Purilum - Concentrate Reviews

PUR Gummy Candy

Setup: Pulse 24, N80 Fused Claptons @ .24 ohms. 60w power. Full Cotton Wicks.

Testing: PUR Gummy Candy @ 4%,, 5%, 6%, 7%. 70/30 VG/PG, Steeped 21 days.

Initial SNV thoughts: Slightly perfumed and unmistakable jelly baby flavour and texture. Mild at 4%. Solid, chewy mouthfeel as it should be.

Flavour Description: The taste has become even milder with a steep. The slightly dense texture is still there. Sugar strong on the inhale with a powdered sugar feel that leaves my lips sweet. Getting a delicate Turkish Delight on the back notes. On the exhale a flavour like slightly overly chewed Wicks. You know that you still have a way to go, but it’s becoming flat. It’s exactly like the look that Drippers get two drags before a dry hit. Above 6% there’s an unpleasant metallic element growing, so I think that 4-6% is the right place.

Throat Hit: 0/10. Nothing noticeable.

Uses: I wouldn’t see anyone wanting to vape this as a single flavour. It doesn’t have enough of a personality. That said, it would be a great asset as a candy finisher. Because of that Wicks exhale, it would allow a candy based vape to acquire an additional texture to add to the complexity of the mix. The slight chewy texture would also not go amiss. I suspect that it would work well with CAP’s Jelly Candy at a 1:2 ratio to give you full-on jelly baby.

Overall: Limited application and mostly for those working in the sweet shop. That said, I always wonder what would happen if you coupled it to a fruity mix (2-4%). I think it would be too shy to impose but might add that little complexity that no-one would be able to pinpoint and would definitely add intrigue.

Back