Rob Fisher

ECIGSSA Admin
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
FINES MASTER
LV

Awards
I didn't want to highjack any of the technical threads on the REO but I think it's time for the REO experts to talk slowly to us infidels about the REO.

In plain english please and any acronyms with a translation.

If I understand it correctly it has a bottle of juice built in so instead of dripping you press the bottle and it feeds juice onto the coil and wick? You then vape as per normal?

Do you have to build your own coils or can you buy them ready made?

There is the big one (Grande) and there is a smaller one (Mini)... what's the difference?

Any simple explanations will be most welcome!

Ok i dont own a Reo yet , but ill give it a go.

1: Yes the Reo has a built in juice bottle , which feeds juice to the coil when "squonked" (squeezed) you then vape as normal.

2: Yes you have to build your own coils. I'm sure @Matthee will post a link to some build tutorials shortly :)

3: The Grand requires AW 18650 batteries and the Mini requires AW 18490 batteries.

Thanks @iPWN that's a good start... :)

I take it there are different drip tips (as opposed to clearomisers with juice in them) that one can use on the REO?

Thanks @iPWN that's a good start... :)

I take it there are different drip tips (as opposed to clearomisers with juice in them) that one can use on the REO?

@Rob Fisher the drip tip is just the bit you put in your mouth to vape :) But yes you can use other rebuildable atties on the Reo's they will need to be bottom fed though ( otherwise you will not be able to squonk )

Most Reo owners use the RM2 ( Reomizer 2.0 ) atty which is available from Reo's mods. There are others but most will require a "Low profile" Grand to work properly.

20140226_065938.jpg
Layout of the Reo mini 2.1

20140226_065903.jpg
Difference between Grand and Mini 2.1

20140226_065827.jpg
Coil and juice feed hole in the Reomiser 2.0

OU718wJ.jpg
Size difference between Grand and Mini 2.1

Wow @TylerD, thats an amazing post!
Spongebob is famous!

Rob, well done for asking these questions ;-)

Rob, i dont have a REO yet, but just something that may help a bit to understand the thought process.

My experience with dripping (my IGO-L on my SVD at 12.5Watts) gave me a whole new experience in vaping. Basically, compared to the pT2mini, which you and I know well, its like triple the flavour and about 5 times or even more in throat hit. Clouds are more but i dont care much for that.

Only problem is that dripping is inconvenient. You have to drip a few drops then you can vape like 6 or 8 drags then drip again. Its a hassle. I see it as an amazing experience rather than a sustainable vaping solution.

The REO is supposed to add the convenience of a tank to the performance of a dripper.

I may be oversimplifying it and there are other issues to consider, which REO owners can elaborate on, but this is the basic idea as i understand it.

My advice to you is that before you get a REO, you try a well set up dripper or even better ask someone who has one to give you a try. Use juice that you know well. Vape it for a while, not just one or two drags. If you like that then you can go for something like a REO. You may not like that type of vape at all. You may love it so much that you order 2 REOs ;-)

O, and the last picture is stolen, courtesy of @Matthee . :D

I figured that. Lol.

@Matthee, wanted to ask, what is the difference between the two atomisers? Are they both the rM2? The one looks different. Apologies rob, a bit off topic.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the insightful responses, the info here helped me understand some of the questions I had about reo's

I think it's time for our vendors to make a few available locally?

Only problem is that dripping is inconvenient. You have to drip a few drops then you can vape like 6 or 8 drags then drip again. Its a hassle. I see it as an amazing experience rather than a sustainable vaping solution.

I'm with you all the way @Silver1 that's exactly what I was thinking... seems like a lot of effort compared to the SVD/Nautilus set up... but I keep thinking I'm missing out... but good advice all round guys and I am starting to get this now.

I think it's time for our vendors to make a few available locally?

They don't sell bulk - so we would have to buy it at retail, then pay shipping, vat etc, then add our profit on top - will be cheaper to just buy one yourself :)

this thread should be renamed:

my trip towards becoming a reonaut :)

I'm with you all the way @Silver1 that's exactly what I was thinking... seems like a lot of effort compared to the SVD/Nautilus set up... but I keep thinking I'm missing out... but good advice all round guys and I am starting to get this now.

Rob, i would love a totally hassle free awesome vaping experience too ! If you are enjoying the Nautlius on the SVD, rather enjoy it for now and be in vaping heaven. Chasing a bigger and better vape is pointless really, if you enjoy what you have now. And its hassle free for you. My problem is that my PT2 mini is just not enough intensity for me. Its more mellow. I find myself wanting more. If you are satisfied with the Nautilus, then i am truly envious.

And its hassle free for you.

It's not entirely hassle free... the occasional misfire and me having to turn the SVD off and on is annoying... the set up is really heavy and my drawstring Woolies shorts that I wear all the time keep falling down and the chicks go wild... :eek:

The MVP is a little lighter and my second Nautilus is going on that in a minute or so and maybe that is a bit of a solution.

But yes I'm pretty happy with the vaping right now!

View attachment 1558
Layout of the Reo mini 2.1

View attachment 1559
Difference between Grand and Mini 2.1

View attachment 1560
Coil and juice feed hole in the Reomiser 2.0

View attachment 1561
Size difference between Grand and Mini 2.1
The best I've seen ever, awesome @TylerD. Maybe repost that picture with the Mini in your hand to give an idea of working size. @Rob Fisher the Grand, as you can see, is a bit taller and just a tad wider than the Mini. The Grand is a nice, comfortable hand fit, the Mini is an enfoldable hand fit. I always recommended the Grand as a first buy with 6 ml juice bottle and bigger (18650) battery, especially if you vape more than 3 ml (Mini juice bottle size), but it is also very easy to just unscrew the bottle, fill, screw in and go. Or you can carry spare bottles to swap out.

Love the image of the chicks going wild when your SVD/Nautilus pulls down your shorts!!
So funny.

Ya, i'd love a Twisp sized device with the performance of a dripper and the battery life of the MVP. I would buy 5 of them tomorrow if they existed!!

I hope the ingenious vaping propellor heads globally are reading this post ;-)
Wishful thinking.

Back