Post your top 10 (MTL)

CJB85

Enthusiastically Clueless
LV

Awards
Here is one for all the lovers of a good MTL vape.

I would like to see everyone’s all-time top 10 list. This could be a combination of the best you have owned and those that you wish you could own.
Feel free to list “in no particular order” but do mention whether the list is ordered or not.

I’m sure @Timwis , @Dela Rey Steyn , @Grand Guru , @GSM500 and @Silver can add some thoughts here?

I'm going to mention the few RTAs that I enjoy using in no particular order with Pros and Cons

1. Siren 2 22mm (all-round winner, no particular cons) The best in every single way!
2. Vertex (same as the Siren)
3. Cthulu Artemis (getting used to the turning base is a pain, otherwise ease of build and awesome vape)
4. Intake MTL (apart from the false good idea of the inverted threading on the screws, no particular cons. Awesome vape)
5. Expromizer V5 (all-round winner, extra + on the extensiion kit)
6. Glaz Mini (can't use bigger than 2.5mm coils, no other cons. Awesome vape)
7. Brunhilde MTL (wicking can sometimes be slow through the rods. I compensate by tilting the RTA. Airfllow adjustment not accurate)
8. Vapefly Galaxies RDTA (could be much better with a bigger tank capacity but you can put it on a squonk mod)
9. Beserker V2 (ease of build, great vape. Top cap unscrews when you screw the tank on the mod)
10. Tauren MTL (great all-around winner. Accurate airflow control. The only con is the bloody metal sleeve which doesn't allow you to see the fluid level)
11. Aladdin MTL RTA (ease of build, great flavour and airflow control uite accurate. The Top cap unscrews very easily inside my pocket)
12. Mulan RDTA (as great as the Galaxies with the same cons)
13. Hellvape MD (great all-aound winner. The only con is top gasket which is very loose and I often get backflow of juice when filling)
14. Pioneer MTL (great all-a round winner, building/wicking not for beginners)
15. Ares V1 and V2 (no big difference between the 2). Great all-around winners

And the list goes on... (Skyline, Rose, Dot MTL, Reload MTL, Soulmate, Gata etc.)

Last edited:
Exvape Expromizer V4 (own it)
DotMod DOTMTL (own it, need another one in SS)
Kayfun Lite 2019 (owned it, enjoyed the Expro V4 more)
Italian Boomstick Reaper RDA (own it)
TVGC Rook RTA (dont own it... yet... but one day...)
Exvape Expromizer V4 (wait, I said it already, but yeah, it will make the list twice)
Tauren MTL RTA (own it, and just because it's a Tauren, and the flavor is damn nice)
Advken Manta MTL RTA (owned it, got rid of it... the flavor was damn nice, but boy is it a pain to wick...)
Oxva Arbiter MTL RTA (not yet... will get there...)
Vaping V1ck and 3CVape Savour MTL RTA (owned it, outgrew it, but still a very good RTA in my books)

What have you got on the list @CJB85?

Hard to follow @Grand Guru, can't argue with any of his choices i would add the Nevermore, Rook, Wave, Tripod, Expro 3 (Fire) and i am hoping the Bishop after trying it! There are so many closely matched picking a top 10 is tricky because some like the Artemis and Glaz Mini are consistently excellent while others like the Pioneer changes from wicking to wicking, get it right it's fantastic but then the next time it goes down the pecking order! Also a shout out for the Soulmate which wouldn't quite be a top 10 candidate but is fantastic for it's price!

Hard to follow @Grand Guru, can't argue with any of his choices i would add the Nevermore, Rook, Wave, Tripod, Expro 3 (Fire) and i am hoping the Bishop after trying it! There are so many closely matched picking a top 10 is tricky because some like the Artemis and Glaz Mini are consistently excellent while others like the Pioneer changes from wicking to wicking, get it right it's fantastic but then the next time it goes down the pecking order! Also a shout out for the Soulmate which wouldn't quite be a top 10 candidate but is fantastic for it's price!

Just as i posted this the courier arrived:

IMG_8117.JPG

Exvape Expromizer V4 (own it)
DotMod DOTMTL (own it, need another one in SS)
Kayfun Lite 2019 (owned it, enjoyed the Expro V4 more)
Italian Boomstick Reaper RDA (own it)
TVGC Rook RTA (dont own it... yet... but one day...)
Exvape Expromizer V4 (wait, I said it already, but yeah, it will make the list twice)
Tauren MTL RTA (own it, and just because it's a Tauren, and the flavor is damn nice)
Advken Manta MTL RTA (owned it, got rid of it... the flavor was damn nice, but boy is it a pain to wick...)
Oxva Arbiter MTL RTA (not yet... will get there...)
Vaping V1ck and 3CVape Savour MTL RTA (owned it, outgrew it, but still a very good RTA in my books)

What have you got on the list @CJB85?
I have actually not owned that many to be honest.

The very good ones that I have owned are:
1) Expro V4 (wish I had hung on to it, but had to sell it to buy the V5), was fantastic in every way when built right.
2) Kayfun Lite 2019 (1:1 SXK clone), even better flavour than the Expro, but wasn't all that fond of the bottom fill. I also had the occasional gurgle, or dry hit, but that was user error.
3) Ether RTA, love the flavour, piece of cake to build, but it is a lot louder than the two above on anything but the smallest AF hole.

I also owned a Berserker, but could never manage to have multiple refills without it leaking like a sieve.
I had a Dvarw MTL (also a clone), but was completely underwhelmed by it and hated the stock driptip.

