Paulies is 1 year old! Competition time

My first vape, EVOD Fong Kong from the R5 store, modified the living daylight out of it to get a better drag. Then I discovered the iJoy ego One, was like driving a Ferrari! Juice, Liqua crap then Vape Mob papa smurf and babaloo. Just love Paulies Coffee Cake.

Live the Cloud

Congrats on the birthday !

This is all I have left of my first setup - It was a waaaay overpriced early Twisp.
You had to fill it by pulling back that rubber tab , it was really fiddly. You also had to buy a whole new section when this one piece started struggling.

My vape story is tough , and I'm not going for the sympathy vote , but it's true and a big eye opener for people.
When I shared my story , I know of at least 10 people that stopped smoking and started vaping.
My mother had restrictive blood flow in her legs as a direct result of all her bad habits including smoking.
They wanted to amputate both her legs as they were essentially wasting away.
She decided not to have the surgery and passed away shortly after that.

I used to smoke a box a day and LOVED smoking , I work in the nightlife industry , it suited my lifestyle 100%.
After seeing how a 30 year long smoking habit destroyed someone I love I had to stop right away.
The Twisp was terrible , but it was my only option at the time.
Vaping changed my life and Im proud of the choices I've made.
This prize would mean a lot to me. IMG_2061.JPG

Great job @Paulie keep up the good work

So here is my story i was a smoker for 6 years and it was fun at first but then it got expensive and the taste got horrible bad breath smokers cough stinky clothing so my great friends @Forfcuksakes and @PeterHarris showed me the life of vaping how great it is i started with a cloupor mini that looked like a bomb it looked horrible but did she vape i had a sub ohm tank with no drip tip lol so my friends @Forfcuksakes and @PeterHarris started helping me get a better setup i was vaping 6mg juice at the beginning i grew hair on my hands cause of that strong juice lol i then started to dilute my juice from 6mg to 3 still all of this on my cloupor lol then the vape bug bit me and never smoked a stinky again Rip my dear friend cloupor mini lolView attachment 85989 View attachment 85990 View attachment 85989 View attachment 85990

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 48
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 49
In about 2012 I started with a evod stock standard did that for all of 3 weeks then stinkies till sometime mid last year 11 jun 2016 to be exact when I got a sigelei 213,griffin 25 top airflow,some wick and wire and the geek vape master kit. Since then I have added a kangertech topbox mini,VGOD 150 pro ,smoant battlestar and a Smok alien a long with a bunch of addys and wire types ect pictures to follow paulie's coffee cake was one of the first liquids I used and one liquid I still love the coffee cake is my personal favorite all said and done I don't regret getting in to the vape world I love my clouds!!!!
aa38caaf094c1e7df89d72857a4b8af2.jpg
e3c2325a711c5cf15164745b04c3a907.jpg
33994d7a0e14caea5e257daf545ad9a5.jpg
30275c5c07199a8c272ec8ed62624f34.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a series of fortunate events that led me to vaping. I'd been a smoker for 28 years (pack a day), I'd seen the Twisp stalls but never paid them any mind.
Then one day I was walking through a mall after a rather lengthy appointment with a client, craving a cigarette, and I saw the stall. I decided to have a bit of fun with the guy so I said "I'm not a smoker but smoking looks really cool, what device would you recommend for me to Start? "
Without missing a beat the guy gave it his best sales pitch, halfway through his manager arrived and listened in. Now I couldn't let on that I was arsing around so I ended up buying a twisp edge.
I was actually very happy with the product, it burnt coils and juice e was horribly expensive but I never touched a cigarette again.
That little thing lasted me a year until I decided I needed a car charger, instead of buying one from them I used a generic that I saw a guy selling on the street.
Surprise surprise it nuked the battery. When you screwed the battery in, it just went on, so for a week that's how I vaped. Screw in battery, take a drag, unscrew battery. This was, unsurprisingly, a pain in the arse.
So one day I was pulling into meyersdal mall and saw Vape Cartel n figured I'd go have a look. A new battery was gonna be R 500 so maybe they had a Generic?
A guy by the name of Ryan greeted me, 20 min later I walked out with a Pico starter kit.
This is still my daily mod although the tank collection has grown a fair bit.

