PSU's (Desktop Power Supplies)

RainstormZA

Grumpy Old Vaper
LV

Awards
So it came to the time to replace old or faulty hardware.

My Gigabyte Odin 750w PSU died yesterday, after serving me faithfully for just over 8 years.

When I went to look for replacements, to my surprise, I did not find one Gigabyte psu on the tech market. Just a couple brands unknown to me - Huntkey, Raidmax, you name it. Why are there no Gigabyte psu's being sold?

I had to opt for the more expensive brand known to me for their durability and long warranty - Corsair. Coolermaster is decent, in my opinion. I even have the Corsair Vengeance ram modules.

All the well known brands I used to know are disappearing. What's happening here? I've been out the IT sector for far too long.

I've had my Corsair 750W PSU since 2011 and still going strong. Very good PSU imo. One of the best out there.

I have a "super flower" psu, never heard of it. The only reason I have it is because wootware suggested it and it's certified

When shopping for a new PC PSU, find out who actually makes the model you're after. Corsair is mostly rebranded Seasonic or Channel Well both of which are very good. FSP is also worth mentioning.

@RainstormZA
Raidmax is a rebrand made by: Sun Pro, Andyson, ATNG, Topower.
Huntkey is made by: Huntkey and Shenzen Chi Yuan.

My info about Corsair yesterday is not quite correct. Corsair do design PSU's and have them manufactured by Seasonic and Channel Well, so they are not rebrands.

Last edited:
Yesterday I opened up my seagate poratble harddisk and found a samsung harddrive in it !!!

Back