Reo For Newbies

When one orders a REO from overseas does it come with a first coil and wick or do you have to make it yourself right from the start?

When one orders a REO from overseas does it come with a first coil and wick or do you have to make it yourself right from the start?
No, you have to make it yourself right from the start. Easy peasy for a bass fisherman worth his salt!
Here are some video to keep you busy. The first one is the easiest way, the other 2 are micro coil - little bit more involved.

Ding Dong! I'm now a REO and Coil building master! Thanks @Matthee!

I love the idea of all the goodies you can get when you are rebuilding like the Dark Zero coil jig, A blow torch, little screw drivers, wire, cotton and no doubt other goodies I don't even know about yet.

Is that the sound of the courier delivering your new REO?

I'm trying to hold back from ordering it just yet... if my wife finds my credit card statement I'm in deep kak and ordering a REO and all it's associated paraphernalia will cause my wife to get the spade and dig a big hole in the garden to bury the body. o_O

I'm really an impulsive and a bull in a china shop kinda boy... so I'm trying not to go completely overboard in the first 3 weeks of vaping for real. Whoops already done that... I am seeking help... :rolleyes:

Guys , i have looked , and looked , i just can't justify that kinda price for so little , it seriously does not compute .

Each to their own.
I have been through a lot of equipment and none of them made me more happy than the Reo.
I know it is a bit expensive, but when I add up all the equipment I have bought, I could have bought two from the word go.
Anyway, that is just my own experience.
Again, what ever works for you, is awesome. I had to get to the Reo. Some do'n't need to get to the Reo.

Guys , i have looked , and looked , i just can't justify that kinda price for so little , it seriously does not compute .

I was thinking the same - very simple but effective. I'm also surprised that someone has not copied it yet?

So for the Reonaughts - what don't you like about your kit? (I'm developing a serious itch!!)

The only negative things I can say about mine is 1, the price

secondly - I forget to sqonk then get dry/burnt hits - and as a man coming from a mini pt2, it get's irritating sometimes when I just want to vape

So for the Reonaughts - what don't you like about your kit? (I'm developing a serious itch!!)
As a Reonaut, I answered this question in December last year as follows:
For me, almost nothing. It is near unbreakable, can be washed, requires minimum maintenance, is the perfect hand and pocket fit, does not leak, does not look like a *** toy, has an all day juice bottle and battery, etcetera. With the very forgiving and easiest to build RM2 you can build and position your coil for your sweet spot and many different coiling and wicking materials and ways are possible. The vape is always consistent and of dripper quality. It has been built to to be able to vape 100 % VG as well. Would have liked to be able to use more readily available 18650 batteries.

Oh i agree 100% , and i would have gone the REO route at some stage , but once i got into the whole rebuild mod stuff i see there is more out there calling my inner geek .....

Would have liked to be able to use more readily available 18650 batteries.

Ahhhh I missed that one... so it has to be a AW IMR 18650 3.7 volt battery? And that's different to the normal 18650's we use?

Ahhhh I missed that one... so it has to be a AW IMR 18650 3.7 volt battery? And that's different to the normal 18650's we use?
At the moment the Reo Grand prefers the button top AW IMR 18650s. Once the new sub ohm kit is out (middle March) any IMR battery (flat or button top) will do. Not that any IMR batteries (recommended for all mods, both electronic and mechanical) are readily available in South Africa, but that should change. CVS does import AWs from time to time and Skyblue did facilitate a group import of Efests some time ago. @johanct is currently investigating a group buy of the newest Efests.

As a Reonaut, I answered this question in December last year as follows:
For me, almost nothing. It is near unbreakable, can be washed, requires minimum maintenance, is the perfect hand and pocket fit, does not leak, does not look like a *** toy, has an all day juice bottle and battery, etcetera. With the very forgiving and easiest to build RM2 you can build and position your coil for your sweet spot and many different coiling and wicking materials and ways are possible. The vape is always consistent and of dripper quality. It has been built to to be able to vape 100 % VG as well. Would have liked to be able to use more readily available 18650 batteries.

Thanks for this, but my question is what DON'T you like?

The only reason im selling my Reo Grand is because I dont have a Mini, chances are ima b sorry I sold it because im impulsive and I want what want. I had the option of buy the mini and went with the Grand because it ws my first Reo. I love my Reo to bits, u get so used to squonking that it doesnt matter. The dry hits u get a slight taste then u know its time to squonk. Its not like it creeps up on you like other mods. At least this has been my experience so far

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

I dont like that I have to still charge batteries. Thats really irritating, HONERSTLY there is nothing I dislike sorry

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Back