So in conclusion, I do think that twisp is a greedy bunch of unethical cretins but without them I'd still be a smoker, and so for that I'll always be grateful to them.

Cheapie ego for about a week with noise from the China mall ,until I got an innokingladius and an itaste 20 w ,started using ,hangsen fruit flavors from vapeshop ,thereafter ,got puffed a sigelei 150 with juices coils and bought a subtank mini,the guys at MVC organised a care package including batteries ,jooses n cotton etc for me to get on my way ,started building ,n I eventually became possibly one of the only upper limb disable person building coils on my own in jhb n I'm still building,using a parallel boxmod now n the rest my friend is ,as they say in the movies ,HISTORY ,I owe too much to mention to the As vape community for building my confidence n adding some years to my life

Sent from my Vodacom Power Tab 10 using Tapatalk

Cheapie ego for about a week with joose from the China mall ,until I got an innokingladius and an itaste 20 w ,started using ,hangsen fruit flavors from vapeshop ,thereafter ,got puffed a sigelei 150 with juices coils and bought a subtank mini,the guys at MVC organised a care package including batteries ,jooses n cotton etc for me to get on my way ,started building ,n I eventually became possibly one of the only upper limb disable person building coils on my own in jhb n I'm still building,using a parallel boxmod now n the rest my friend is ,as they say in the movies ,HISTORY ,I owe too much to mention to the As vape community for building my confidence n adding some years to my life, I would also like to add where I got piffed from ,the people deserve that at least,MVC , including yourself n making fun of your gwarra joose PAULIE, JP PRINSLOO,PIFFED ,,a sigelei 150 and a billow v2,wire n a coiler ,Phillip Campos for possibly the best guava noise in the country,Paulie's before it had a label,joel azzaisky ,for copious amounts of joose too,

This is how happy vaping has made me!

I'm pretty new here and to vaping. Started with an Ijust 2 kit but was a little underwhelmed and was not sure what all the hype was about, but it got me off of a 1-2 pack a day habit nearly instantly. I was amazed at how easy it was to transition without wanting to kill the missus, the neighbor kids or anybody at work. I had managed to kick an 18 year habit that I had sadly grown to live with.

Being embarrassingly frugal and very obsessive when it comes to making and tweaking stuff my real fun began when I found this forum. I was lucky enough to pick up a Wotofo Serpent (the original one) and an old IPV D2 from the classified section here and I went from having a bearable replacement for smoking to having a fun and spectacularly delicious new hobby.

I am loving Vaping, all the gadgets and gear that go along with it as well as this wonderful and supportive community.

Thanks to all

It all started a little over a year ago, when my mom survived a heart attack due to 38 years of smoking cigarettes, my whole family smokes from both sides but we decided to switch, we started with a twisp clearo as I am sure most of you guys started with a twisp these days.

1002736924_1_644x461_twisp-clearo-johannesburg.jpg

I didn't really know about all the vaping devices that was out there and about all the amazing flavours that was available. Joined Eciggsa shortly after and came across XXX from @Oupa . I was hooked, pack and a half 6 years straight, never lit another cig again. Its amazing how you cannot smell it when you smoke but now that you vape you can smell a smoker from a mile away. I know @Rob Fisher just loves some XXX.

