Reaver's Vape Blog # 7 - RDA vs RDTA: What’s The Best Vape Tank Option

MartinDC

"for the Ultimate VapExperience…."
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
Johannesburg South, Gauteng, South Africa
RDA vs RDTA – What’s The Best Vape Tank Option?
Written and supplied courtesy of:

user-avatar-pic.php

Drake Equation and VapeBeat

Published on July 3, 2017
"Drake takes a look at two very specific types of vape tanks – RDA vs RDTA – in a bid to explain the virtues of both setups"

"You’re here because you want to know the difference between an RDA and an RDTA. More specifically, you’re probably wondering which is the best, overall setup for performance, flavor, and clouds. Basically, this article is all about RDA vs RDTA – and which is the best, overall setup?"

It’s a good question. And this is exactly what we’ll try and answer in this post, as it is something I get asked A LOT by friends and readers of VapeBeat.

All I got for you is my honest opinion. I use both types of tanks, so this piece will take a look at the pros and cons of each, as well as suggest a few potential options for you to consider.

If you’re new to vaping, but you’re after the best possible experience, I would advise you to get some experience under your belt before diving into the world of RDA and RDTA tanks.

They can be fiddly and leaky and a little bit annoying if you don’t know what you’re doing. But don’t let me stop you from trying. Just remember: there IS a learning curve with these tanks – and they don’t function OR perform like standard sub-ohm setups.

RDA vs RDTA: What’s In A Name…
In this context, quite a bit. But first, let’s get the “definitions” out of the way:

• RDA: Rebuildable Dripping Atomiser
  • RDTA: Rebuildable Dripping Tank Atomiser
An RDA is like a 1960s sports car; it’s basic but awesome fun in the right hands. They are also all about performance. With an RDA you will get the biggest clouds and the best flavor.

These tanks are ALL ABOUT performance, flavor, and clouds. This is why all the pros’ use them.

RDAs themselves are very simple too. Essentially, all you have is a deck and a chimney. There is no room for juice, other than on the wick itself and the teeny tiny juice holes below.

This is why they’re called drippers – you have to drip fresh juice onto the wick every six drags or so.

The upshot of this is that you get insane flavour and MASSIVE clouds, especially if you’re rocking decent coils (I tend to use Aliens). But the downside is that you constantly have to drip fresh juice onto the wick in order to keep on vaping, which isn’t ideal for everybody.

RDA tanks are super simple to set up and wick, however, more so than RDTAs and RTAs. They also deliver better flavor, so long as you don’t mind the hassle of dripping E Juice every few tokes.

Personally, I find RDAs a bit annoying. I do use them all the time, but only when I am sat at my desk. When I’m out and about I use sub-ohm tanks or RDTAs, as these carry juice and don’t require constant refills.

But if flavour’s your thang… well, it don’t get much better than an RDA.

The GOON LP RDA by Custom Vapes
And if you’re after the best RDA in the business, you need to check out the GOON LP RDA available at various Vape Stores, which, in my humble opinion, is the best RDA you can buy right now.

OK – So What About RDTA Tanks?
This is where it gets a little more interesting. RDTA tanks are kind of like a Goldilocks-style setup that aims to bring together the best of RDA tanks and traditional, sub-ohm tanks.

They function like an RDA, meaning you build on a deck and use a wick, but unlike their RDA counterparts, RDTA tanks have built-in juice storage, so you don’t need to constantly drip.

For me, RDTA tanks are the best overall option, as they’re less hassle than an RDA, you can take one out with you, for instance, and you don’t have to be dripping every five minutes, but they still pack in plenty of performance.

Most RDTA tanks can store around 3ml of E Juice, some do 5ml, but in my experience, most are 3ml, which is more than enough to keep you vaping for a good couple of hours.

I’ve tried tons of RDTA tanks in the past 12 months, but my absolute favorite has to be the GAIA RDTA by Cthulhu Mods. Why, you ask? Simple: it is super-easy to setup and it vapes like a monster.

The packaging it comes in is superb and the machining of the tank itself is razor-sharp. Basically, everything is on point. And, last but not least, it can squonk, which means even less dripping and more vaping.

GAIA-RDTA-1-300x144.png

I have been using the GAIA RDTA for a solid two months now, basically, ever since it arrived on my doorstep. It does everything I want and it is super easy to live with. There might be better RDTAs on the horizon, but for now, this is my daily driver.

RDA vs RDTA: What’s The Best For You?
Whatever setup you go for, I can guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Both RDA and RDTA tanks offer up some of the best vaping experiences around. RDA tanks are the gold-standard for clouds and flavour, but RDTAs bring convenience, as well as flavor and clouds, to the mix.

If you’re a serious vaper, which I’m guessing you are as you’re on a vaping website, then I would advise you to buy both styles of tank and experiment with them. Neither is better or worse than the other; they’re just different.

If I could only choose one, I would go with an RDTA, as I prefer not having to drip so often. But that’s me; you might be different. Whichever you go for, though, you can expect to have a seriously good time vaping on these style of tanks, as they’re basically the V12 engines of the vaping world

Written and supplied courtesy of:
Drake Equation and VapeBeat
Initially posted in VapeBeat on June 21, 2017

Back