Ratios on existing e-liquids.

Hey @Silver, no idea mate. It is a brand called Liqua (apparently Italian) which I used all the time for my Twisp, and always bought from the Chinese retailers out here in Centurion (R30 for 30ml). They do not give the ratio on the label, only the ingredients. But compared to the liquid I bought with the Subox a week ago, it is significantly thinner, much more flowing than the almost syrup like stuff I have now. I am using the coil that came stock with the kit.

Brother , be careful of that stuff. There is a good chance it is a dodgy knock off of the original Liqua and I suggest you keep away from it. At R30 per 30ml it may seem like a good deal but you have no idea what is in there. Rather spend a little more on some decent liquid from local vendors. I have tried the Liqua you are talking about and my estimation (I am no expert) would be that the ratio would be around 70 - 80pg in those liquids. Please proceed with caution.

+1 on what @Neal said above

@COA Tracks , the original authentic Liqua which you can buy from a reputable vendor (like Vapour Mountain or eCiggies on this forum) is about 70% PG if memory serves me correctly. So it is quite a thin juice and depending on your wicking in a rebuildable it may lead to some leaking. But i doubt it would destroy your mod. That said, i didnt find much joy with the Liqua juices. One or two were okay but i found them generally aimed at low power Clearo devices, not rebuildables at higher power.

If you had a 70% PG mix in a 30ml bottle and wanted to bring it up to say 50% VG or said differently, bring the PG down to 50% you would add 12ml of VG.

Here is the formula for you

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454303178.573364.jpg

where
  • x = the quantity of VG you need to add.
  • The 0.3 is the VG ratio (30%) in the existing liquid and
  • the 30 is the amount of the original liquid...
  • The 0.5 is the desired VG target (50%)

Last edited:
Oops, i made a small mistake in the formula above @COA Tracks
Standby while I correct it and make a change
Lol

Oops, i made a small mistake in the formula above @COA Tracks
Standby while I correct it and make a change
Lol

Have made the change to the formula picture.
The answer is 12ml of VG, not 10 as I had it before.
In my haste when solving for x , I incorrectly thought 30*(0.3) was 10, but its actually 9.
What a goose I am

Anyway, dont worry, i have made the change and its all right now. Hope it helps

Have made the change to the formula picture.
The answer is 12ml of VG, not 10 as I had it before.
In my haste when solving for x , I incorrectly thought 30*(0.3) was 10, but its actually 9.
What a goose I am

Anyway, dont worry, i have made the change and its all right now. Hope it helps
HiHo @Silver agreed:giggle:. You would need 12ml of VG to bring the ratio to 50/50.
Here's another way to look at it:

30ml 30VG/70PG (30VG = 30%VG and 70PG = 70%PG) as per the existing liquid.

VG in 30ml is 9ml (30ml X 30% = 9ml) from above.

PG in 30ml is 30ml - 9ml (VG from above) = 21ml PG.

To get 50/50 both parts must be the same volume (ml)

To get VG ratio to 21ml (PG from above) you need to add 12ml of VG to the exsisting mixture (that already has 9ml of VG) and you will have 42ml total volume of e-liquid with 21ml PG and 21ml VG.

@COA Tracks from my travels I`ve deduced that we get ripped a new one for a lot of things here in SA, clothes, hardware, electronics (not talking about vape gear) etc. Having said that, R30 for 30ml of LIQUA e-liquid, for me, would set off all sorts of alarm bells.

Example: On Fasttech the authentic Liqua e-liquid, 30ml, goes for between $4.50 and $5.50. Converting that to Rands using the current exchange rate 1$=R16) is roughly between R72 and R88. Lets say the supplier bought it awhile back (July 2015 $1 = R12.20) that would be between R55 and R67. Once you add in profit margins etc, you can see our reason for concern.

Hey @Silver, no idea mate. It is a brand called Liqua (apparently Italian) which I used all the time for my Twisp, and always bought from the Chinese retailers out here in Centurion (R30 for 30ml). They do not give the ratio on the label, only the ingredients. But compared to the liquid I bought with the Subox a week ago, it is significantly thinner, much more flowing than the almost syrup like stuff I have now. I am using the coil that came stock with the kit.

not to cause any alarms but i would stay away from those juices. i had a horrible experience that resulted in some painful mouth sores and blisters.

Back