85718-8d60c1225d3a25e141ec972f694ead56.jpg

Bought my first decent kit from @whatalotigot back at Foggas vape lounge in claremont, was a cuboid with an Gemini RTA. It was worlds ahead in quality compared to what I was used too. My girlfriend was still smoking so was the rest of my family, work colleagues and friends but that soon changed.

download.png 12797954_237974019880287_2128253987_n.jpg

Converted my girlfriend, 2 brothers, 3 friends and 4 colleagues to vaping, I work at a mall and when we all stand outside and vape, the reactions you get from the rest of the people is priceless and everyone wants to ask what smells so nice and how they can quit with vaping, I met so many new people through vaping and its always amazing to hear the stories how vaping saved their lives and their loved ones.

Its amazing how strong the vaping community is and that we can stand together. I refer everyone to Eciggsa as here is a place for everyone whether your a noobie or an experienced vaper, whether you need help with battery safety, mech mods, tips with wicking, finally moving over to stop using commercial coils and start to build your own, everything is here on one site where we can connect and help each other.

We have such amazing juice makers and the best coil builders if you do not have the patience to build yourself and want to try some exotic coils.

I can say that vaping saved my life and my families and I am sure vaping will save millions of lives through time.

I just want to give a huge shout out to the amazing @Paulie for this comp and hes amazing juice, and to @RiaanRed, someone is going to have a really good time with those beauties you made their man.

46670-f36cb770e71e4f295e9ae2794fc89cf3.jpg 15146663_1135927689836992_800545435_o_large.jpg

My "ecigarette" journey started at the beginning of 2012. I was searching for a way to quit the nasty habit of smoking about 1 and 1/2 pack per day. I started on an ego kit which one constantly had to drip juice onto the atomizer.
0bd7d07a015e50c8602bb9ff535db559.jpg

I then found twisp where i spent quite a large amount trying to maintain my new habit. I got tired of constantly having to fiddle with their devices where i ventured onto seeking online help. I found this forum and its been a successful journey thus far. I can actually say that so far ive lived through every transformation the vaping world has to offer. From ego c's to evods to mech mods to reos to regulated mods to high powered regulated mods. From 22mm atties to 24mm to 25mm to 30mm and the ridiculous 40mm atties. From kayfun lites to nautilus minis to subtank minis to tfv4s to goblin mini to griffins to shermans RTA's. I can proudly say ive tried it all and transformed my vaping style to what is offered on the market. Vaping has become a hobby and its a hobby I enjoy as it helped me quit smoking.

My journey started in October 2013

Got two things - a GreenSmoke with the strongest cartridge and a Twisp Clearo. It was the Twisp Clearo that got the job done - with a bit of willpower too ;-)

image.jpg

I absolutely loved the Rebel flavour and loved mixing it with a bit of Polar Mint. It gave quite a good throat hit at the time and quite good flavour, being a top coil device.

After nine days and being so busy trying out all the flavours and getting a few more Clearos to have different flavours loaded, I realised one evening I hadnt had a smoke that day. I think it was the distraction and the focus on trying the flavours that did it. That evening I realised I could do it. 17 years of smoking was about to be extinguished.

Soon thereafter I found ECIGSSA - and the vaping journey went into overdrive. The people i have met on here and the experiences i have had is what kept me going and motivated. I have to say that @Paulie has had a big influence too on my vaping and has enriched it hugely with his Guava juice, which I love and vape often.

For me I am eternally grateful to Twisp for getting me into vaping and to the people here on ECIGSSA, which have kept me going.

Long may it continue...

My first vape was I stick basic
I got it when I started smoking 60 stinkies a day , it really helped me , I stated smoking 6mg it used to hit my thoart like I threw a grenade in my throats lol , now at least I don't smell like stinkies anymore as my mom said I used to smell like a tobacco dealer , it came to a stage where my gf didn't wana kiss me anymore because I stinked like stinkies now I'm 1 year 8 months no stinkies and I can say it's the best thing I did in my life to change to vaping
I'm much healthier
And it came from me which said don't start vaping you not gonna stop and look I'm free from stinkies
Thanks for the chance of taking part of this comp

Ah this is an awesome competition!!

