Pls Help - Svd Not Working :(

ShaneW

Juicy Joes Owner
ECIGSSA Donor
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
Woke up this morning and my beloved SVD has an issue.
Everytime I hit the vape button it says 0.0A which would mean a short circuit.
Using a PT2 mini but it's not the atty as I have changed coils and also does it with my RDA.

If I remove the atty and fire it and then screw the atty on while holding the button in it works. But can't fire again while it's screwed on as it says 0.0A again.

It's also not an internal short as it fires fine without the atty.

Anyone had this issue before?

Some possible solutions from Reddit:

I had this happen and I fixed it just yesterday. Your problem may be something different, but what happened with mine is the rubber grommet under the center pin had been cut through. Partially because the factory grommet is pretty thin, partially because I screwed my 510 connector tanks (protank, iclear30) down too hard on it.

If it keeps giving you problems, use needle nose pliers to wiggle the center pin all the way out of the hole. Inspect the white grommet and if it is torn or twisted, remove it completely. You won't hurt anything if you're gentle. I was pleased to find the connector to the center pin was very well soldered and shrink wrap insulated, indicative of high build quality. I have heard of the same thing happening with Vamos, and when you pull the pin out of those, you see a crappy soldering job with no shrink wrap.

I took the body with me to Lowe's hardware and found an o-ring in the plumbing section that fit fairly well (I believe it was a #6 or maybe the #5. Fit it over the center pin and pushed the pin back down. This o-ring is a good bit thicker than the original grommet so the center pin sits a little higher, so your 510 tanks won't sit 100% flush with the beauty ring, but it works perfect now and seems to have tightened the draw up a little, which is great when using a kanger T3.

You may be able to find a grommet that works better, but I had limited time to look around.

My SVD was having center pin problems again yesterday that I couldn't fix by prodding so I took your advice and that fixed it. The #5 and #6 were too big though. I used a #60.

This happened to my SVD and my brother's vamo as well after putting an IGO-L on them. Take a toothpick or something similar and lever the center pin up a bit and it'll work.

It's the center post on the 30s then. Those posts have a couple mm of play but aren't removable on the SVD, IClears, or most devices. Only a few mods have removable posts. If you take them out you'll damage your device. Just work around the edges with a small flat object lightly until the center posts aren't flush with the threading anymore. You can clean your 510 connection with a qtip soaked in alcohol, then run a dry one through there.

You're right, the center pin is not soldered to the body and shouldn't be completely removed from the wiring unless you know how to solder it back together. But you can pull it up out of the hole without damaging it. It is well soldered and shrink wrapped. This makes it easy to replace the little white grommet that seals the area around the pin from juice getting into the circuits.

darn that's a weird fault. when i had something very similar with my evic it was the coil shorting. sometimes it buggers around and i have to unscrew all the bits, swop batteries and that might work? hopefully someone else with a clue will chime in soon

edit : um what andre' said :)

Yup, see @Matthee post. That was my problem. I just used the grommet from an old carto tank, and added it to the existing grommet under the 510 centre pin, that was worn out, and subsequently it fires all atties again. Hope this will help you, as it's a fairly common problem with the svd.

Thanks guys, unfortunately hasn't solved the problem.

It is still under warranty as it's only a month old. The problem is I have to send it away and wait for a replacement.

So back to stinkies it is for now :(:(:(

Gonna have to get a 2nd mod, it's the only thing I don't have a spare of.

i have a spare evic i can send you. its one of the old ones, regulated voltage only but it turns on and works :)
just gonna cost you whatever postage method you prefer

Attachments

• 5771fdb0-0d06-466b-a379-f020e46269da_zpsd1979ad4.jpg
    5771fdb0-0d06-466b-a379-f020e46269da_zpsd1979ad4.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 9
i have a spare evic i can send you. its one of the old ones, regulated voltage only but it turns on and works :)
just gonna cost you whatever postage method you prefer

Wow Thanks bud really appreciate the offer!
But it's cool, will send this one back and get it replaced, hopefully will be sorted by Monday.
Would've done it yesterday but been out of town.

Thanks again for the offer, I'm blown away by your willingness to help a stranger!

Back