PG Sensitivity

Quick question for you @vicTor

What are the symptoms you've experienced?

I've suddenly noticed that anything I vape - I thought it was the nicotine but I just made up a new batch of juice (FA Peppermint) as Peppermint seems to be the only thing that soothes my throat irritation so it has nothing to do with nicotine or flavouring. For some reason, it just started getting worse and I can't handle vaping anything else other than peppermint.

I'm coughing upon throat irritation, I sneeze every time I vape and I have stuff stuck in my throat which is quite difficult to dislodge (hence the sneezing). I have had sinus issues for a couple of years and if I recall correctly, I once had bad flu when I was living in JHB and travelling through Mooiriver with the snow, I found the cold air made it difficult to breath. Even now, I can't handle air conditioning in the car or in the house as I find that I can't breath properly. However I can handle a good WS23 peppermint juice which seems to actually soothe my throat more than any other juice. Even my own juice which I had vaped for years suddenly became an irritant which I gave up for around 6 months.

Does that sound like a PG sensitivity?

hi, PG makes my skin itch

what ratio do you vape ?

and of course the only way you can check if PG is the culprit is to mix up some max VG juice and see

let me know if you need some help with that

hi, PG makes my skin itch

what ratio do you vape ?

and of course the only way you can check if PG is the culprit is to mix up some max VG juice and see

let me know if you need some help with that
70/30 vg/pg

I'm not sure how max VG works. I've a ejuice calculator and even that doesn't support max VG. I want to test it and see if it makes any difference as even right now with the peppermint juice, I do have a little irritation upon vaping but goes away for a bit.

All my concentrates are PG - some nic shots are both PG and VG mix.

70/30 vg/pg

I'm not sure how max VG works. I've a ejuice calculator and even that doesn't support max VG. I want to test it and see if it makes any difference as even right now with the peppermint juice, I do have a little irritation upon vaping but goes away for a bit.

All my concentrates are PG - some nic shots are both PG and VG mix.

you will need VG nicotine to do a max VG mix

also you will need to do a really simple mix with as little % of concentrate as possible, or even leave flavouring or all together

Thread revival:

so I think I might have a sensitivity to PG. Permanent post nasal drip and vaping makes me cough and my chest feels tight all the time at the moment which has never happened before.

Mixed up some Ry4 @ 5% and max VG this morning to see if that helps and will report back. So far when I take a puff my chest feels MUCH better but time will tell.

Also made a guava/aloe/cactus thing but that smells a bit funky so will let that settle for a day or 2 then try that.

Weird if it is a PG sensitivity after all these years of vaping but I suppose these things do just suddenly develop as far as I understand allergies and sensitives. I used to live on peanut butter but one night my face started swelling up like a Kardashian and that was it, I had a nut allergy all of a sudden!!!

@Paul33

May I ask if you had Covid 19. It appears that some folks that caught the virus have had strange and ongoing effects that may be a post covid symptom. I am not saying it is the case but might be worth considering.

@Paul33

May I ask if you had Covid 19. It appears that some folks that caught the virus have had strange and ongoing effects that may be a post covid symptom. I am not saying it is the case but might be worth considering.

I have had covid twice and have definitely felt "different" since the virus. Where before when I got the flu it would be one sneeze and then i was over it, now I'm sick for 3 weeks and cannot get rid of it! Its very frustrating.

I dont think its PG related at all now to be honest, Im better in general and all the symptoms have gone away and back to 70/30 juice with no issues.

Covid has done some hidden, underlying apparently long lasting damage I'm sure!

Weird if it is a PG sensitivity after all these years of vaping but I suppose these things do just suddenly develop as far as I understand allergies and sensitives. I used to live on peanut butter but one night my face started swelling up like a Kardashian and that was it, I had a nut allergy all of a sudden!!!
It happens. I was happily eating bacon for so many years til I turned 37 and suddenly developed an allergy to sodium nitrates and potassium nitrates - commonly found in processed pork meat (such as canned ham, sliced deli ham, even in bully beef tins, hot dog viennas, bacon, gammon to name a few).

Luckily in the UK, there's an alternative - nitrate free ham and bacon, just quite expensive but my life and health is more important so it's worth it. I just have to contend with only having these two - using pork sausages as an alternative to viennas is better than none (funnily enough I have no reaction to sulphites).

Thread revival:

so I think I might have a sensitivity to PG. Permanent post nasal drip and vaping makes me cough and my chest feels tight all the time at the moment which has never happened before.

Mixed up some Ry4 @ 5% and max VG this morning to see if that helps and will report back. So far when I take a puff my chest feels MUCH better but time will tell.

Also made a guava/aloe/cactus thing but that smells a bit funky so will let that settle for a day or 2 then try that.

I have issues with VG too :D

Back