My first setup was a Nautilus Mini paired with an Istick mini, perfect for the mouth to lung hits to replicate the feel of a cigarette :-D It took me a week
on this awesome little MTL device to give up completely and I never looked back! Ive now been cigarette free for almost 2 and a half years now :aplastao:
10984119_969380923094357_988046992876926761_n.jpg

Ater the Nautilus and Istick Mini I was hooked and ive had some weird and wonderful devices since then. I absolutely love the
idea of it having become not only a healthier alternative to smoking but a hobby through and through where im always almost
beaten to death by my "accountant" for all the new mods and tanks :-D

Heres some of the devices and random things vaping has gotten me into (I Promise im not hinting but I vape coffee cake like theres no tomorrow :--P)

IMG-20161016-WA0073.jpg

IMG-20161018-WA0041.jpg
IMG-20161027-WA0034.jpg
IMG-20161015-WA0023.jpg

Happy 1 Year Anniversary @Paulie :banana:

My vaping journey started back in 2013 with a Twisp Neo. This was the first time I have seen an E-cig that looked like it could be the alternative to smoking and I gave it a try. Whilst using the Twisp Neo I still used to smoke cigarettes because the Twisp Neo performed poorly. It wasn't a device that you would want to carry around because it leaked a lot! After using the neo for a few weeks, I had quit vaping and went back to cigarettes. Not long after that, Twisp had launched their Clearo which was definitely a step up from it's predecessor. I rushed out and got 2 of those in hope that it will help me quit smoking once and for all. The clearo, while being a step up from the neo, still didn't perform well and often times I would get leakage or juice in my mouth. At this point I had enough with E-cigs and was about to quit vaping forever and stick to smoking. I decided to make the switch to vaping simply because it did seem like a better option. Although there wasn't as much of information on vaping like there is now, vaping did seem like a much safer alternative.

Twisp.jpg

After experiencing all of these problems with the Twisp devices, I looked online for alternative devices available locally and came across ECIGSSA. After joining this forum I have seen other vendors who had a much wider range of E-cigs which were far more superior and weren't too expensive. Before taking a leap and buying my first real mod, I have read up and learnt a lot from the more experienced guys and decided to wait a bit.

My first proper mod was the Evic VT:
Evic VT.jpg

This mod was definitely a step up from all the other devices I have tried and was exactly what I was looking for. After using this device for a few days, I had quit smoking completely. After experiencing how well vaping has worked for me, I was in love with it and from here on I just kept upgrading and trying out new devices.

Pico x Target.jpg
After trying out a few mods, I didn't like the fact that they were quite big and weren't very easy to carry around and so, after reading up on other users opinion I decided to get myself the Pico kit and this was a fantastic setup. I loved the size of this mod! It was easy to carry and easy to use. My only problem with the Pico was that it couldn't take tanks above 22mm.

HohmSlice x Coffee cake.jpg
4 Years later - I no longer wake up in the mornings with a tight chest, I can walk much further than before without my chest feeling like it's giving up and finally, my sense of taste has been restored :aaaaa:

3ffc75ae4f031f1f961a14dc9dc68fb5.jpg

After trying out a few juices from Paulies juice line, I have found a firm favorite of mine and that is Paulie's Guava!!! Paulie's Guava is definitely the kind of juice I can never get bored off and one of the only 2 fruity flavors that I vape. Coffee cake and Coffee Ginger Biscuit are also among my rotation.

Last edited:

My journey began a looong time ago in my younger days as a wee boy . You know those winter days☃️ where you blow steam from your mouth , well I was so fascinated by this anomaly, that I couldn't stop. Just constantly breathing in deeply and exhaling, even having competitions with the cousins on who blows the most "smoke" . Haha Man I thought I was so cool . IMG_5378.JPG

As the years progressed so did my fascination with "smoke" blowing, I even learnt how to blow that little steam out my mouth by breathing in, filling your mouth with air and exhaling slowly. I Showed all my friends at school that I can "smoke" by myself . Haha man I thought I was so cool .