The ones I really, REALLY want:
1) Kayfun Lite + 2021 (SXK clone inbound)
2) Expro V5 (inbound)
3) Steam Tuners Edge (Ulton clone inbound)
4) Siren 2
5) Rose
6) Nevermore
7) Auguse Era Pro
8) Bishop
9) Glaz
10) Kayfun Prime
11) Artemis
12) Vertex

I will try and build up as much from this list over the next year as I can, I have realised that as much as I like the DL things in my collection (not much, just a Zeus, Blotto, Citadel clone and an Aromamizer V2), I always keep falling back on MTL.

Taifun GTR Clone with the Artemis drip tip!

IMG_8123.JPG

Also got a couple of Doggystyles that give a great vape! (Again both clones)!

I have actually not owned that many to be honest.

The very good ones that I have owned are:
1) Expro V4 (wish I had hung on to it, but had to sell it to buy the V5), was fantastic in every way when built right.
2) Kayfun Lite 2019 (1:1 SXK clone), even better flavour than the Expro, but wasn't all that fond of the bottom fill. I also had the occasional gurgle, or dry hit, but that was user error.
3) Ether RTA, love the flavour, piece of cake to build, but it is a lot louder than the two above on anything but the smallest AF hole.

I also owned a Berserker, but could never manage to have multiple refills without it leaking like a sieve.
I had a Dvarw MTL (also a clone), but was completely underwhelmed by it and hated the stock driptip.

The ones I really, REALLY want:
1) Kayfun Lite + 2021 (SXK clone inbound)
2) Expro V5 (inbound)
3) Steam Tuners Edge (Ulton clone inbound)
4) Siren 2
5) Rose
6) Nevermore
7) Auguse Era Pro
8) Bishop
9) Glaz
10) Kayfun Prime
11) Artemis
12) Vertex

I will try and build up as much from this list over the next year as I can, I have realised that as much as I like the DL things in my collection (not much, just a Zeus, Blotto, Citadel clone and an Aromamizer V2), I always keep falling back on MTL.
I’d put the vertex on top of the list. It’s locally available and very affordable. The Siren 2, you may get one in the classifieds with a bit of luck but they’re very scarce… I’m holding onto mine until they die!

I see them often on 3fvape and keep putting them in and out of my shopping cart :cool: I can’t find any reviews about them…
Mines the Shenray Clone! Clones are reviewed less often because it's not worth the hassle of the anti clone brigade spitting their dummies out!

I see them often on 3fvape and keep putting them in and out of my shopping cart :cool: I can’t find any reviews about them…
I find it easy to build and wick, really good flavour, juice flow control, reasonably tight and medium MTL draws!

I find it easy to build and wick, really good flavour, juice flow control, reasonably tight and medium MTL draws!
I'll give it a shot as soon as shipping issues normalize again... My last 2 orders took about 6 months to arrive from the motherland so I decided to suspend all buys until further notice.

Seeing the GLAZ Mini pop up, forgot that I want to add that one to the xmas list too...

And anyone tried the Aspire Neeko out yet?

Can't really give you a top 10 but here goes.

First Place
Kayfun Prime - Been using them for years and have a few of them. Just love this tank, can't put it down. It does have the occasional leak on refill but that could be age and a lack of servicing on my part because I should change the Orings more often. It is also not a super-tight MTL, even on the smallest AF hole. I have the new Wave drip tips (now called the Figura tips) which I highly recommend.

Runners up
The below I have enjoyed a lot but could not quite knock the KF Prime off it's top place. I won't put in any specific order
Vertex RTA
Ether RTA
Expromizer V4
Siren 2 (Used this for a while before discovering the KF Prime)

Tried and tested
Some others that I also had/used that are worth mentioning in no particular order
Kayfun Lite 2019
Hellvape MD
Precisio

First Place
Kayfun Prime - Been using them for years and have a few of them. Just love this tank, can't put it down. It does have the occasional leak on refill but that could be age and a lack of servicing on my part because I should change the Orings more often. It is also not a super-tight MTL, even on the smallest AF hole. I have the new Wave drip tips (now called the Figura tips) which I highly recommend.

Runners up
The below I have enjoyed a lot but could not quite knock the KF Prime off it's top place. I won't put in any specific order
Vertex RTA
Ether RTA
Expromizer V4

Tried and tested
Some others that I also had/used that are worth mentioning in no particular order
Kayfun Lite 2019
Hellvape MD
Precisio

If I remember correctly you had the 24mm Siren 2? The 22mm outshines it by a country mile!

If I remember correctly you had the 24mm Siren 2? The 22mm outshines it by a country mile!
Yes, I had the 24mm and didn't have any issues at all with it. Really enjoyed it. It beat the OG Berserker which was released at the same time.

It's now my BIL's ADV

First Place

Runners up
Vertex RTA
Ether RTA
Expromizer V4

Tried and tested
Kayfun Lite 2019
Hellvape MD
Precisio
If you ever feel that one of the Primes need a new home...1863CBBB-7A57-4527-AEF4-6E048CD802EE.jpeg

In my league,
Galaxies RTDA 1.
Dwarv MTL 2.(clone)
Berserker RDA 3.

Sub tanks. Nautilus-2 (4).
Twisp Vega 5.
What I have and had that I like and liked.
And yes I have a wishlist ,but that's for another day.

Just when i didn't think airflow could get any smoother! Idiot proof build and wick! Top flavour!

img_8129-jpg.234128

Back