Please Help

Imotions

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi i am a newbie and been of cigs nw for a month hooray to me i need advice as i currently have a twisp clearo lite however i want to also drip any advice if i can drip with the twisp or do i need a whole new setup..also why is it that i get a burn/sting on my tongue n throat yet with a cig no matter what strength i dnt have that prob

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using Tapatalk

Hi Imotions, welcome :) i think you'll need a whole new setup, just give it a couple of mins, i'm sure the experts will be here soon to help you out ;-)

hi

and welcome to the forum :)

i might be under correction, but i dont think you can drip into a Twisp.
as for the burn sting it could be because of the juice you are using.
i know some ppl had a burning throat for the 1st week but then it goes away

just remember to drink plenty of water, as vaping can de-hydrate you :) and water is healthy

Ok what you need to drip is either a RDA (rebuildable dripping atomizer) or a cartomizer, but lets go with the RDA (maybe a Trident), then you will need to build a coil for your RDA and then you will need a device to put the RDA on called a mechanical mod (like the Nemesis) and batteries to go in the Nemesis (thats only really needed for low Ohms)

Now this all sounds like way to much trouble just to drip juice in but it is so worth its while

Hi i am a newbie and been of cigs nw for a month hooray to me i need advice as i currently have a twisp clearo lite however i want to also drip any advice if i can drip with the twisp or do i need a whole new setup..also why is it that i get a burn/sting on my tongue n throat yet with a cig no matter what strength i dnt have that prob

Most welcome to the forum. From twisp to a dripper is a radical move, which requires quite a lot of knowledge. This knowledge you can only get if you read extensively on this forum or meet an experienced vaper to help you or go to a shop with experienced staff. Where are you situated?

Hi @Imotions welcome to the forum, and congrats on your stinky free days

My advice is, read read read

There are tons of threads on this forum that will assist you

Warm welcome to you @Imotions - I agree with everybody, read and get to your nearest supplier to assist you, if you are close to any of the listed suppliers on this forum.

Thanks for the replies.... is dripping same as your hooka(hubbly).... i have been reading threads but still cant understand why i get a sting/burn on my throat n tongue. Ive tried mixing and adding 0nic but stillget it.

Thanks for the replies.... is dripping same as your hooka(hubbly).... i have been reading threads but still cant understand why i get a sting/burn on my throat n tongue. Ive tried mixing and adding 0nic but stillget it.

Hi there, do you still get a burn in your throat with 0 mg nicotine?

Yes i have a new coil in and i mix the 0mg nicotine and still get that feeling...

Further how can i or what can i use/do so i am able to take long drags

i can help you out with the longer drags situation, @devdev put me onto a lung hit and it's AMAZING. Being off stinkies for a month already (congratulations :party::clap:) you have gotten back a lot of lung capacity already, well that's what i found... Now as ex-smokers we are used to pulling into the mouth and then to the lungs. if you open your mouth slightly while puffing on your mod you are pulling directly into your lungs. your lungs have more capacity than your mouth and therefore you can have a way bigger and longer hit :rock:??

i can help you out with the longer drags situation, @devdev put me onto a lung hit and it's AMAZING. Being off stinkies for a month already (congratulations :party::clap:) you have gotten back a lot of lung capacity already, well that's what i found... Now as ex-smokers we are used to pulling into the mouth and then to the lungs. if you open your mouth slightly while puffing on your mod you are pulling directly into your lungs. your lungs have more capacity than your mouth and therefore you can have a way bigger and longer hit :rock:??

Indeed, also took me awhile to get used to doing lung hits, now it's my preferred kinda drag/vape whatever..

Firstly, congratulations on quitting the stinkies.

To answer your question regarding dripping. No you can not drip on a Twisp Clearo, for that you need a RBA (Rebuild-able Atomizer) where you would build your own coil and wick setup. And yes you would need to purchase a RBA. You could vape a dripper on the Twisp battery but a good idea would be to get a mechanical mod, which is a metal tube into which you insert a battery. There are different size batteries 18350; 18490 / 18500 and 18650 each giving you longer battery life, and then you would need a separate battery charger.

But with the right dripper and resistance build the Twisp 3.7v battery can give you pretty good result in terms of performance, but the battery life will not be as long as with higher resistance devices.

As for the burn/sting in your throat, that could be a number of reasons -

1. your coils could be at end of life and needs to be replaced
2. the strength of the juice you are vaping, nic level
3. PG to VG ratio of the juice you are vaping
4. amount of airflow you getting on the draw

And more, can not nail it down to a single cause, you would need to experiment to find the solution.

Stick around there be a lot more very good advice coming from some of the more experienced members on this forum.

I have had occasions where someone would ask to try my vape (and I'm always keen on letting them) where their reaction to vapor is extreme. Most just inhale it normally as it's only 6mg, but some really cough badly from the sensation.

Could be various factors causing this for you, but you might just also be one of these people who might find it slightly harder to adapt. Good news is everyone adapts. Change it up a little and see if if you find a comfort spot. You won't know by just playing with one setup either. It's a journey and a very enjoyable one with it's ups and downs. I have full confidence that you'll find something that works just right.

I would also advise against going to dripping route right now. It's a very big step and if your sensitive to vapor a dripper is REALLY not going to solve your issue.

Firstly, congratulations on quitting the stinkies.

To answer your question regarding dripping. No you can not drip on a Twisp Clearo, for that you need a RBA (Rebuild-able Atomizer)

Unless you can find a 510 or a 306 atomizer, but I doubt many even remember what that is :D

What juice do you use? Normally nic level and high PG gives a burning sensation as it contributes to the throat hit. I know the liqua juice uses abt a 70% PG to 30% VG if you are using that brand, perhaps try a 50/50 or even less PG.

Sent from my S4 LTE using my finger

Wow theres alot more to it than just putting liquid n puffing... i think basically i am or had expectation of smoking it as a normal cig where i could take long drags... i have tried pulling direct into the lungs once but the twisp just like stopped burning or cut off hence reason i ask about dripping

I have liqua 0mg nic twisp rebel n cherry n a few other flavs but cnt remember the make/name

So if im looking for a basic starter kit to drip whats the cost gna b like im in gauteng jhb

Back