Reo atty/juice question.

CosmicGopher

New Vaper
LV

Awards
With a smaller atty and single coil, say, the Reomizer 2, at a higher ohm of maybe 0.9 or above....I'm wondering what viscosity/ratio of juice worked better for you folks on your Reo? Did you favor 50/50, or 60/40 or 70/30? I'm considering a Reomizer 2 or similar single coil atty, don't mind MTL at all. I know there are more modern, more airy atty's, but I wanted to start out squonking with a more traditional setup. I've read alot on your Reo forum pages, but haven't seen much about what type of juice works well with these....or does it even matter? I have an LP Reo Grand on order and am really looking forward to it! A soon-to-be Reohead!

I see you are still in the process of getting a Atty. I also got some RM2's, they are great atty's, but why not go for something like the OL16? You can do a lot more builds, and are also great for MTL. Regarding flavour, you can't go wrong. Regarding VG/PG ratios, I have not had any issues on a RM2? Just keep your wick saturated. I prefer 50/50, 12 mg nic for a decent throat hit.

With a smaller atty and single coil, say, the Reomizer 2, at a higher ohm of maybe 0.9 or above....I'm wondering what viscosity/ratio of juice worked better for you folks on your Reo? Did you favor 50/50, or 60/40 or 70/30? I'm considering a Reomizer 2 or similar single coil atty, don't mind MTL at all. I know there are more modern, more airy atty's, but I wanted to start out squonking with a more traditional setup. I've read alot on your Reo forum pages, but haven't seen much about what type of juice works well with these....or does it even matter? I have an LP Reo Grand on order and am really looking forward to it! A soon-to-be Reohead!

Hi @CosmicGopher - congrats on the incoming Reo!

Fo me the RM2 (stock 1.2mm airhole) on my Reo is the best mouth to lung experience I have.
Perfect MTL draw for me. Accurate flavour and it vapes with vigour.

I am similar to @Petrus above. I prefer 50/50 for my Reo/RM2 juices because :
  • I like a bit more throat hit (from the higher PG ratio). I usually vape around 18mg with a 0.5 ohm paracoil. Gives me a nice throat hit.
  • I find it squonks faster.
  • I find it vaporizes with a bit more "vigour"
That said, there is absolutely nothiny wrong with higher VG juices in the RM2. I just find they give a slightly lower throat hit and you just have to keep your finger on the bottle for a second or two more to squonk because the thicker juice takes a little bit longer to go up the tube.

All the best and let us know how it goes

Currently running 80/20 juice in my RM2 and no issues besides like @Silver said a bit longer squonking time.... But I squonk right after a hit and find that the juice flows easier if still hot in the chamber.

P. S Congrats on the best setup for a flavour experience and longevity still use my RM2 daily on my little Pico Squeeze

Oh @CosmicGopher
I forgot to mention I use small ID coils. Usually 1.6mm. And I like a crisp vape. I find i get what I want with 50/50. With thicker juices it's not as crisp for me

I see you are still in the process of getting a Atty. I also got some RM2's, they are great atty's, but why not go for something like the OL16? You can do a lot more builds, and are also great for MTL. Regarding flavour, you can't go wrong. Regarding VG/PG ratios, I have not had any issues on a RM2? Just keep your wick saturated. I prefer 50/50, 12 mg nic for a decent throat hit.

ol16 for the win..much more versatile in my book

Great stuff @CosmicGopher!

The Reo Modmaster himself only vapes 100 VG. Personally I have done from 90 VG to 90 PG without any problems at all. That is one of the secrets of a Reo and other squonkers - it can do any juice. The higher the PG the easier to oversquonk of course.

Looking forward to see your Reo. Do shout if you have any questions.

I started out on 50/50 juice when I first got a Reo and now vape 70/30 or 80/20 no issues with any of them at all.
As for the atty,I think the RM2 is a good choice to start.Ive had quite a few of the fancy expensive ones and just about all I have now is RM2's.I never have issues with them,they drain well and are easy to build on ( I only use single coils with Ceramic Wick) and if the draw is to tight then just drill it out.Some of mine even have two air holes and thats what Ive come to enjoy most.Good luck and happy Reo ownership.

I prefer high VG juice.
Makes no difference in the end but higher VG means no unwanted leaks out the air holes when you over squonk.

At the end of the day it's about personal preference but high VG juice is somewhat a pain in winter.

You guys are a wealth of information, truly appreciate the help! The Origen Little had really caught my eye, yes, I'm thinking definately giving that one a try as well as the RM 2....I think both would be excellent after looking at them. I like the small form factor of them both. I only have one squonk ready atty, the No Pity rda clone that I have put the squonk pin in....that one, while an excellent flavor atty for dual coil, well the chamber looks a little too big for a small single coil, but we will try it out. Glad to hear that 50/50 works well, thats the type of juice I started out with, and I've always been partial to it, much better throat hit and flavor for sure. And all my diy juice, I usually make at 60/40 anyway. Hmmm, I'm going to have to give a 1.6mm coil a try, 2mm is the smallest I have tried out. i only wish I had started thinking about a Reo sooner........but better late than never for sure.

Thanks to Silver and you other guys, I just tried out a 1.5mm coil, 6 wraps, 28g. Tried this in my old atomic rda, single coil. I've never built a coil so tiny.....WOW....just WOW......immediate ramp up (almost like flipping a light switch) and you're right, the flavor/vapor is much better!! This has immediately become my preferred single coil build now. I was disappointed with my single coil build of a larger diameter, this is so much better for me.

Last edited:
Thanks to Silver and you other guys, I just tried out a 1.5mm coil, 6 wraps, 28g. Tried this in my old atomic rda, single coil. I've never built a coil so tiny.....WOW....just WOW......immediate ramp up (almost like flipping a light switch) and you're right, the flavor/vapor is much better!! This has immediately become my preferred single coil build now. I was disappointed with my single coil build of a larger diameter, this is so much better for me.
I agree 100%. I prefer micro coils for all my Reo's. My smallest micro is 1mm 28ga Ni80 Dual coils in a OL16. The flavour is insane. After every draw I squonk a little just so that the wick does not dry out.

LOL, I don't think I even have anything to build a 1mm coil on, you must use a blunt needle or tiny drill bit for that eh? I'll have to give that one a go sometime.

Back