THEN primary school science classes happened and we learned about "steam ice" . We realized hey the ice cream man uses those to keep the ice creams frozen. Let's just say the ice cream man stopped jiggling his bell when he got to our street because we'd stop buying ice cream and just finished all his steam ice. Rolling pieces of those as fast as you can in your mouth so you don't burn and exhaling the "smoke" lol. Man I thought I was so cool .
IMG_5124.JPG

Went through the whole stinky phase but that's boring and we all know how that goes. Man I still thought I was so cool .

My father came home with this contraption one day from the plaza (only place you could get them those days ) he said "check how much smoke this thing makes" . It immediately got my attention and low and behold he held the hubbly bubbly. What a strange device water filter , pipe, coal, foil and it all has to be built before you can smoke . I Was one of the 1st guys with this smoke machine among my friends and been smoking these throughout my high school days , till today , occasionally among certain get togethers. Man I though I was so cool .
IMG_5125.JPG

Walking through the malls I came across these "pop up" stalls and people are blowing smoke , I was like , damn you guys allowed to do this indoors and they said yes it's a twisp. Well I was impressed not a lot of fuss ,not a lot of cleaning , tasted great and it was healthier . Got one and managed to convert 2 family members. Was so impressed by this twisp got myself a spare few months down the line. I was just puffing everywhere I went and enjoyed the "wow what's that" questions from random people. Man I thought I was so cool .
IMG_5375.JPG

But that didn't last long as the flavour took some time getting use to especially if you haven't used it for half the day .

So here we are. Me seeing all over these "vape" memes of clouds and the jokes and I was interested that there's something out there that makes tons of "smoke" . Did research, found these amazing contraptions, saw they also at malls , tried out a kangertech device and I was immediately hooked , the amount of "smoke" which at that very time I was corrected with a "no it's called vapor" . Did tons of research because I understood nothing that lady at the stand was talking about. Google , YouTube, stumbled on robs ramblings and Michael the vapor channels too . And not to forget this forum

and now here I am a fully pledged vapor with my 1st device. Tasted countless amazing juices . Have had a few tanks . Got vapemail. Can give advice and answer most questions. Made my own Clapton and twisted coils . Started to DIY. And still still the fomo keeps on coming. IMG_2720.JPG

MAN I AM THE COOLEST RIGHT NOW

thanks Paulie .. this comp took me way back

Attachments

• IMG_2720.JPG
    IMG_2720.JPG
    260.3 KB · Views: 35
Like many of you guys here, my vaping journey started of with a visit to the twisp kiosk. After using the twisp for a few months, I decided to go online and see what other devices there are on the market and I came across one of the Local vendors and this forum. I'm not the type to join forums but after reading some threads on this forum I decided to join. The vibe on the forum was really nice and it was nice to read other vapers opinions and tutorials. Back then, the friendly guys on the forum suggested that I get the Subox mini kit and so, I went out and got one of those. This device was the beez knees!!! My whole vaping experience was taken to a new level after trying out this device. The flavor and vapor production I got with this kit was just great. I was in vape heaven with this kit and really loved it. After my initial experience with the subox, I upgraded to the EVIC VTC MINI which is still operational up till today.

subox.jpg

evic.jpg
After playing around with new setups, I went and got myself the velocity RDA which I still use every now and then. I have also upgraded my setups and now I use a Merlin Mini with my RX200S and a Moonshot on my trusty IPV5 8--)

Wow thanks to all who entered this was an epic fun comp and i loved all the stories its going to be a hard choice!

I will announce the winners Tomorrow so keep and eye on here!

My first was a Green Smoke with the multiple flavour cartridge pack. Unfortunately I tried filling the cartridges myself overdid it. Had liquid enter the battery through the inhalation hole and shorted out the electronics.moved to a vgo cartoonist after that. Have now stopped smoking for 7 years and rocking an ego one with eleaf ijust2 tank

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back