Protank Mini 3 Going Through Coils Quick

rogue zombie

Vaping Addict
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
My tank has gone through 2 coils in a week. This can't be right can it?

This happening to anyone else?

I'm using a EVOD 650w battery, but am planning on buying a Spinner 2. Now I'm worried this will make it even worse.

What juice are you using? Is it clear or dark?

@r0gue z0mbie what resistance are your coils? And when you say gone through what exactly do you mean? Do they stop producing vapour and firing at all, or is it just the amount of vapour gets reduced to an unsatisfying vape?

That's strange. Mayb your battery is not charged enough to heat the coil up adequately.

I also found the newer sealed coils are much better than the older one. U can't recoil them though, I broke 2 just trying to open them up :fubar:

It definitely could be a power issue, I have found with RY4 juices and actually most tobaccos the first vapes on a tank are great but after a while I need to up my voltage a bit to get the same hit. Not 100% as to why but I think it might be due to build up on the coil itself like caramelization or something like that. They are also one of the only flavour types where the juice gets progressively darker as I vape. The spinner is a must have for you I think, really changes the vape experience, definitely makes the most of a good tank and juice combo.
Hope it comes right!

Thank you both very much.

Pitty, because RY4 is my go-to juice. And I was hoping to use normal batteries during the day and leave a Spinner for home.

It is most likely due to gunking up of your coil (Due to the dark juices, this happens alot quicker).

The best thing to do to get a better vape is to rewick the coil with cotton.

This is done by taking the silica wick (fibres sticking out the sides of the coil in between the cutouts) by pulling it out gently with a pair of tweezers.

Looking between the cut outs of the coil chamber you should be able to see the two round coils running parrellel with the base of the coil.

Take a piece of 100% natural cotton (I use those standard rolls of Dove orgainic cotton) and roll it into a strand that is thick enough to fit through each coil ( Takes a bit of practice to find the right amount as too much or too little will starve the coil) and pull it through; the optimimum amount is when you can freely pull it through the coil without it being too loose or difficult to pull through.

After the coil has been thread through, cut off the over hanging edges to match a standard coil the pre wet the wick with some juice before placing it back and you will be all ready to vape again! In fact you will find that after this type of rewick you flavor and vape production will actually increase.

Another plus side is that this will increase the life of your coil as the coil itself can be reused multiple times as the wick is usually the part that causes the coil to fail (Only relevant to low vapor production and not for when the coil will not fire at all which indicate a break in the coil wire.). Once mastered a singal 5 pack of coils could last you a good 6 months plus using this method.

I hope this info helps

Here is a link to a pictured tutorial.

http://allaboute-cigarettes.proboards.com/thread/34138/kanger-aerotank-review-rebuild-pics

It shows you how to rebuild a complete coil from scratch but it will give you an idea of the inner workings of the coil and the areas I spoke about above.

It might look like a mission to do at first glance but believe me, after the first one or two done; you'll start feeling like a pro.:nerd:

Any additional help just pop a message through.:call:

If the coil is black, give it a few pulses from the battery; letting it just glow red and then release, do this a couple of times before re-wicking and you should be good to go!

I give HRH's mPT3 coils the Vodka treatment after about 3 tanks for a longer life. Rinse coil unit under hot water. Throw into closed jar with vodka, leave for at least 24 hours or as long as you like, rinse again, leave to dry, use. Always have a few in rotation that way.

What's an alternative to using Vodka?

Cane?................Anything with a high alcohol content will do, the higher the better. Rubbing alcohol. I use 96 % Vodka.
I wonder if I can get some surgical grade stuff. That should work.

I think if i wash my coils in Vodka, they won't be classified as halaal anymore :rofl::rofl:

I wonder if I can get some surgical grade stuff. That should work.

I think if i wash my coils in Vodka, they won't be classified as halaal anymore :rofl::rofl:
Yip, sure surgical grade will work.....just rinse very well afterwards.

Make sure your battery contacts and the contact of the mpt3 is clean.

I use surgical alcohol and an ear bud to clean them.

What I do with my coils

Use coil for about two to three days.
Rinse under hot water
Leave to dry (Can put on top of an oil heater to speed up the process)
Dry burn (Until you can see the coil burning red when looking down the chimney and there is no more smoke and or bad smell)
Rinse again in water and leave overnight in vodka (the vodka removes the burning taste and smell)
Rinse under water again to get rid of vodka
Leave to dry
Ready to use again.

if you suck on the coils chimney and you get a burning taste put in vodka for another day.

The above steps has seriously improved the life of my coils.

I also found I was flying through coils that weren't original kanger coils- fasttech . Got original kanger coils and it's like chalk and cheese.
Recoiling them takes practice, I had plenty gurgling and flooding until I got it right. Once you do, your coils will probably beat the kanger ones hands down.

Back