ollie, and we made small talk while I explained my visit to the store. I gave Ollie my budget and requirements- he suggested the iJust S. The next question beckoned, 'What colour would you like it in? Black or Stainless?'. Unsure, I went with black, and glad to not have broken Ollie's streak of always selling the black iJust once he opens the box to show if off to a client.

The device looked glorious, the vapour was warm, tasty and just magnificent to experience. I was sold. The iJust didn't last long - I went a full week on it before upgrading to a Smoke G Priv and a decent Billow V2.5 RTA (sold to me by Carlos after he let me try out some of Paulie's Coffee Cake in it), however that little iJust reduced my smoke intake to just 5 a day. Last Friday was the day when I finally binned my last pack of smokes and gave my willpower the extra push to enjoy vaping full time. It's been a difficult push, though one that I'm coping with just fine. Without all the helpful Vapers out there, the fantastic community and quality suppliers, my path towards healthy living would never have been possible. I've already lost 4kgs of weight, my lung capacity is increasing weekly. My blood pressure is stable, sensitive teeth are a thing of the past and most importantly, I do not smell like an ashtray.

I always thought that vaping was never for somebody like me, but I'm really glad that I was proven wrong...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hav been a smoker, drinker and more for quite a few years. I don't actually share this much but in 2012 i went to rehab for alcoholism and drug abuse. I spent a few months there and came back to joburg starting new. I was still smoking cigarettes as they don't recommend u attempt to stop everything at once. Late 2012 my wife bought me a twisp clearo to try and along with my giving up drugs and alcohol I gave up smoking. Two years later I started smoking again, only to find out my wife was pregnant. I stopped that day. Bought a new twisp clearo and bought a subox mini kit that day. Hav not touched a stinkie in 3 years and hav a beautiful baby girl that is my world. My daughter and wife r the reason I don't smoke, and this Mach I am 5 years clean and sober. Vaping in a very direct way has kept me off everything. Can never thank it enough. I am now successful, a good husband and very devoted father and vaping has very much saved me in more ways then one. Thanks guys

After a mild myocardial infarction in 2013 I decided to give up the stinkies and like most people began my vaping journey with a twisp clearo,
4 years, 5 mods and countless mls of e liquid later, still going strong.
HAPPY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY PAULIES

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firtsly, HaPpY BiRthDaY @Paulie!!:ole:

Anywhoo, my journey started a couple of years ago with a Green Smoke = total fail:hollering:

Last year Hubby decided he was quitting for good (he is diabetic, works his bloody arse off, rarely eats, and was starting to get some serious health issues) , and got himself a Twisp Edge.
Now the girl that I am, I also had to have a new toy also:angel: (but main issue was that I was not letting him do this alone, I was committed to support him in every way, I also changed diet with him).
It did not get me to quit instantly though, well, nothing did, not patches (it helps on long haul flights though), Champix et al, Quit, etc. nada, nothing was going to make me quit this habbit, and believe me, I tried every thing there possibly is.

I did some Googling, came upon this here forum, and voila! The device that had me go cold turkey was this:
IMG_0912.JPG

And strangely enough, it was permanently filled with @Paulie's Coffee Cake, and I am still hooked!
It was quite fulfilling and was really good till the tank started leaking, and I decided on two Kanger Subtanks (one for each of us), Kanger Subox for Hubster and a pink Nano for me.
Then the tumble down the rabbit hole started, and I must confess, I love every moment of it!
Hubby is doing much better health wise, besides his eyes are permanently damaged (we both were on about two packs a day for just on 30 years).

Here's to many more!:beer-toast1:

cf2fe62cf4756da0bbf7b14a89e79089.jpg

This was my first setup, joytech battery with kangertech subtank nano with 0.5 ohm coil. And it was magnificent im helpimg me curb my craving to stinkies, still had my smokes, but on a friday I smokes my last stinkie and decided im going in hard and strong into the weekend.

So I had my perfect little setup and some 3mg juice(yes it satisfied my cravings), I got some lekker juices from a friend and my mission that weekend was to leave stinkies for good, so with the support of my wife throughout the weekend with my mood swings, I went on a vape binge and made sure I stay busy enough so my vape lasts me every day. Every day that weekend was a struggle but 72hours is all you need to be rid of stinkies!

And I made it! I quit smoking and its lovely, for the good of myself I dont have that stench of ashtray on me anymore, I can smell everything and anything(even the ol farts) even taste what im eating and oh how I love the taste of food now(as you can see on my belly)

I can spend more time with my family, and don't NEED to go outside to smoke. Vaping is life and it keeps me satisfied with all the great offerings.
Happy 1st Anniversary @Paulies you guys give alot back to the community! You all rock with this giveaway!!

