PLEASE READ!!! HELP TO SAVE VAPING

Done as well.

Just remember, a few months from now when these laws come to pass and the juices start to dry up and you wish you had a say in this. This is your chance to say something about it. Being cynical is not going to help you or anybody. Just 2 minutes is all it takes. Do it during your vape break.

And spread the word. I don't mind if I have to see the same poll 10 times a day.

Hi @MoneymanVape , have moved the above two posts to this identical thread that was created on 13May

Will there be legal action taken , or some form of discussion with government and when ?
I heard about councils and whatnot being formed , but can we get a bit more information please ?
Maybe the original creator(s) of the form can chime in ?

@Silver maybe a good idea to setup a homepage link or informational instead of everyone posting random links and whatnot ?

What @Daniel said ^^. I think the industry needs to start communicating. We have heard a million times that we should sign the petition. We have not heard a word about what the industry is doing. I realise they may not want to disclose publicly what counter-arguments they will present. But giving us the reassurance that they are burning the midnight oil might inspire more vapers to sign.

This unfortunately has been a big problem in the US. Advocacy is seen as the obligation of the vaping consumer, not vaping businesses. Wayne talked about it last night:

So the consumers are being urged to donate $$$$ to a lawsuit to fight the FDA, but the juice companies aren't being seen to do their bit despite several juice company owners driving Lambos. It is possibly a misperception, maybe juice companies are fighting hard and paying big. But if they're doing it behind closed doors, it's not sending the right message. As Concrete notes in the video, "vapefam" seems to translate as "it is YOUR job as consumers to ensure that WE vaping companies keep making profits without regulation getting in our way". It's not a good situation.

Big tobacco has fought plain packaging regulations around the world. They don't do it by urging smokers to sign petitions. They don't rely on the consumer because it's not the consumers' livelihood. It is big tobacco's livelihood so they know consumers aren't going to fight very hard for them.

This is why I always fast forward past the advocacy segments at the start of vaping vlogs. Sorry but it is not my job to donate money to CASAA. When I make my living from vaping, then it will be my job to donate.

Will there be legal action taken , or some form of discussion with government and when ?
I heard about councils and whatnot being formed , but can we get a bit more information please ?
Maybe the original creator(s) of the form can chime in ?

@Silver maybe a good idea to setup a homepage link or informational instead of everyone posting random links and whatnot ?

Thanks @Daniel

I have been in touch with the VPA and we have created a subforum for them to use this platform to communicate what is going on and hopefully give us updates.

I hope they will start posting on it soon

What @Daniel said ^^. I think the industry needs to start communicating. We have heard a million times that we should sign the petition. We have not heard a word about what the industry is doing. I realise they may not want to disclose publicly what counter-arguments they will present. But giving us the reassurance that they are burning the midnight oil might inspire more vapers to sign.

This unfortunately has been a big problem in the US. Advocacy is seen as the obligation of the vaping consumer, not vaping businesses. Wayne talked about it last night:

So the consumers are being urged to donate $$$$ to a lawsuit to fight the FDA, but the juice companies aren't being seen to do their bit despite several juice company owners driving Lambos. It is possibly a misperception, maybe juice companies are fighting hard and paying big. But if they're doing it behind closed doors, it's not sending the right message. As Concrete notes in the video, "vapefam" seems to translate as "it is YOUR job as consumers to ensure that WE vaping companies keep making profits without regulation getting in our way". It's not a good situation.

Big tobacco has fought plain packaging regulations around the world. They don't do it by urging smokers to sign petitions. They don't rely on the consumer because it's not the consumers' livelihood. It is big tobacco's livelihood so they know consumers aren't going to fight very hard for them.

This is why I always fast forward past the advocacy segments at the start of vaping vlogs. Sorry but it is not my job to donate money to CASAA. When I make my living from vaping, then it will be my job to donate.

Some very interesting thoughts here .... so the question is when does it become more of a social responsibility of the vaping community including vendors ? Seems our local vendors are stepping up , I for one am hopeful that we will be able to fight the fight , even if that means going to the Constitutional Court .... which I think is where this will have to end up ....

Back