Rebirth of a Steamcrave Squonker

Christos

Reonaut
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
LV

Awards
So the steamcrave leaked ever so slightly and this annoyed the bee jeezus out of me.
Put a fat daddy v5 bf 510 in.
Not to happy with the spring loaded 510 as it doesn't play nicely with the nuppin.
Cyclone seems fine on this. Might even use my bf velocity but I never get enough flavour from the velocity.
So far so good.

Before
2016-05-05 17.17.17.jpg
After
2016-05-05 17.17.01.jpg
2016-05-05 17.16.21.jpg 2016-05-05 17.16.38.jpg

I'm so upset. This 510 leaks like a prostitute after a busy nights work.
The original 510 didn't leak as bad as this!

Ok so this project is a huge fail.

510 leaks at the base. Don't know if I got a dud or if fat daddy 510s are about as useful as a politician.

Sorry to hear about the 510. Hope you get it sorted.

Sorry to hear about the 510. Hope you get it sorted.
Leaks from here.
2016-05-05 19.55.42.jpg
Thinking about filling that with an epoxy but then juice will live in the 510 indefinitely.
I have a reo 510 but I don't have a drill press to make an exact hole because the reo 510s are press fits.
Beings me to my next point, I have not come across anything better then a reo in terms of no leaks.

If you are thinking epoxy already try that fish tank type silicone sealer as a test much easier to remove it you see its not working out

Looking at the pic again zoomed in if it was mine with no spare to try I would silicone plug it

@Christos , this is bad, lucky for you you receive your goodies, my USPS parcel is still in transit......:(

That Fat Daddy 510 looks different to the ones I have just got. The seal on mine is a blue screw in device and should not be able to leak.20160506_092519.jpg

From what I have seen allot of people prefer the V4 not sure what all the differences are tho

It is the V3. The V4 has a similar insulator but white "plastic" and the V5 has the recessed insulator

It is the V3. The V4 has a similar insulator but white "plastic" and the V5 has the recessed insulator
I'm pretty sure what you have there is a BF V4 'short',the V3's are different altogether.
The 'white plastic' you refer to is also a V4 but its the 'long' version.
I've exchanged some PM's with @Christos and I'm testing a V5 at the moment to see if it leaks,at the moment it looks pretty much the same deal,it leaks!

Why does FDV still sell the v5 if it leaks? surely he knows the connector leaks?

Filled with epoxy. You can see the air bubble trapped.
Waiting for it to cure before I test again.
2016-05-06 15.23.12.jpg

I think the epoxy did the job because when I blow into the 510 and close the bottom feed hole no air escapes.

Air used to escape when doing this primative test before.

I'll wait till morning to test again with liquid.

Thats good news! Seems like the steamcrave will come to life again. :)

Back