Sent from my HUAWEI CRR-UL00 using Tapatalk

Firstly, congratulations on your 1st birthday @Paulie

I bought a Twisp Clearo on the advice of my pulmonologist when my lung function hit 47% back in Jan 2015.
I played around with it for about a month and then put it down .... in a dark, cool place (it needed a bit more steeping ;);)).

On 15 March 2016, I took it out (gave it a good shake :)) , cleaned it up and the rest as they say is history. Following that, I bought a little Evod on the advice of @Silver and was also gifted a Nautilus mini from a forum member.

The best and greatest consequence of my vaping journey is that my lung function has improved from 47% to 90%!!!!!

The Twisp clearo is back in storage in a cool, dark place. So, if anybody wants it, they can have it, for free ... just drop me a pm.

5a.jpg 5b.jpg 5c.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one @Paulie,well done on the 1st year!
Almost 4 year ago I decided to quit the stinkies and started to trawl the net for what to buy.I decided on a cigalike and concluded this one was the nuts;
Halo-G6-Reviews.jpg
Got some of Halo's juice and this was the very first I vaped and I guess it started me off on the search for menthol juices
subzero-eliquid_1.png
After a couple weeks I wanted more clouds so got this.A cloud blowing machine of note:D
maxresdefault.jpg
Of course my research was flawed because it had some fancy size threading (not 510) and shipping from the USA was expensive with Halo.
They did the trick though and started me on the journey most of us go down.
And of course all of us save a fortune by quitting stinkies and vaping instead :D

My first set-up was a twist Edge, in hind-sight it was over priced and certainly not meant for what would become my vaping style. The hassle of always replacing burnt out coils slowly broke me down back in to smoking...but the experience certainly did stick in my mind that there was a better alternative to smoking, just maybe not in the iteration I had chosen.

Luckily not too much later after I had gone back to smoking, I met someone at a braai who had a kbox and a griffin, and he was as happy as many vapers are to share information with me. I ended up with my kbox mini and toptank mini as my second set-up (but really I like to think of it as my first) with some decent juice. This one was way more flexible and stuck, opened up a whole new world to me that kept my hands busy and I didn't really think about smoking ever again. Which was pretty good in the end, as I developed a couple of chronic diseases which would have just been way worse to deal with while smoking or attempting to quit smoking.

Congrats guys! Keep up the good work.

So my first "Vape" was a twisp clearo China brand.
Lasted about a month before upgrading to the genuine twisp clearo.
But alas, no joy either.
So, onward and upward to a twisp Aero. That lasted 3 months at least.
Until a buddy of mine pulled into a Braai one night with a kanger subbox mini, and my hunt for a vape started.
My first proper purchase was a dripbox 160 kit.
Still have it today, and I still vape it.
The atty has since been upgraded to a Tsunami24.
Thanx for the opportunity to enter, and again. Congrats and keep up the good juice!

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

My first device was a Twisp but it did not help me to stop the stinkies.
So i went online and Searched every corner and there vape club was.

First device that actually helped me to stop that horrible stick of death was a Vamo v3 mod and a nautilus mini. 18mg Nic energy flavor eliquid and Pow Im 4 years clean and Im so great-full to vaping and this community.

Here is a pic of my first device.

2114feff819a59e16c2e6ae51cf7a8b6.jpg

Congratulations @Paulie - I still reminisce over your Guava test juice (it just don't sound right :eek:) almost 2 years ago one late afternoon in me man cave. Next time I'm in SA I will visit for a juice haul.

My first set up ever was an electrostix vape pen. However, that did that help me stop smoking.

So I eventually found the forum and purchased a clone anarchist mech mod.
On top of that I was sponsored a vulcan rda from @ComplexChaos .

With those two I spent hours looking for builds and wicking. At that point I had no idea of online stores available in SA.
Eventually got a dual build down by using a multimeter purchased from midas.

Went through burnt cotton and a vtc4 vent on me. Looking back now, I was silly to start on a mechanical mod. At least it was a non hybrid and I wish I knew better at the time.

After almost two years of subohming, now I am cig free for more than 1.5years and have a growing collection of authentic mech mods!

I would also like to say thank you to the vape community in ZA and all the vendors. Especially to @Paulie for holding this amazing competition. Congrats on your anniversary!

Here is my first ever mod taken on top of table mountain.

IMG_20150927_225207.jpg

Back